PDA

View Full Version : Staff behaviour

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Been meaning to make this thread for quite a while now. Anyway, there was once a time when staff members were disciplined and not treated differently to members just because of their staff status. This is no longer the case.

It's hard to make this thread without naming names and specific incidents which I could reel off with ease. I've been instructed not to do so and I made complaints about them at the time they happened to no avail anyway.

I created this thread because staff seem to get away with murder on the forum and on Habbo now. In the past they would have been fired by General Management on the spot. Just because they are staff they shouldn't be treated any different.

When I was staff I had it drummed into me and drummed it into my staff that they had to ensure they stayed within the rules at all times because they had to set an example and because they were representing Habbox and if they went around breaking the forum rules it looked worse than a forum member breaking the rules.

Now however, no staff are ever being fired for their conduct on the forum and on the client when they should be. I've had a staff member swear and insult me - no action was taken. That should be 2 infractions and instant dismissal as far as I'm concerned.

I spoke to a department manager about this and I was told they aren't allowed to fire people without consulting the GM and the staff editor first? Obviously, you have to request permissions to be removed before you dismiss the individual in question but you shouldn't have to ask General Management when it's your department.

People said ---MAD--- was bad for this sort of thing but he always allowed managers to get on with what they wanted to do which is no longer the case from what I've been told and seen. Staff seem to be treated like they are somehow superior to us muggles (:P) on the forum.

Some staff members are notorious trouble makers on the forum, I know it's a bit ironic for me to criticise them but I'm not staff. When they post to cause arguments their posts aren't dealt with. I can think of a friend who this applies to but I won't get them in trouble. Anyway, I just don't think it's fair staff aren't treated the same as members. I expect staff members will disagree in this thread, for obvious reasons but hey, just my genuine opinion.

I want this changed so that if staff break the rules they are disciplined appropriately. I spoke to a super moderator who told me that all management are very reluctant to dismiss staff nowadays when in past regimes certain people would have been fired.

Mickword
18-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Yes I agree jake :P. I really do, they should be like everyone else, but keep there jobs a side.

Sammeth.
18-09-2009, 05:49 PM
oh em gee, I've only just started give me chance :'(

But seriously, at the moment I've had very little staff issues reported to me on the forum, and as far as I was aware department managers were still allowed to dismiss people without consent of general management, however I know a lot choose to provide general management with reasons before hand. I don't think it's compulsary though. If it is I'm in the poo cus I've been removing perms without asking the reasons behind it :P!

GoldenMerc
18-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Let me take over sammy

Inseriousity.
18-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Competitions staff are angels :eusa_whis

I've not had any problems with staff, personally. Yes, sometimes they joke but I joke back so it's all okay :D

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I realised after that the staff editor had just changed so maybe wasn't best time to post without seeing if you were going to do the role well like smiddy and nvr :)

xxMATTGxx
18-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I spoke to a department manager about this and I was told they aren't allowed to fire people without consulting the GM and the staff editor first? Obviously, you have to request permissions to be removed before you dismiss the individual in question but you shouldn't have to ask General Management when it's your department.

That's the first time I have heard that. I know they can stop me from firing someone but I don't need to ask permission from what I know. :)

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Well I'm glad the person I spoke to was mistaken because that woulda been a hideous rule :P

AgnesIO
18-09-2009, 06:25 PM
That's the first time I have heard that. I know they can stop me from firing someone but I don't need to ask permission from what I know. :)

Well I am not aware of that rule, although te rule to have upper management approve of the person being hired, unless in extreme cases, is ridiculous imo :P

And to what you were saying Jake, I was fired on the spot months ago from events for saying **** on one of my events (within reasons imo :P)

I am not saying that firing was right or wrong, but I know they used to fire on the spot - isn't there some 'warning' rule now?

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Yet I was insulted and swore at one the forum and the user wasn't fired, it wasn't just one post, it was 3-5 all aimed at me. It would have been 3-5 infractions if it was a user, I'm sure of that much.

Grig
18-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Yes this is a very very positive and needed thread. I have had to send in some complaints about staff members' bahaviour, and really it is just all ignored- hell I don't even get a reply. You are right in saying they should set an example and not run around immaturly making fools out of themselves and annoying other people (whether it be normal members or other members of staff).

I really wish to see things dealt with, or at least a simple reply when I complain. Now I complained two weeks before Sammeth. was appointed to his current position in charge of staff issues, however I understand people are busy, but some staff issues need to be dealt with- or at least I should get a reply.

The conduct of some (now remember this is a small percentage) staff members in various departments has fallen two fold. The majority are nice, mature people so don't get me wrong I am talking about everyone. But when I wanted staff issues dealt with, it was passed like thin air.

