PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Citys spending wont run up debt

lBlue
22-09-2009, 04:57 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/17/manchester-city-abu-dhabi-takeover

As I've been saying to every United fan who said to me "Yer but where will you be when your curry maker is gone, you'll be left with all that debt" and other racist remarks (some even on here).

They didn't believe me when I told them it was paid by the Sheikh himself and I doubt they will now however here it is.

Comments from a few days ago. All paid off including the wages from Sheikh Mansour, the very man himself. What a generous offer.

Browney
22-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I'd be well pissed off if I was his best mate and for my birthday he only got me a card with a fiver in it. :@

BoomItsClowgon
22-09-2009, 06:10 PM
It won't last though, even though he's stinking rich... (I mean as probably a few more years at the Club and he will sell it)

It was a Project to attract Football over there...

Flamedragon3
22-09-2009, 06:16 PM
It won't last though, even though he's stinking rich... (I mean as probably a few more years at the Club and he will sell it)

You clearly haven't took business or economics. Sheikh Mansour is an entrepreneur (like Dragon's Den but richer than all of the dragons put together). He's invested in City, and he will be looking to keep us for as long as he lives. Like every business, to get it up and running and to make a huge success early on, you ahve to make bank loans, but he has the money to pay upfront himself.

Therefore, all the profits go striaght to him giving him a bigger profit with the club, and he will keep the club as long as we stay sucessful and give him more and more money and a bigger popularity.

BoomItsClowgon
22-09-2009, 06:39 PM
You clearly haven't took business or economics. Sheikh Mansour is an entrepreneur (like Dragon's Den but richer than all of the dragons put together). He's invested in City, and he will be looking to keep us for as long as he lives. Like every business, to get it up and running and to make a huge success early on, you ahve to make bank loans, but he has the money to pay upfront himself.

Therefore, all the profits go striaght to him giving him a bigger profit with the club, and he will keep the club as long as we stay sucessful and give him more and more money and a bigger popularity.

Yes, i have no Knowledge in business or economics! I doubt you have any what so ever. ;)

This is a project, a business project, i can't remember where i got this from Sky Sports news or CNN, anyway but i can recall him saying one of reasons he bought City was to attract football over in Dubai. (Asia)

But he's throwing his "lose change" at the Club and he can afford to do so.

However Rich someone can be... if your involved in a project and you are putting huge amounts of money into the project and your not seeing a return, a decent return then i doubt anyone would still bother with the project, no matter how rich you are. :)

But you say, "as long as we stay successful"

Well mate, Manchester City's trophy cabinet contains nothing more than a dusty replica of the League Cup trophy which they won in 1976.

So success is yet to be proven on the pitch.

It would be embarrassing if you didn't win the europa Leauge this year.

lBlue
22-09-2009, 07:10 PM

How do you know it wont last? And it's not to promote football over in Abu Dhabi it's to promote Abu Dhabi itself to attract more tourism and compete with Dubai. And how do you know it wont last? Or are you making it up? We have more evidence to say they're going to stick around for years to come than you do.

Yes, i have no Knowledge in business or economics! I doubt you have any what so ever. ;)

This is a project, a business project, i can't remember where i got this from Sky Sports news or CNN, anyway but i can recall him saying one of reasons he bought City was to attract football over in Dubai. (Asia)

However Rich someone can be... if your involved in a project and you are putting huge amounts of money into the project and your not seeing a return, a decent return then i doubt anyone would still bother with the project, no matter how rich you are. :)

Well mate, Manchester City's trophy cabinet contains nothing more than a dusty replica of the League Cup trophy which they won in 1976.

They brought us to promote Abu Dhabi to compete with Dubai.

Flamedragon3
22-09-2009, 07:12 PM

Well if I recieved a double A in Business, and I am taking Business and Economics in A level, with the intention of taking economics in University, I think that clearly shows I have some knowledge on business and economics. ;)

You said 'one' of his reasons was to make it in his country, yes that is as you said 'one' reason, stating there are many other reasons for his takeover.

If you haven't noticed, Sheikh Mansour had the choice of any team in the world to takeover and make a big club. To narrow down the perfect team to takeover, it would be best for him to find a club in the toughest league in the world, which at this moment in time is the Premier League. He would then want to choose a club with no recent history of success, and a club that could easily be recognised by the world in an instant. Having the word 'Manchester' in the clubs name, would almost instantly tell anyone that we are rivals with one of the worlds most succesful clubs in the world, Manchester United.

We're not in the Europa League this season, and the first Europa League trophy can only be won next year in May, so how we have any chance of winning it this year is beyond me? :S

Browney
22-09-2009, 07:27 PM
You clearly haven't took business or economics.

