PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your All-Time Favouite Game?

RandomManJay
19-09-2009, 08:49 AM
This can span from any console to any game ever since you held a controller :P.

Mine is Dark Chronicle (PS2), I borrowed it off my cousin once (when he still had it) and was on it everyday for about 2 months, I'd completed the game and still went on it just to mess about :P. I search around for ages when I remembered about it a couple of months ago and found it on Amazon, so I bought it and completed again during my time off from uni. I still get the same feeling I had the first time I played it :D.

Anyone else got an all-time favourite game?

PaulMacC
19-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Final Fantasy 4.

dogboy123
19-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Ratchet and clank
lego racers
wacky races
rayman

gd timez

Special
19-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins

also i like Super Mario Bros. for the DS

RandomManJay
19-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins

also i like Super Mario Bros. for the DS

I can remember when I finished Mario Land 2, was so excited it took me ages to complete it xD!

Special
19-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I can remember when I finished Mario Land 2, was so excited it took me ages to complete it xD!

On the final boss in the big castle when i was on the flying part when you could fly, i was shaking lol, i was about 8 :rolleyes:

Donkeyballs18
19-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Got to be Final Fantasy 7 on ps1 it was an amazing game for its time and still is and no its out on the PSN shop on ps3 woop... As for my favourite ps3 game its gotta be Fallout 3 which im 1 trophy off platnumin

Callum.
19-09-2009, 12:05 PM
perfect dark or james bond golden eye. both on nintendo.

I loved them games.

dbgtz
19-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Pokemon crystal, I dunno why lol. Probably coz I was the only one in the area to have that and everyone else had silver/gold. And the sexy suicune.

jackass
19-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Team Fortress Classic (TFC) (PC)

Fez
19-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Shadow of the Colossus

ItsDave
19-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Grand Theft Auto IV, simply legendary.

Fez
19-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Grand Theft Auto IV, simply legendary.

Traitor.

ItsDave
19-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Traitor.

How? :S

Simmzay
19-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Donkey Kong Country 2

Fez
19-09-2009, 10:22 PM
How? :S

GTA IV is the worst in the series.

Neil
19-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Fable
Crackdown
Diablo 2
Call of Duty 2

Possibly soon Borderlands if it's as good as it looks.

Edit - Nathan did you not play Vice City? o.O

ItsDave
19-09-2009, 11:32 PM
GTA IV is the worst in the series.

I like Vice City more to be honest, but GTA IV has all the physics engine and stuff, so yeah and with the downloadable content, its easily brilliant.

Meanies
19-09-2009, 11:35 PM
the getaway black monday ;)

Lost_Addict
20-09-2009, 12:29 AM
MOH allied assult
Orange box
Dr dragos wacky chase (or osmthing like that rofl)
Black and white
and spyro hehe

my faves ever

Fez
20-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Fable
Crackdown
Diablo 2
Call of Duty 2

Possibly soon Borderlands if it's as good as it looks.

Edit - Nathan did you not play Vice City? o.O

Vice City was barely saved by its soundtrack and downright delicious 'feel'.

GTA IV just saps all the fun out of it and replaces with cold generic realism, it occasionally has its moments, but apart from that I hate its guts.

That's my opinion anyway.

I like Vice City more to be honest, but GTA IV has all the physics engine and stuff, so yeah and with the downloadable content, its easily brilliant.

Physics don't make a game good, if it did then Half-Life 2 would be the best game evar!111 It's like saying that my bathtub is the biggest in the world because of the waves I can make when I'm in it. It's not what a bath was meant to do. Games weren't meant to simulate physics, they were meant to be toys for us to enjoy and be immersed into.

DLC wise... meh. I love that they're not just vehicles and weapons, and it sets an example for other games to follow its lead. Real big meaty expansion packs that last 12 hours.

ItsDave
20-09-2009, 12:40 AM
That's my opinion anyway.

Stole the words right outta my mouth

Jordy
20-09-2009, 11:07 AM
I'd say either GTA III or Call of Duty 4.

I think you just remember games better in the past.

adaym
20-09-2009, 11:11 AM
FIFA 99 or GTA: SA

The Professor
21-09-2009, 03:03 PM
I'd say either GTA III or Call of Duty 4.

I think you just remember games better in the past.

GTA III is such an awesome game :D

I'd have to be boring and say Portal, everything about it is just perfect. The only thing I'd really criticise is its relatively short length but idk if being longer would ruin it by making it boring.

samantha421
22-09-2009, 06:41 PM
This may seem sad but its got to be sims :D
The original version, I have had it since about 2002/3 and I still play it today :D

Stitch
22-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Pokemon crystal, I dunno why lol. Probably coz I was the only one in the area to have that and everyone else had silver/gold. And the sexy suicune.
AMAZING GAME! :P I cannot wait for HeartGold/SoulSilver!

Mine:
Call of Duty 2 (PC)
Rock Band 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Pokemon Yellow

Black_Apalachi
22-09-2009, 11:17 PM
the getaway black monday ;)

I loved The Getaway games but there were things about them that really aggravated me. Hope they make a PS3/360 one! :O A modern GTA: London would be even better though.

I understand what people mean about GTA IV, but I still remember the first time playing it; was the first time I'd played on a 360 (and hadn't played on a PS3) so it was just a whole new awesome experience.