Very good issue, Imensemen- have some rep!

xxMATTGxx
18-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Well I am not aware of that rule, although te rule to have upper management approve of the person being hired, unless in extreme cases, is ridiculous imo :P

And to what you were saying Jake, I was fired on the spot months ago from events for saying **** on one of my events (within reasons imo :P)

I am not saying that firing was right or wrong, but I know they used to fire on the spot - isn't there some 'warning' rule now?

I'm confused by your post. From what I remember nvr told me that he could stop me from firing someone. But I can understand that because I could just fire a for a stupid and not real reason. Hiring, yes that's different as I need to ask before hiring anyone into the Moderation Department.

Accipiter
18-09-2009, 06:47 PM
i saw this happen with x.samlouise when she spammed like mad and i didn't see any disipline and it took a while if any was actually conducted, i know she was contacted because she sent me a hate message... which staff really shouldn't do. shouldn't say staff, should just say her.

buttons
18-09-2009, 06:52 PM
totally agree, there are a few staff who are as bad as some members, it's not a personal grudge i hold but for example one member of staff being "sexually explicit" as it were, it wasn't even a rvr or anything it was high up :eusa_danc. anyway yeah i guess you don't see much being done about it because apparently s/mods can't edit staffs posts and they're just meant to be sent to AGMs?? i think that should be changed...

apparently my post reports were going to be passed onto jin or nvr about one member of staff who was just taking the absolute piss and never heard anything about it, said member of staff is still not fired (not that i've seen them do anything wrong recently) so i don't think some things are being taken seriously. i'm not just gonna make assumptions but it's as though they can't let go of old staff and making excuses to keep them when they should be long gone but what do i know :)

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I think that maybe just one moderator should be allowed to deal with staff posts. In an almost super/staff moderator. I'd recommend one of the Super Moderators. I don't think normal moderators or even super moderators should be allowed to deal with staff posts.

Just one active user who is allowed to deal with all staff other than managers would resolve the issue quite nicely. Not firing them but given permissions to hand them infraction/warnings. They could look at all the staff post reports and let the staff editor deal with staff complaints and staff permissions.

Accipiter
18-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I think that maybe just one moderator should be allowed to deal with staff posts. In an almost super/staff moderator. I'd recommend one of the Super Moderators. I don't think normal moderators or even super moderators should be allowed to deal with staff posts.

Just one active user who is allowed to deal with all staff other than managers would resolve the issue quite nicely. Not firing them but given permissions to hand them infraction/warnings. They could look at all the staff post reports and let the staff editor deal with staff complaints and staff permissions.

i heard bomb-head deals with staff rule breaks. But it has to be passed onto him by another mod.

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Bomb-Head has stepped down. That is how Habbox deal with staff breaks. A moderator passes it on to the staff editor which is now Sammeth. who has replaced Bomb-Head. I just think having one well respected super moderator and allow them to deal with staff as well it'll quash such issues.

They can be chosen by Sammeth. and they can work together in ensuring that staff actually behave like they should because it clearly isn't just me who has noticed it. It's you, Liam, Jen and Grig which are like half of the people who have posted.

Accipiter
18-09-2009, 07:24 PM
wasn't sammeth head of graphics before? thats a huge promo if so.

it caused quite a bit of trouble when i wasn't seeing anything getting done about x.samlouise so im all for a team of even 2-3 who treat with the staff reports.

Sammeth.
18-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Does literally no one know who I am?!!?!?

At least give me a week to see if things improve, if they're still shoddy, lets see what we can do :8! Not being funny, but I think since I've started I've seen one post report that related to a staff member, and I haven't had one PM from a member about staff behaviour. The more posts that get reported and the more stuff people send me then it gets dealt with a lot more. I do browse the forums a lot, but its impossible for me to track everything :P

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Probably because people have stopped because nothing is ever done :D Nah, I know what you mean, I don't think it's a huge issue. Just when situations do arise, like some of the ones mentioned in the thread they aren't dealt with.

CHA!NGANG
18-09-2009, 07:46 PM
To be honest, I agree. There used to be strict rules in place proventing staff acting badly on habbo and habbox and now that seems not to be there. I mean, there is someone in this thread that has posted (not naming names), that has only recently acted poorly on the forum so yeah I think it needs to be looked into a bit.