Lad, business at school doesn't mean piss all. Even I got an A and I'm a dense lad. :D

Having the word 'Manchester' in the clubs name, would almost instantly tell anyone that we are rivals with one of the worlds most succesful clubs in the world, Manchester United.

Yeah but I don't get why The Sheikh decided to go into competition within miles of arguably the biggest club in the world. Surely a club like Villa, in a densely populated area, surrounded by no bigger club and having little success would be a better option? But nevermind, the Sheikh is the Sheikh for a reason... He was born into it.

CHA!NGANG
22-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Well if I recieved a double A in Business, and I am taking Business and Economics in A level, with the intention of taking economics in University, I think that clearly shows I have some knowledge on business and economics. ;)

You said 'one' of his reasons was to make it in his country, yes that is as you said 'one' reason, stating there are many other reasons for his takeover.

If you haven't noticed, Sheikh Mansour had the choice of any team in the world to takeover and make a big club. To narrow down the perfect team to takeover, it would be best for him to find a club in the toughest league in the world, which at this moment in time is the Premier League. He would then want to choose a club with no recent history of success, and a club that could easily be recognised by the world in an instant. Having the word 'Manchester' in the clubs name, would almost instantly tell anyone that we are rivals with one of the worlds most succesful clubs in the world, Manchester United.

We're not in the Europa League this season, and the first Europa League trophy can only be won next year in May, so how we have any chance of winning it this year is beyond me? :S

I swear you can only take Bussiness or Economics at A Level :S Unless your schools different. Anyway, yeah he won't leave soon, but he won't own the club for the rest of his life. Probably leave in 10 years time or so. Dragon's right in the sence that he won't leave soon as he needs to recover his investment, which is a lot and that can only be done over a period of time, unless he isn't too bothered with the money and just wants to do something new, in that case he wouldn't be a very good businessman but it's proven that he is so I'm guessing that he will be staying if that makes sence. Oh and Yeaa I know what I'm talking about business wise as I did it for AS and got an A :P

lBlue
22-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Lad, business at school doesn't mean piss all. Even I got an A and I'm a dense lad. :D

Yeah but I don't get why The Sheikh decided to go into competition within miles of arguably the biggest club in the world. Surely a club like Villa, in a densely populated area, surrounded by no bigger club and having little success would be a better option? But nevermind, the Sheikh is the Sheikh for a reason... He was born into it.
It's got nothing to do with the word "Manchester". We're making our own reputation not living off someone elses.

We've got a good fanbase.
We've got a good ground.
We had a alright training ground/facilities.

Browney
22-09-2009, 07:36 PM
It's got nothing to do with the word "Manchester". We're making our own reputation not living off someone elses.

We've got a good fanbase.
We've got a good ground.
We had a alright training ground/facilities.

If the Sheikh can afford 25 million on Lescott or whatever it is, he can afford to buy Fulham, build them a new stadium and training ground and then with success comes a fanbase, such as United.

Flamedragon3
22-09-2009, 07:37 PM

But taking business means I have more of an idea of what he will be looking to do with out club, rather than someone saying 'hes buying you players for millions, then leaving you' which doesn't make sense if you know business well. The thing is like I said, Manchester City is in the shadow of Manchester United so for us to overcome them will make us more popular and perhaps (I would like to think) more preferrable for knocking United out the way. Whereas Aston Villa doesn't appeal to many in the world, as they don't know any other club that could be rivals with them.

I swear you can only take Bussiness or Economics at A Level :S Unless your schools different. Anyway, yeah he won't leave soon, but he won't own the club for the rest of his life. Probably leave in 10 years time or so. Dragon's right in the sence that he won't leave soon as he needs to recover his investment, which is a lot and that can only be done over a period of time, unless he isn't too bothered with the money and just wants to do something new, in that case he wouldn't be a very good businessman but it's proven that he is so I'm guessing that he will be staying if that makes sence. Oh and Yeaa I know what I'm talking about business wise as I did it for AS and got an A :P
I was lucky I guess, because my dad could only take economics at A level when he wanted both. My school though has business for inside the school only, whereas economics is in a different options block which allows other schools to travel to ours to study it, if you get me? lol

lBlue
22-09-2009, 07:41 PM
If the Sheikh can afford 25 million on Lescott or whatever it is, he can afford to buy Fulham, build them a new stadium and training ground and then with success comes a fanbase, such as United.
Whats the point in waiting for it to come/be built when one is already here?

Black_Apalachi
22-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Is the point here that due to the Sheikh, City basically have the money to buy whoever they want in the world that is for sale and thus have no excuse to not win competitions? :P

Browney
22-09-2009, 07:46 PM
But taking business means I have more of an idea of what he will be looking to do with out club, rather than someone saying 'hes buying you players for millions, then leaving you' which doesn't make sense if you know business well. The thing is like I said, Manchester City is in the shadow of Manchester United so for us to overcome them will make us more popular and perhaps (I would like to think) more preferrable for knocking United out the way. Whereas Aston Villa doesn't appeal to many in the world, as they don't know any other club that could be rivals with them.

