PDA

View Full Version : I DON'T CARE ABOUT COMMENTING IN THE TRADE CATEGORY.

Xarea
19-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Why the hell is that worthy of a forced announcement?

I rarely come on this forum now days, but everytime I come on, i'm forced to read some stupid thread that DOESN'T matter.

Stop it.

xxMATTGxx
19-09-2009, 09:15 PM
If you don't want to follow the rules then fine, but don't complain when a member of the Moderation Department punishes you for breaking that rule.

Xarea
19-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Excuse me? Are you an invalid? I didn't once say that I didn't want to follow the rule, I said I didn't want to see forced announcements for issues that aren't a concern of the majority of this forum, including me.

xxMATTGxx
19-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Excuse me? Are you an invalid? I didn't once say that I didn't want to follow the rule, I said I didn't want to see forced announcements for issues that aren't a concern of the majority of this forum, including me.

You said:

I rarely come on this forum now days, but everytime I come on, i'm forced to read some stupid thread that DOESN'T matter.

Meaning you wouldn’t know what an issue was and what isn't. That announcement was made because of a high increase of people commenting in the trading section. Instead of them keep getting told of and punished the thread was created to remind everyone who used them areas that they weren't allowed to comment in the trading section.

immense
19-09-2009, 09:29 PM
YOU CARE SO LITTLE ABOUT THIS FORUM YOU MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT

Inseriousity.
19-09-2009, 09:33 PM
You don't really need to read them if you know it doesn't concern you anymore tbh. It just saves time in the long run for the moderators.

immense
19-09-2009, 09:34 PM
you'd be the sort of person first to complain if you got told off for breaking that rule because you didn't know it was a rule. so it's letting the majority know, i fail to see where the issue arises.

Martin
19-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I like it, and it serves as a useful reminder for people who are maybe newer to the forum, who may not be totally knowledgable of the rules. I should imagine it helps the moderators out too.

syko2006
19-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Well done on making a completely nonsensical thread about what (effectively) you do and do not want to see.

The announcements are made for a reason, you said you don't come on the forum that much, therefore you are one of the people that need reminding of this rule.

On the moderation teams behalf, I wasn't moderating just then, but merely stating a point.

Love you mods. Lol. :) :D

Sammeth.
19-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Way to rally support Xarea ;l

Immenseman
20-09-2009, 01:34 AM
such a hard life.

Catzsy
20-09-2009, 09:47 AM
There are lots of complaints about commenting in the trading section - it really annoys quite a lot of regular members there so an announcement once in a while is pretty much needed and it takes a couple of seconds to click and read. Matt would only do it if it was really necessary.

e5
20-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Lets blame e5 for suggesting the idea ;)

Black_Apalachi
20-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I didn't get a forced announcement *left out* :'(

lick
20-09-2009, 04:18 PM
I didn't get a forced announcement *left out* :'(

was ages ago

joshuar
20-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I don't know if you have to read it everytime you go into the forum as I have those forums hidden. But if it's only 1 time then it's not much to ask? Couldn't forum management add a notice to that catergory that is always there when your in those forums? I'm sure you can set them to display by forums?

xxMATTGxx
20-09-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't know if you have to read it everytime you go into the forum as I have those forums hidden. But if it's only 1 time then it's not much to ask? Couldn't forum management add a notice to that catergory that is always there when your in those forums? I'm sure you can set them to display by forums?

You only have to view it once and then that's it. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!