Dw Hubby I know who you are ;)

Sammeth.
18-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Well I'll make it known now that if anyone PMs me with anything, I will deal with it :D In the latter parts of Davids reign he had a lot going on his life, which eventually led to his resignation so thats why it may have appeared things weren't getting dealt with. Hopefully things will improve as David now has a much more manageable job innit.

lick
18-09-2009, 07:50 PM
yeah i agree tbh, a high member of staff use to always make private jokes about people on the forum and use to post to cause arguements, and when i reported them nothing got done, so i would say the same thing they did in another thread and mine would get removed but theres would not??

maybe because them and bombhead txts each other?? i dunno.. hope Sammeth. does not let people he likes of

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 07:53 PM
He's so busy so resigns so lets give him a job which requires a lot of work and replace him with someone who is getting a full time job and resigned because they were too busy. Too busy you say?! Have an AGM job. Hey now we have a place free... hmm... you're going to uni next week?! Have the AGM job!!

lmaooooooooo i'm joking but yeah.

i hope you deal with them better sam

Sammeth.
18-09-2009, 07:54 PM
oMg I've been in my full time job for AGES now, and I moved over to this one cus I could still do STUFF but community is just too much. This is enough. :8

Titch
18-09-2009, 07:56 PM
He's so busy so resigns so lets give him a job which requires a lot of work and replace him with someone who is getting a full time job and resigned because they were too busy. Too busy you say?! Have an AGM job. Hey now we have a place free... hmm... you're going to uni next week?! Have the AGM job!!

lmaooooooooo i'm joking but yeah.

i hope you deal with them better sam

The most sense youv made in years babe!

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 07:57 PM
i try my best joe

Accipiter
18-09-2009, 08:09 PM
tbh i've worked with sammeth (i think, thats if you were graphics manager, btw who is graphics manager now to?) and (if it was him) he was quite mature with his work and got it done.

tbh im mature with my work but if i don't agree with something i express myself on the forum. And about 5 of the warnings and infractions were pointless and a few were based on just letting the forum have a bit of fun with a few pics i stumbled across, not nudity or anything tbf.

So gl sammeth

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 08:12 PM
i didn't know he was gfx manager?

Sammeth.
18-09-2009, 08:14 PM
When I was still Community AGM and Grraphics had no management I ran it for a few weeks till Jay got back n ting.

Accipiter
18-09-2009, 08:17 PM
yh i worked in it for 2 weeks while you were graphics manager before i had to leave exam revision and pressure from school.

myke
18-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes this is a very very positive and needed thread. I have had to send in some complaints about staff members' bahaviour, and really it is just all ignored- hell I don't even get a reply. You are right in saying they should set an example and not run around immaturly making fools out of themselves and annoying other people (whether it be normal members or other members of staff).

I really wish to see things dealt with, or at least a simple reply when I complain. Now I complained two weeks before Sammeth. was appointed to his current position in charge of staff issues, however I understand people are busy, but some staff issues need to be dealt with- or at least I should get a reply.

The conduct of some (now remember this is a small percentage) staff members in various departments has fallen two fold. The majority are nice, mature people so don't get me wrong I am talking about everyone. But when I wanted staff issues dealt with, it was passed like thin air.

Very good issue, Imensemen- have some rep!
why, since you've became a senior dj have you all of a sudden become prime minister with your posts :$ ...

yh i agree, ive seen plenty of staff rule breaking that's not dealt with with due cause... probably because of friendships :rolleyes:

Immenseman
18-09-2009, 09:14 PM
friendships with management and how you're treated always has been and always will be a huge factor in how individuals are treated on habbox. i have no doubt if some people weren't friends they would have been fired. however, they are friends so aren't fired.

Black_Apalachi
19-09-2009, 01:39 AM
[...] Now however, no staff are ever being fired for their conduct on the forum and on the client when they should be. I've had a staff member swear and insult me - no action was taken. That should be 2 infractions and instant dismissal as far as I'm concerned. [...]

I didn't know behaviour on the client was relevant :O

[...] Not being funny, but I think since I've started I've seen one post report that related to a staff member [...]

That was me wasn't it.. :(

I think this whole thread is about meeee *epic cry* :'(

GoldenMerc
19-09-2009, 02:55 AM
But Jake you know you got away with **** loads of messing about, i know it happens quite alot but remember you got away with it alot ;)

scott
19-09-2009, 07:56 AM

I think this whole thread is about meeee *epic cry* :'(
In official habbox rooms it is (HxHD, Event rooms etc) :P

Catzsy
19-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Well Sam hasn't been in the post very long so I suggest a line is drawn and any posts are reported. The Smods always forward the reported posts to the Staff Editor so I am sure it will be dealt with. Totally agree that staff should not break the rules. If anything they should be even more careful to make sure they don't.