I wouldn't say that's Business mate, just common sense. :P I just meant that your in the shadow of United and will be for a little while yet. 18 league titles, and 3 Champions league titles and you might start to make a name for yourself. ;) Nah I'm only kidding. But I would've said that'd be a strength for Villa. No competition in the area (sorry Stefan!), good academy, stadium and training ground. But like I said, who am I.

"Whats the point in waiting for it to come/be built when one is already here?"

I'm just saying, money obviously isn't an issue for him, and neither is time if your article and evidence is to be believed. He could turn Bradford city into England's best club if he wanted.

lBlue
22-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't say that's Business mate, just common sense. :P I just meant that your in the shadow of United and will be for a little while yet. 18 league titles, and 3 Champions league titles and you might start to make a name for yourself. ;) Nah I'm only kidding. But I would've said that'd be a strength for Villa. No competition in the area (sorry Stefan!), good academy, stadium and training ground. But like I said, who am I.

I'm just saying, money obviously isn't an issue for him, and neither is time if your article and evidence is to be believed. He could turn Bradford city into England's best club if he wanted.
You fail to see the point I'm making.

Browney
22-09-2009, 08:34 PM
And you mine. So let's leave it at that.

Flamedragon3
22-09-2009, 08:39 PM

So how far have QPR gone since their takeover? :rolleyes:

Jibbish
22-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Surely a club like Villa, in a densely populated area, surrounded by no bigger club and having little success would be a better option? But nevermind, the Sheikh is the Sheikh for a reason... He was born into it.
we're actually the 5th most sucsessive english club :D

Browney
22-09-2009, 09:05 PM
So how far have QPR gone since their takeover? :rolleyes:

I did say if the Sheikh wanted. Here's (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2008/12/times_of_change_at_qpr.html) an interesting article to read, regarding Flavio Briatore.

"Briatore has made it clear that with Rangers' limited capacity - the ground holds less than 20,000 - he wants it to become a boutique brand. What does this mean?

Inside the directors entrance is a very lush stand of designer clothes and trainers for sale. Prices aren't on display. The first time I saw it I wondered what it was. It oozes luxury. Perhaps this hints at the future."

Maybe you can answer him, Mr. GCSE?

we're actually the 5th most sucsessive english club :D

Yeah but you could be bigger. ;):D

StefanWolves
22-09-2009, 09:17 PM

I take Business, Economics, IT, and Maths.

Black_Apalachi
22-09-2009, 10:50 PM
This isn't the Education forum! I wouldn't mind discussing tonight's games??

Black_Apalachi
22-09-2009, 11:46 PM
I actually thought this was the CC thread when I posted above comment :eusa_doh:

adaym
23-09-2009, 10:00 AM
You can't buy experience, history and trophies. I thought Nottingham Forest would've put that sentence in your head last year. It's not all plain sailing Matthew, you should know that. It makes it easier but you're in for a long, long season.

lBlue
23-09-2009, 10:57 AM
You can't buy experience, history and trophies. I thought Nottingham Forest would've put that sentence in your head last year. It's not all plain sailing Matthew, you should know that. It makes it easier but you're in for a long, long season.
I know that however you can't ignore our positive start to the season. I'll see where we are come January and decide on where I think we'll finish. Can see a cup final this year though.

Anyway, owners now 100% shareholder.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2009/September/Sheikh-now-sole-owner

Flamedragon3
24-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I did say if the Sheikh wanted. Here's (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2008/12/times_of_change_at_qpr.html) an interesting article to read, regarding Flavio Briatore.

"Briatore has made it clear that with Rangers' limited capacity - the ground holds less than 20,000 - he wants it to become a boutique brand. What does this mean?

Inside the directors entrance is a very lush stand of designer clothes and trainers for sale. Prices aren't on display. The first time I saw it I wondered what it was. It oozes luxury. Perhaps this hints at the future."

Maybe you can answer him, Mr. GCSE?

