PDA

View Full Version : Emm

dbgtz
22-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Wanna new game coz am bored. Any ideas? PS3/PSN, PS2, PS, GC (lol), DS, Wii. Basically anything from PS1+ except xboxs (and psp) lol.
The game doesn't have to be new it can be classics I just wanna buy one lolz.

ItsDave
22-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Hannah Montanna: The Movie, The Game.

THAT GAME IS SO GOOD! OMGZZZZZZORZ

Edit:
But no for fun? I'd say the PS2 had a few good'uns like Burnout series, and/or early GTA's, Tony Hawks Pro Skater used to be good.
For 360? Dead Rising is really fun and really cheap because its so old, along with the original Saints Row, personally better than #2 and there are some fun arcade games like Geometry Wars and Trials HD.

Just givin' you some ideas.

dbgtz
22-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I dont have any xbox lol.
Thinking of getting mgs1 again.

Neil
22-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Get an xbox then, that's where all the best games are.

dbgtz
22-09-2009, 06:54 PM
All 360 exclusives ive played sucked. Unless you mean the original not the 360.

Neil
22-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Obviously you need to play the good ones.

PGR4
Fable 2
Mass Effect
Forza 2
Tenchu Z
Left 4 Dead
Crackdown
Two Worlds
Amped 3
Halo Wars seems pretty decent
Saints Row
Too Human

There is more but those are the only ones I have played that I can think of, all of them have had a lot of my attention and they're all a lot better than the PS3 exclusives I've had so far, included in that are LBP and GT:P.

The live arcade also has countless titles that keep you busy for ages.

dbgtz
22-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Played PGR4, played Fable, played Halo wars, played saints row. Also L4D is on PC too so I'd just get it on that xD.
It is opinion but I'll give some matching ones as much as I know.

PGR4 - GT5 (soon pls lol)
Fable 2 - FF versus 13
Mass Effect - Dont know the game lol.
Forza 2 - Motor storm
Tenchu Z -?
Left 4 Dead - Dead nation even though its more of an arcade game so l4d probably murders it lol.
Crackdown - ?
Two Worlds - ?
Amped 3 - ?
Halo Wars seems pretty decent - I guess ps3 has no match but id just get Age of empires :D
Saints Row - LA noire (when it comes)
Too Human - ?

+
Resistance 1+2
Kz2 (could be better in terms of story + online, but looks awesome)
LBP + ton of dlc
Motorstorm future games
LA Noire
Agent
MGS4 (yes awesome)
Uncharted series (awesome too)
God of war III
SOCOM
MAG
The agency
Time crisis 4
DCU and FFIX online (console exclusive so on PC too).
Afrika (not in europe though)
Heavy rain
Warhawk
Ratchet and clank series

And ps3 has alot of online games too just the europe one lacks ;l.

You have to get uncharted 2 and MGS4 if you havnt got them then.

Neil
22-09-2009, 09:34 PM
PGR4 - GT5 (soon pls lol) - No, PGR4 is an arcade style game, the PS3 has nothing to match it.
Fable 2 - FF versus 13 - I hate FF games and I'm pretty sure that one is some sort of beat 'em up or something? Fable 2 is a hack n slash really.
Mass Effect - Dont know the game lol. - Hmm.. It's an RPG shooter, really good, can't really think of a PS3 equal.
Forza 2 - Motor storm - No, just.. No, if anything GT5 but that isn't out yet and Forza 3 will kill it.
Tenchu Z -?
Left 4 Dead - Dead nation even though its more of an arcade game so l4d probably murders it lol. - The 360 also has Dead Rising which I forgot to mention.
Crackdown - ? - Amazing game, like GTA but more fun.
Two Worlds - ? - Another RPG, very good but poorly rated.
Amped 3 - ? - Snowboarding game, don't know how it compares to Shaun White but I like it, you get paragliders.
Halo Wars seems pretty decent - I guess ps3 has no match but id just get Age of empires :D
Saints Row - LA noire (when it comes) - La Noire isn't out and I agree it looks good but it'll be nothing on Saints Row, GTA4 maybe but not Saints Row.
Too Human - ? -Another RPG.

If you look at that list of yours, take away all the games that have not been released on the PS3 yet and you have this

Resistance 1+2
LBP + ton of dlc
Motorstorm 1&2
MGS4
Uncharted 1
SOCOM
Time crisis 4
Warhawk
Ratchet and clank & the pirate one

Not a very promising list since most of them have something equal or better, problem is PS3 boasts alot of decent looking games but Sony were in such a rush to get the console out it didn't release with any real major titles and it's still lacking the main games from the Playstation franchises.