Immenseman
19-09-2009, 10:09 AM

I think this whole thread is about meeee *epic cry*

The thread isn't aimed at you at all :P It's just a case of a minority ruining it for the majority. However, these minority aren't being dealt with like they should be. On the client, Habbox staff have to behave in Habbox related rooms and they're basically the only rooms I go in on Habbo. I have known people to be fired for their action on the client.

But Jake you know you got away with **** loads of messing about, i know it happens quite alot but remember you got away with it alot ;)

Messing about, yes. Breaking rules, no. When I was a staff member I never got an infraction/warning. Well, not when I took it serious in 2006-2008. Sure I had a few notices telling me to be a bit more careful. Of course I done that infamous one thing that will ensure I never work for Habbox again, which is fair enough.

However, I never went around participating in arguments between users and acted just like a user with the mentality of 'who cares - I won't be dealt with, I'm staff' which I think a few staff members have unfortunately adopted. I wonder if some people are just staff so they don't get punished, I wouldn't be surprised.

Accipiter
19-09-2009, 10:17 AM
was that infamous one thing the thing you done with kyle to one paticular forum member?

Immenseman
19-09-2009, 10:18 AM
nope hahaha, wasn't staff then ;)

edit; i was actually i think but meh it kinda revolves around that sort of thing.

Accipiter
19-09-2009, 10:21 AM
lmao, i think we should be allowed atleast 1 majour prat about, cause tbf their forum is pretty boring without a bit of those rules being broken in the process. i guess i'll just have to raid the spam forum.

Immenseman
19-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Yeah, controversy and arguments do make the forum what it is. One of the Super Moderators told me it sucked that the people who cause half the trouble don't post as much/quit/permed.

Accipiter
19-09-2009, 10:27 AM
a forum is a place for discussion, discussion causes opinions opinions cause arguements, so posting to cause arguements is one of the most stupid rules on this forum.

Immenseman
19-09-2009, 10:30 AM
depends on context though.

buttons
19-09-2009, 11:38 AM
a forum is a place for discussion, discussion causes opinions opinions cause arguements, so posting to cause arguements is one of the most stupid rules on this forum.
damn straight. anything can be seen as posting to cause an argument.

lick
19-09-2009, 11:58 AM
damn straight. anything can be seen as posting to cause an argument.

reported your post tbh, trying to cause arguments with voiceover

and i agree, with what ever super mod said it.. the forum is **** now

Robbie
19-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Posting to cause an argument infraction is not given unless it gets personal

Immenseman
19-09-2009, 12:48 PM
i've never been given an infraction for posting to cause arguments unless i directly do post to cause an argument... i don't see how that's a silly rule lol...

GoldenMerc
19-09-2009, 12:48 PM
oo, well tbh. atm the forum seems empty, we get everyone logging on just not posting. i fink we should do something funnn

Immenseman
19-09-2009, 01:00 PM
yeah, always happens when people back to school/college/uni/work/busier than they are in summer.

Grig
19-09-2009, 05:13 PM
why, since you've became a senior dj have you all of a sudden become prime minister with your posts :$ ...

yh i agree, ive seen plenty of staff rule breaking that's not dealt with with due cause... probably because of friendships :rolleyes:

I've always had a vocal voice on issues I believed in. I knew it was a long transition for Sammeth. to take over on staff issues, but I hope things are taken more seriously. I do remember the days where Mad would not hesitate to fire people who really were immature left, right and centre on both habbo and the forums.

myke
19-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I've always had a vocal voice on issues I believed in. I knew it was a long transition for Sammeth. to take over on staff issues, but I hope things are taken more seriously. I do remember the days where Mad would not hesitate to fire people who really were immature left, right and centre on both habbo and the forums.

kk if you say so ;) :rolleyes:

i can certainly see that in some departments there's a few bits of friendliness getting in the way of being fair... but hey, you'll get it where-ever you go :)

Black_Apalachi
20-09-2009, 04:22 PM
In official habbox rooms it is (HxHD, Event rooms etc) :P

The thread isn't aimed at you at all :P It's just a case of a minority ruining it for the majority. However, these minority aren't being dealt with like they should be. On the client, Habbox staff have to behave in Habbox related rooms and they're basically the only rooms I go in on Habbo. I have known people to be fired for their action on the client. ...

oic :D

... However, I never went around participating in arguments between users and acted just like a user with the mentality of 'who cares - I won't be dealt with, I'm staff' which I think a few staff members have unfortunately adopted. I wonder if some people are just staff so they don't get punished, I wouldn't be surprised.

Haha, ironically the only infractions I ever got were while I was staff :P.

Immenseman
20-09-2009, 04:26 PM
That's because you're a hardcore rebel.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!