My fav games of all time would beeeeeeeeeee:

- Crash Bandicoot (first game ever played (other than Sonic probably))
- Grand Theft Auto (yes, the original :8)
- Driver (possibly the most excited I ever was about a game)
- Rayman
- Mario 64
- Spyro
- V-Rally 2 (V-Rally was awesome, then once I got used to V-Rally 2, that was even more awesome. V-Rally 3 sucked)
- Pokémon Blue (played Leaf Green more recently - wish that was around when I was little)
- Fifa 2000 or 2004
- Toy Story (SNES)
- Toy Story 2 (PS)
- Star Wars: Episode I
- Gran Turismo 3
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
- TOCA Touring Cars

</never-ending list>

Does anyone remember the Rugrats game? That was so cool! :D

Stitch
23-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Does anyone remember the Rugrats game? That was so cool! :D

YEAH! The one where you play as Reptar at the end? You've made me want to play it now!

Southe,
23-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Well i love sonic so i like all his games. but 1- 3&knuckles and sonic adventure 2 are my faves.

so ,my faves are

Sonic 1, 2, 3, &Knuckles, Adventure 2
Hogs Of War - PS
Ape Escape - PS
Pokemon Yellow - GB
Phantasy Star Online - DC/GC
MGS Series

Fez
23-09-2009, 11:22 AM
YEAH! The one where you play as Reptar at the end? You've made me want to play it now!

NOSTALGIA. IT BURRRRRNS!

Also one my most favourite games, but not on my "BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME" is...

Driv3r

Say what you want, I blood loved it.

Black_Apalachi
23-09-2009, 08:07 PM

Ha, I don't remember tbh. I just know you could explore the wholleee house and it seemed massive. I remember chasing the goose who steals grandpa's teeth! :P

NOSTALGIA. IT BURRRRRNS!

Also one my most favourite games, but not on my "BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME" is...

Driv3r

Say what you want, I blood loved it.

The third one? Although I enjoyed it, I'd probably say it was the worst of the four! The first make me go crazy (as I said earlier in thread :P), the second was like, 'YOU CAN GET OUT OF THE CAR AND THE ROADS AREN'T STRAIGHT OMGZZ' :P and remember the hidden cars on Driver 2??? The Mini!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I remember blowing stuff up with the grenade launcher on Driv3r was good but then Parallel Lines was so much better :8.

Fez
23-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Say what you want but I spent hours just driving, messing around and using the whole Director thing about it. I wish there were more maps to mess around in though :(

Black_Apalachi
23-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Say what you want but I spent hours just driving, messing around and using the whole Director thing about it. I wish there were more maps to mess around in though :(

I did that on every Driver game! :D That and GTA are probably the two series I've spent most time playing collectively. FIFA would be close third ;).

Fez
23-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I did that on every Driver game! :D That and GTA are probably the two series I've spent most time playing collectively. FIFA would be close third ;).
We need a real meaty Driver 4... with spaceships and alienz from outar spaec.

Black_Apalachi
23-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Haha, I'm looking forward to something that goes a bit back towards the classic aspect of the original but with all the physics which can be seen on 360/PS3 like GTA IV :8.

Fez
23-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Haha, I'm looking forward to something that goes a bit back towards the classic aspect of the original but with all the physics which can be seen on 360/PS3 like GTA IV :8.
Physics schmisics. If you judge a game by its physics then you must either be

- A n00b
- My dad

Although I will admit, I hope it adopts modern technological doodahs.

Black_Apalachi
23-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Physics schmisics. If you judge a game by its physics then you must either be

- A n00b
- My dad

Although I will admit, I hope it adopts modern technological doodahs.

I don't know about you but on Driver, GTA and any other games like them, I spend most of my time driving vehicles than I do on foot shooting stuff. So the vehicle physics is a big deal.

I downloaded the original Driver on my PS3 and was reminded of how much it has improved from those days to the likes of GTA IV today. It was almost diappointing to play it again :P.

Neil
23-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I loved the first Driver but hated the second third, though I did quite enjoy Parallel lines, I remember Stuntman aswell, that was such an over hyped game but it was fun. xD

Accipiter
23-09-2009, 08:58 PM
o i have had a few, team buddies is probaly my top game, not very well known but ******* awesome.

then i loved rachet and clank, the first 3 anyways. and i liked the first super smash brothers brawl, not so much the second one.

and fave modern game and game makers is fallout 3 and bethseda.

The Don
23-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Golden Eye N64, Ape escape 1&2, cod 4

Black_Apalachi
23-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I loved the first Driver but hated the second third, though I did quite enjoy Parallel lines, I remember Stuntman aswell, that was such an over hyped game but it was fun. xD

I remember the Stuntman trailer and just like WOWWW :O lol, I loved the game too. The demo for the second one didn't look very good though.

ItsDave
23-09-2009, 09:33 PM
I remember the Stuntman trailer and just like WOWWW :O lol, I loved the game too. The demo for the second one didn't look very good though.

Stuntman was terrible tbh :eusa_whis

Black_Apalachi
23-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Stuntman was terrible tbh :eusa_whis

Nahh I loved how they hinted at different themes.. like Indiana Jones and James Bond-esque :D. I loved the mountainside driving on the James Bond scenes. And you unlocked vehicles and obstacles to build your own stunt park!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!