PDA

View Full Version : Two sound cards?

awelsh
23-09-2009, 11:12 AM
I was wondering, is it possible to have two sound cards in one PC both running at the same time. Reason for this would be to have two sets of speakers plugged into a different sound card at the same time to make some sort of surround sound type thing.

I have no idea how this would work though, and if not I suppose I can just buy a splitter and plug them both into the one sound card anyway.

Thanks

DJ-Ains.T
23-09-2009, 11:14 AM
If you've got 2 sound card plugs thingys, give it a try?

Stephen!
23-09-2009, 11:16 AM
You can have two sound cards installed and working, but you will only be able to get one of them to output at one time.

Colin-Roberts
23-09-2009, 11:20 AM
for your idea wouldnt a 5.1 sound card work anyway.. or you a card which you can change what each input / output does.

awelsh
23-09-2009, 11:22 AM
If you've got 2 sound card plugs thingys, give it a try?

Rather have a reply before opening the PC up again, it gets annoying :P

You can have two sound cards installed and working, but you will only be able to get one of them to output at one time.

Ok, thanks, looks like ill just get a splitter then :)

Oh btw guys, I still have problems with the GFX card :( the drivers always have a problem and reset the card. Its a PowerColor HD 2400 (ATI Radeon Graphics) AGP model, 512MB, GDDR2 64-BIT

Tomm
23-09-2009, 10:08 PM
If you want surround sound then get a card that can support it.

N!ck
24-09-2009, 11:25 AM

This.

Multiple sound cards allow you to have completely separate audio outputs going at the same time.

awelsh
24-09-2009, 06:30 PM

I dont have actual surround sound speakers, just two different sets :)

This.

Multiple sound cards allow you to have completely separate audio outputs going at the same time.

Thanks.

Ive bought a splitter anyway, I know it wont be surround sound, but I only really wanted it to have multiple speakers playing the same things at once :)

Thanks all.

N!ck
24-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Well you could have bought a surround card and plugged one set in the green for the fronts and one in the black for the rears. Then set it to 4 channel quadraphonic.

awelsh
24-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Well you could have bought a surround card and plugged one set in the green for the fronts and one in the black for the rears. Then set it to 4 channel quadraphonic.

Dind't think about that :P

Ill just try the splitter for now, and if it has rubbish connections ill get a surround sound card from ebuyer because theyre under £15 anyway :)

Thanks

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!