Also, I hate Uncharted and MGS games, both of them are just too boring for my liking, though "The Agency" sounds like a pretty good game.

Black_Apalachi
22-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2.

End of thread.

dbgtz
23-09-2009, 03:56 PM
PGR4 - GT5 (soon pls lol) - No, PGR4 is an arcade style game, the PS3 has nothing to match it.
Fable 2 - FF versus 13 - I hate FF games and I'm pretty sure that one is some sort of beat 'em up or something? Fable 2 is a hack n slash really.
Mass Effect - Dont know the game lol. - Hmm.. It's an RPG shooter, really good, can't really think of a PS3 equal.
Forza 2 - Motor storm - No, just.. No, if anything GT5 but that isn't out yet and Forza 3 will kill it.
Tenchu Z -?
Left 4 Dead - Dead nation even though its more of an arcade game so l4d probably murders it lol. - The 360 also has Dead Rising which I forgot to mention.
Amped 3 - ? - Snowboarding game, don't know how it compares to Shaun White but I like it, you get paragliders.
Saints Row - LA noire (when it comes) - La Noire isn't out and I agree it looks good but it'll be nothing on Saints Row, GTA4 maybe but not Saints Row.

If you look at that list of yours, take away all the games that have not been released on the PS3 yet and you have this

Resistance 1+2
LBP + ton of dlc
Motorstorm 1&2
MGS4
Uncharted 1
SOCOM
Time crisis 4
Warhawk

Not a very promising list since most of them have something equal or better, problem is PS3 boasts alot of decent looking games but Sony were in such a rush to get the console out it didn't release with any real major titles and it's still lacking the main games from the Playstation franchises.

Also, I hate Uncharted and MGS games, both of them are just too boring for my liking, though "The Agency" sounds like a pretty good game.

Alot of what you tried to urr "fight back" with is just opinions really. Personally I prefer SR2 to 1. Yer I have played 1. I also think with MGS4 you really needed to play 1+2 in order to get it. I played 1 so I somewhat get it but I hardly remember 2.

But GT5 is probably the best realistic styled racing game there will be and loads of people will probably agree.
And the ones you cant match and beat are probably rated higher then most (or all) of 360s on average. Obviously some game sites will rate mgs4 higher then halo and vice versa (just an example).

Also I didnt know if dead nation was ps3 exclusives and i couldnt be bothered to look so pfft.

And a bit of a fanboy moment in response to the PS3 problem; The xbox 360s problem is it fails alot more.

Anyway I want game suggestions not arguing lol.

Fez
23-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Tenchu Z -?

Resistance 1+2
LBP + ton of dlc
Motorstorm 1&2
MGS4
Uncharted 1
SOCOM
Time crisis 4
Warhawk

How is Uncharted boring? It's basically Gears of War + Tomb Raider

Mass Effect has an equal, Folklore. It's basically Mass Effect minus the entire Sci-Fi aspect.

I lol'd at Forza 3 killing GT5. Both games are virtually identical in my eyes, and don't say "but the visuals are better" because I'm sick and tired of that argument."

Dead Rising 2 is headed to the PS3 :)

Tenchu Z... ummm I couldn't care less though.

After this they're all just multiplats or sequels coming to the PS3 (Two Worlds Two is coming :D )

"Still lacking the main franchises." Like what?

Dragorn
23-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Ye i reccomend getting a 360, best for fps. PS3 is only goood for role playing in my opinion, Xbox 360 is winning PS3 at the moment unless they can release something better but i daught they will.

ItsDave
23-09-2009, 06:58 PM
You cant compare Forza Motorsport with Motorstorm, Forza's a completely different game in terms of racing and is very good.

Neil
23-09-2009, 07:21 PM
How is Uncharted boring? It's basically Gears of War + Tomb Raider

Mass Effect has an equal, Folklore. It's basically Mass Effect minus the entire Sci-Fi aspect.

I lol'd at Forza 3 killing GT5. Both games are virtually identical in my eyes, and don't say "but the visuals are better" because I'm sick and tired of that argument."

Dead Rising 2 is headed to the PS3 :)

Tenchu Z... ummm I couldn't care less though.