Yeah but you could be bigger. ;):D
Mr GCSE? How immature, anyone could be called Mr GCSE as most people over 16 have GCSE's? :eusa_clap

Why would I want to answer him? And what questions is he asking me? You need to make yourself much clearer. You've now begun to bore me, with every single comment I make you have something bad to say against it as you seem to hate the club I support which is probably because of our fortune... Go concentrate more on your club than ours, surely Sunderland aren't that boring? :rolleyes:

Immenseman
24-09-2009, 04:30 PM
lmao at some of the first posts in this thread. people thinking they're one of the worlds most successful business man for getting an A in business :rolleyes: a subject which is hardly highly regarded.

anyway thnx for the news lBlue

Browney
24-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Mr GCSE? How immature, anyone could be called Mr GCSE as most people over 16 have GCSE's? :eusa_clap

Why would I want to answer him? And what questions is he asking me? You need to make yourself much clearer. You've now begun to bore me, with every single comment I make you have something bad to say against it as you seem to hate the club I support which is probably because of our fortune... Go concentrate more on your club than ours, surely Sunderland aren't that boring? :rolleyes:

Well, not everyone brags about their GCSEs bud. Well, he's confused as to what a boutique business means, and since you have such great grades I thought you could answer him. ;) You seem immature, throwing your GCSEs into an argument about sport. We are actually terribly boring, *cry.* No, if I think someone's wrong I'm going to correct them, man, woman or City fan.

lmao at some of the first posts in this thread. people thinking they're one of the worlds most successful business man for getting an A in business :rolleyes: a subject which is hardly highly regarded.

anyway thnx for the news lBlue

Init.

Flamedragon3
24-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Well, not everyone brags about their GCSEs bud. Well, he's confused as to what a boutique business means, and since you have such great grades I thought you could answer him. ;) You seem immature, throwing your GCSEs into an argument about sport. We are actually terribly boring, *cry.* No, if I think someone's wrong I'm going to correct them, man, woman or City fan.

Init.
How was I bragging? Someone (I think it was you) told me that I don't have much of an idea of business either. I replied saying how I've been studying it for the last 2 years and doing it another 2 years giving me more knowledge on the subject than others who haven't... I haven't got 'great grades' I have probably have average. Great grades is the person in my year who got 10A*'s and an A.

Immature is people who just continuously create arguments out of my posts. Naming... you?

Browney
25-09-2009, 08:53 AM

How was I bragging? Someone (I think it was you) told me that I don't have much of an idea of business either. I replied saying how I've been studying it for the last 2 years and doing it another 2 years giving me more knowledge on the subject than others who haven't... I haven't got 'great grades' I have probably have average. Great grades is the person in my year who got 10A*'s and an A.

Immature is people who just continuously create arguments out of my posts. Naming... you?

There's an easy way to stop it. Stop being wrong. :P Ok, I promise to leave you alone now. I could put you on ignore if you'd like..?

Cypher-
25-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Stop talking about business and economics like bores this is a football thread! City always were a decent team and now that they have the money they will probably do alright but then again I dont expect them to win much major trophies for the next few years, maybe the FA cup or whatnot. It's nice that the owner has paid off the money he has given in but remember that if his returns arent met then there will be certain amounts of debt.

Unless they are football lover's it wont work in the longterm and when I say longterm I mean ten years or so, I still cant understand the fuss around Man City since I dont support them but its not going to make them a superpower in football because a couple of hundred million is invested in them.

Flamedragon3
25-09-2009, 03:36 PM
There's an easy way to stop it. Stop being wrong. :P Ok, I promise to leave you alone now. I could put you on ignore if you'd like..?
And your never wrong? :P An easier way is to concentrate on your 'boring club' and less on ours? :rolleyes:

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not post to cause arguments.

Browney
26-09-2009, 09:21 AM
And your never wrong? :P An easier way is to concentrate on your 'boring club' and less on ours? :rolleyes:

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not post to cause arguments.

To be fair, I admitted myself it was a "boring club."

Flamedragon3
26-09-2009, 01:16 PM
To be fair, I admitted myself it was a "boring club."
Exactly the reason why I put speech marks on it when I posted? :rolleyes:

iAdam
26-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Seriously now guys, just stop arguing. It isn't even funny anymore.

Immenseman
26-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Oh my good God, a thread that had has 2 replies in the last 24 hours, clearly forgotten about gets posted in by a super moderator making it back to the top of the forum, what on earth...

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not post pointlessly.

Browney
27-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Exactly the reason why I put speech marks on it when I posted? :rolleyes:

Seriously now guys, just stop arguing. It isn't even funny anymore.

I was making friends! Dragon, I was talking to the mod, clearly the mod thought you were trying to start an argument so I just thought I'd clear up for the mod that I myself had called my club boring. I was defending you and I was trying to be friendly but I just got snapped at. :'(

Flamedragon3
27-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I was making friends! Dragon, I was talking to the mod, clearly the mod thought you were trying to start an argument so I just thought I'd clear up for the mod that I myself had called my club boring. I was defending you and I was trying to be friendly but I just got snapped at. :'(
Sorry I haven't been in a good mood this week and it isn't to do with this forum lol. Although it has partly annoyed me with us being restricted to 'mild banter' which is now banter so everything seems to be back to normal again lol. Once again, sorry.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!