PDA

View Full Version : Calais Immigrant Squatter 'Jungle' Bulldozed

StefanWolves
22-09-2009, 05:38 PM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Calais-Immigrant-Jungle-Bulldozed-French-Police-Dismantle-Camp/Article/200909315385790?lpos=World_News_First_World_News_A rticle_Teaser_Region_0

Police have bulldozed a notorious immigrant squatter camp near Calais - detaining hundreds who hoped to slip across the English Channel into Britain. France's immigration Minister Eric Besson, who visited the site known as "the Jungle", called it a "base camp for human traffickers". He said he would return the rule of law to the northern French coast, adding: "The law of the jungle cannot last eternally." The people who camped here - mainly immigrants from Afghanistan - have strained relations between the UK and France and become a symbol of Europe's struggle with illegal immigration.

Bout time the French did something about the immigrants getting into Britain through the tunnel, combined with the 'stricter' boarder control policy in the UK, could maybe see less immigrants getting in? thoughts? :)

Ardemax
22-09-2009, 06:29 PM
it's good i suppose, but for some reason i feel sad about the immigrants, some of them are kids

UKIP
22-09-2009, 06:34 PM
I wonder what the chances are of the United Kingdom accepting, or being forced to accept (by the European Union) all these people - very high in my book. If any other country was told by the European Union to accept all of these people, that country would tell the EU to go and stick it, but not the United Kingdom!.

lick
22-09-2009, 06:36 PM
I wonder what the chances are of the United Kingdom accepting, or being forced to accept (by the European Union) all these people - very high in my book. If any other country was told by the European Union to accept all of these people, that country would tell the EU to go and stick it, but not the United Kingdom!.

dw the Irish government welcomes them with open arms. (the people don't :P)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!