After this they're all just multiplats or sequels coming to the PS3 (Two Worlds Two is coming :D )

"Still lacking the main franchises." Like what?

I hate Gears of War and I especially hate Tomb Raider, two of the worst franchises for me so even more reason to dislike that game. xD

Forza 3 will be all over GT5 to be honest, I really like GT5:P but even Forza 2 is better than that, Forza 3 will probably be better as racing games generally don't get worse so I can't imagine GT5 really stands a chance.

But Dead Rising 1 is currently only on the xbox and I believe Wii, Dead Rising 2 is not Dead Rising 1.

Never played Folklore, wasn't interested.

The PS3 is lacking GoW, GT5, it really needs a Jak and Daxter on it, the only returning franchises they have so far are Rachet and Clank and a demo of GT5, MGS4 and I think there is another but I can't quite put my finger on what..

Edit - PS3 isn't better for role-playing, the xbox RPGs are better from what I've played though I'm sure there are a few PS3 ones I have to play still, the PS3 really only has the exclusives going for it as most multiplatform games are ported from the xbox now.

dbgtz
23-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Sorry but I can guarantee GT5 will be rated higher then forzas.
Most of ps3s franchises are new and I agree, new jak and daxter :D
Killzone has come back too, you might be thinking of that.

Neil
23-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry but I can guarantee GT5 will be rated higher then forzas.
Most of ps3s franchises are new and I agree, new jak and daxter :D
Killzone has come back too, you might be thinking of that.

Yea that was probably it, and we'll see, as good as GT:P is I just can't see it being as much as Forza 3, every forza game is good so far, GT... Not so much.

I like new franchises but the problem is you make a new franchise it HAS to be good, or like me you'll play it and it just pushes you away from the console, LBP was alright but just boring fast, same with GT:P, Resistance 1 and 2, Heavenly Sword, inFamous and there was another my uncle has but I don't remember what.

Fez
23-09-2009, 07:54 PM
I hate Gears of War and I especially hate Tomb Raider, two of the worst franchises for me so even more reason to dislike that game. xD

Forza 3 will be all over GT5 to be honest, I really like GT5:P but even Forza 2 is better than that, Forza 3 will probably be better as racing games generally don't get worse so I can't imagine GT5 really stands a chance.

But Dead Rising 1 is currently only on the xbox and I believe Wii, Dead Rising 2 is not Dead Rising 1.

Never played Folklore, wasn't interested.

The PS3 is lacking GoW, GT5, it really needs a Jak and Daxter on it, the only returning franchises they have so far are Rachet and Clank and a demo of GT5, MGS4 and I think there is another but I can't quite put my finger on what..

Edit - PS3 isn't better for role-playing, the xbox RPGs are better from what I've played though I'm sure there are a few PS3 ones I have to play still, the PS3 really only has the exclusives going for it as most multiplatform games are ported from the xbox now.

Jak and Dax, somehow, have a game coming out on PS2 in November. Released only in North America and I'm baffled why.

GT5 argument isn't really valid seeing how it's obvious it'll get pushed back and sell a bazillion copies. I'm not that interested in racing games in general so I don't care. I prefer Motorstorm, something fun and silly.

GOWIII and GT5 are being released, I don't see what's the problem with that. We have every trademark Playstation character.

Strangely enough, most console games are ported directly from the PC version. They push back the PC release to stop the pirates (yarrr) and to give time for the 'superior' PC race to make a new community.

Ohyeah and Mass Effect > Folklore. You have better RPGs but we don't care :P.

Neil
23-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Jak and Dax, somehow, have a game coming out on PS2 in November. Released only in North America and I'm baffled why.

Strangely enough, most console games are ported directly from the PC version. They push back the PC release to stop the pirates (yarrr) and to give time for the 'superior' PC race to make a new community.

Ohyeah and Mass Effect > Folklore. You have better RPGs but we don't care :P.

That doesn't even make any sense. :S

And only games that are on the PC, 360 and PS3 get ported like that, the console only set are made for 360 ported to PS3, yet to play a PS3 port that's better than the 360 counter-part (Bioshock doesn't count as it was worked on before release).

To be honest with games like MAG PS3 fans have nothing to complain about, the selection may not be as big or as good on the PS3 as the 360 but the 360 will be lacking games like MAG, and "The Agency" looks quite good, I'd like to say LA Noire but there seems to still be confusion on whether that's exclusive or not.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!