PDA

View Full Version : do you think the originals are better

samantha421
22-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Basically, there are a lot of games.

Sims, GTA, Fifa, PES
But are the originals better??

Sims I honestly think have gone downhill, I hate simes 2 because you move with the sim. Yes you can push select and move with free will but I still dislike it.

Grand Theft Auto, I love san andreas, dont like vice city but I also dont like the new ones. I dont like the new ones because YOU cant do what you want like on vice city and San andreas, on the stories ones, you HAVE to meet with people and complete the story.

Fifa, I dont really know because all I have is fifa 09 because I love football games. I suppose the graphics are much better nowadasy.

Pes!!! Oh my god PES4 is like the greatest football game made!! and Fifa 06 for the ds. I understand them and I know there are better ones now but I just love them. I dont like PES2 because of the graphics they are quite rubbish.

I just wanted to here your thoughts on games!
E.g COD , i dont own this game(s) so i wouldnt know how it has improved or not.

JACP
22-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Aww CoD I've played 1,2,3 and world at war and I think the best is CoD 2 i cant forget about the Big Red One storyline. i didnt finish world at war as i didnt like it storyline :( anyway the online mode is great i think originals games from CoD are a bit better.

About Fifa the game i've played fifa 1998 (road to world cup), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006,2007,2007 and 2009. the one i played most is fifa 1998 i just loved that you can play with vanatu or cook island and bring them to the world cup final :rolleyes: but the one i liked most was fifa 2006 i just loved the 2006 manager mode. the worst for me is 2004. new gen graphics really do a lot to say originals arent better in this case.

Another game i play is pro cycling manager, ive played pcm 2006,2007,2008 and 2009 and i have to say new 2009 is just great, the only problem with it is that it crashes a lot, 2006 was good and i liked the graphics by those days, but not now with pcm 2009 :P original not better

Then there is mario party :P i had mario party 1,2,3 for n64 4,5 for ngc and 8 for wii. I think the mario party 2 was the best but i liked 1 and 3 as well, i think buying it for ngc was an error as it came boring. originals are a lot better.

I beleive original games are beter only when they dont improve during the years or when you just play the same in different places (see CoD or mario party), but when it cames when new features like fifa or pcm is doing last years.

PD: sims 3 are a lot better (I loved sims 1 but not sims 2)

dbgtz
22-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I think usually the 1st is the best but the odd thing can be different. Like shrek, I prefer the 2nd movie to the 1st. The sims I prefer the 2nd but the 3rd is just not greatly though of.

COD my fave is 4 atm but will be mw2.

However in resistance I prefer 1 to 2 for some reason. 2 looks nicer though but the story is a bit OTT.

I think it depends really how much the game advances for me. If its practically the same as the last one then the first one is better but if you changes dramatically (like cod4 with perks) then people will like that. That could be a reason why more people like cod4 then codwaw.

Stitch
22-09-2009, 09:30 PM
I prefer GH1&2 over GH3 onwards and I prefer CoD1&2 over CoD3 onwards. Can't think of anymore at the moment.

Callum.
22-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Gears of War over Gears of War 2 :D

Kardan
22-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Spyro 2 was better than 1, 3 and all the rest...
Crash Bandicoot 2 was better than 1, 3 and all the rest...
Guitar Hero 2 was better than 1, 3 and all the rest... Although Guitar Hero 5 will probably take that away from it...
Rock Band 2 is better than Rock Band 1.
Call of Duty 4 is better than 1, 2, 3 and the other crap one :P
Sonic 2 was better than 1, 3 and all the rest...

The only major game series that I've played pretty much throughout and has impressed me constantly is Mario. Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy - all amazingly great games. Can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Black_Apalachi
22-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Spyro 2 was better than 1, 3 and all the rest...
Crash Bandicoot 2 was better than 1, 3 and all the rest...
Guitar Hero 2 was better than 1, 3 and all the rest... Although Guitar Hero 5 will probably take that away from it...
Rock Band 2 is better than Rock Band 1.
Call of Duty 4 is better than 1, 2, 3 and the other crap one :P
Sonic 2 was better than 1, 3 and all the rest...

The only major game series that I've played pretty much throughout and has impressed me constantly is Mario. Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy - all amazingly great games. Can't wait for Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I probably agree with most of that :). If I'm honest, I can't remember each individual game but still...

I'mma let you finish, but Mario 64 was one of the best games of all time (:P) and Galaxy was pretty good. I didn't like Sunshine as much though.
I think I only played Spyro: Year of the Dragon (whichever that was) and thought it was immense so I doubt the others would beat it.
I think it was Crash 3 where you unlocked the various powers? I thought that was great. Can't remember the difference between 1 and 2 though, but then again I loved all the Crash games.
The guitar from World Tour + the Guitar Hero II game is the best combo there :D.

As for GTA; the first was absolutely amazing back in the day, but I couldn't compare it to the modern style since GTA III. They've all had their good points and it's hard to pick a favourite really. All I know is the side-games like Liberty City Stories were ****.
Gran Turismo 3 is better than 1, 2 and later ones. Not sure what's out on 360/PS3 though.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is the best of the whole series by far (the only one I haven't played is HP1, oh and I'm not including the V-Rally titles when I say that).
The original Driver is a classic but I really liked the others when they came out too. Parallel Lines was really good.
The first Stuntman is miles better than how the demo made Stuntman 2 look.

Overall I like to think originals are the best but it's quite often not the case.

MrPinkPanther
24-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Usually yes but Super Mario Galaxy > Super Mario Bros and MGS2 > MGS.

ItsDave
24-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Grand Theft Auto, I love san andreas, dont like vice city but I also dont like the new ones. I dont like the new ones because YOU cant do what you want like on vice city and San andreas, on the stories ones, you HAVE to meet with people and complete the story.

PSP Games suck anyway, but I owned a PSP for like a year and only had Liberty City Stories and felt just like GTA III, just without the awkward controls tbh, what do you mean?

Simmzay
24-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I preferred GTA1 and GTA2 to the 3D ones although I'm still a fan of the 3D ones.

Black_Apalachi
27-09-2009, 02:46 AM
PSP Games suck anyway, but I owned a PSP for like a year and only had Liberty City Stories and felt just like GTA III, just without the awkward controls tbh, what do you mean?

I had that on PS2 (for some reason). It was like a really poor version of GTA III. When you drove fast it was disgusting :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!