PDA

View Full Version : [PS2] Mafia, True Crime NYC & Getaway Black Monday

Wayne
22-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Has anybody been on these? I'm looking for an alternative GTA game. One that you can preferably go in shops and buy stuff, or go and get your hair cut, free roam, get tattoos and stuff, kind of like Saints Row / GTA SA.

+rep.

Jord
22-09-2009, 09:12 AM
All of these are epic games

I'd say get getaway first there the best :)

EDIT: Forgot to add you can go into shops in any of these games and like buy guns,

Wayne
22-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks Jord. :P Anyone else been on them?

Jord
22-09-2009, 11:50 AM
All of these are epic games

I'd say get getaway first there the best :)

EDIT: Forgot to add you can go into shops in any of these games and like buy guns,

Woops!

I ment to say "Cant" Rather than can

you cant go into shops I ment :(

Wayne
22-09-2009, 01:32 PM
You can't go into shops on any of them? Can't you buy stuff then on any of them?

Fez
22-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Saints Row 2.

What GTA IV should've been (said that three times today)

Jord
22-09-2009, 07:59 PM
You can't go into shops on any of them? Can't you buy stuff then on any of them?

Nope all 3 of them games focus on missions rather than free roaming like gta, saints row etc

Wayne
23-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks Jord. @ Apeel, I completed Saints Row 2 a few months back, thanks anyway.

TC: NYC
Also they are allowed into several buildings like eateries, hotels and clothing shops. These include restaurants, hotels, apartment buildings, pharmacies, clothing shops, car dealers, dojos, record stores, and more. Besides shopping opportunities at some locations, the random street crimes found in the first game often occur within building interiors as well.

:O

Jord
23-09-2009, 09:17 AM
o.o

I had TC:NYC On ps2 I dont remember being able to walk into shops and stuff maybe steal cars but thats about it

Wayne
23-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I can get it for about £3 I think for PC so I'll just get it on PC. I did have the PS2 version for PS3 but it froze like crazy. Thanks again. :)

Kronics
23-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Get True Crime, that's what ive got and you can free roam anywhere in new york, go in to shops. It's really good, but your a copper. Plus you can buy good cars, get street and police upgrades.

It's my favourite game :)

Wayne
23-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Thank you. :)

Meanies
23-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Getaway black monday is great for freeroam and the mission side of things is good also :)
True Crime is also pretty good on both fronts and has lots of little things you can do on the side. And you can go into shops in this one to complete missions (and maybe buy things)

Wayne
23-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Nice one Jake, thanks. :)

Kronics
23-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Thank you. :)

Your welcome :) You wont be dissapointed ( I hope )

Jord
23-09-2009, 07:56 PM
True crime is fun because you can go up to a randomer and arrest them

Fez
23-09-2009, 08:25 PM
True crime is fun because you can go up to a randomer and arrest them
I loved just frisking EVERYONE, in True Crime LA, it was funny seeing my character grope old ladies and middle-aged men... god I'm sick.

Black_Apalachi
23-09-2009, 09:48 PM
I didn't play True Crime much, can't remember why.

Anyway, after completing the stories, I did free roam for a long time on Mafia and both of the Getaway games :8.

Mafia free roam allows you to select any car from your garage which you've unlocked in the story ( and there were LOADS) and then just drive around doing drive-bys or get out and walk and steal other cars etc etc. As you are originally a taxi driver, you can get a taxi, turn your speed limiter on and look for fares :D. The only negative point I had about free roam on this, was that there were no police. There were however black gang cars and also gangsters dressed in black walking around. If you crash into or shoot at these they will chase you and shoot you back.

Black Monday allowed you to choose a character from a few which you play as during the story. Each start with a different vehicle and there are also a collection of hidden vehicles (from a penny farthing to a Le Mans :P) to be found throughout the map. You can also save a car (and I think a bike?) at each of the four or five safe-houses you have across London. As far as I remember there were police on free roam who will pursuit if you break the law, as well as gang members who drive around in a couple of different cars (like Cavaliers and an old Rover I think). You can also play as the main character who is a police officer and I don't think the police will chase you.

I'm not sure if I'm cross-lining some stuff with the original Getaway, but I don't think there were hidden cars on that one and you could only play as the main character (who wasn't a police officer). The one thing that was better about the first game, was that you could use your indicators :D.

Although none of these really fit your description (I think San Andreas is your best bet for that), these were immense games. Can't wait for PS3/360 sequels!!

Wayne
23-09-2009, 10:25 PM
I didn't play True Crime much, can't remember why.

Anyway, after completing the stories, I did free roam for a long time on Mafia and both of the Getaway games :8.

Mafia free roam allows you to select any car from your garage which you've unlocked in the story ( and there were LOADS) and then just drive around doing drive-bys or get out and walk and steal other cars etc etc. As you are originally a taxi driver, you can get a taxi, turn your speed limiter on and look for fares :D. The only negative point I had about free roam on this, was that there were no police. There were however black gang cars and also gangsters dressed in black walking around. If you crash into or shoot at these they will chase you and shoot you back.

Black Monday allowed you to choose a character from a few which you play as during the story. Each start with a different vehicle and there are also a collection of hidden vehicles (from a penny farthing to a Le Mans :P) to be found throughout the map. You can also save a car (and I think a bike?) at each of the four or five safe-houses you have across London. As far as I remember there were police on free roam who will pursuit if you break the law, as well as gang members who drive around in a couple of different cars (like Cavaliers and an old Rover I think). You can also play as the main character who is a police officer and I don't think the police will chase you.

I'm not sure if I'm cross-lining some stuff with the original Getaway, but I don't think there were hidden cars on that one and you could only play as the main character (who wasn't a police officer). The one thing that was better about the first game, was that you could use your indicators :D.

Although none of these really fit your description (I think San Andreas is your best bet for that), these were immense games. Can't wait for PS3/360 sequels!!

Thanks a lot for this. :D

ItsDave
23-09-2009, 10:27 PM
I've played Getaway Black Monday and didn't like it tbh. Very difficult to get used to.

Edit:
I remember True Crime! It was amazingly brilliant, but get very repetitive, and is really easy because you can skip missions.

Wayne
23-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks Dave. :)

Frodo13.
23-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I used to love the Getaway games. Was well gutted when they cancelled Getaway 3 :(

Black_Apalachi
24-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Glad to help :).

I used to love the Getaway games. Was well gutted when they cancelled Getaway 3 :(

:O I didn't know there ever was one!!!!! :(

J0SH
24-09-2009, 04:48 AM
Mafia is an amazing game, so is Getaway, nothing suckish about being able to drive around London.

Wayne
24-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Lol, thanks mate.

Jord
24-09-2009, 01:47 PM
I loved just frisking EVERYONE, in True Crime LA, it was funny seeing my character grope old ladies and middle-aged men... god I'm sick.

Rofl!

i was like 9 when i got this game and I was like HAHAHA -punchs rnaodmer and arrests-

awelsh
30-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Getaway is a great game :)

No idea why the cancelled the 3rd though :( it would have beated GTA hands down.

There are hidden cars on Getaway 1 :) I remember finding afew of them, not too sure about Black Monday though, cant remember playing that really. However true crime is also good, so go for either of them :)

Wayne
01-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Cool, thanks. :)

Wayne
13-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Just ordered Mafia, True Crime NYC & Driver Parallel Lines. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!