PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 6 vs MW2?

Black_Apalachi
24-09-2009, 11:46 PM
To tell you the truth, I hadn't even heard of Tekken 6 until I saw this (nor have I played anything after 2 or 3), and I would have assumed MW2 was the obvious answer.

But anyway I find this video of some dude ranting on about Tekken pretty funny... 3:42 made me lol because I was waiting for it from the start and I love how he says, 'why has everybody already forgotten about Resident Evil FIIVEEE?' :P

Warning: Video contains some strong language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tym7j5xS-0A&feature=player_embedded

kk.
25-09-2009, 12:00 AM
I knew tekken was coming out but afaik, it hasn't had that much hype, or at least not as much as mw2. He factors in the psp, but tbh, how many units will actually sell on the psp, I mean, I thought they didn't sell many at all? He also didn't factor in pc sales, where there is a massive community for COD on steam etc.

Black_Apalachi
25-09-2009, 02:04 AM
Oh yeah of course, CoD is on PC isn't it. Is Tekken? He sounds as if he has shares in whoever develops Tekken though lol.

Is Tekken still the arcade style 2D kind of fighting thingie like it was? I don't see where it could have gone with 6 bloody games!

kk.
25-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Na, not 2d anymore. Have a search on YouTube for a video. As for whether tekken is on pc, I'm not sure, buy I don't think so

J0SH
25-09-2009, 08:26 AM
I preffer a shooter to fighters tbh.

Oleh
25-09-2009, 05:51 PM
tekken 6 hasnt got so much hype cos hype = dissapointment

Middlesbrough
25-09-2009, 09:46 PM
He is a tekken fatboy, sorry fanboy.

ItsDave
25-09-2009, 10:21 PM
tbh, i dont bother with arcade style fighting games. "omgz, 2 people fighting on a moving object with a very beautiful background!!?!". you either have to get really lucky with bosses and the fights are just button smashing suck fests so tbh, I hate tekken. The only thing they're good for are the Japanese women who wear very revealing-clothing, apart from that I dont see how they make money, all they do is improved graphics and character design//looks.

BAM in a nutshell.

Black_Apalachi
27-09-2009, 03:05 AM
tbh, i dont bother with arcade style fighting games. "omgz, 2 people fighting on a moving object with a very beautiful background!!?!". you either have to get really lucky with bosses and the fights are just button smashing suck fests so tbh, I hate tekken. The only thing they're good for are the Japanese women who wear very revealing-clothing, apart from that I dont see how they make money, all they do is improved graphics and character design//looks.

BAM in a nutshell.

Yeah that's what I thought. What on Earth you can be that excited about it is beyond me. It's almost like FIFA, I only buy new versions of that so the teams are up to date - even then I only get a new one every two or three years.

kk.
27-09-2009, 07:29 AM
all they do is improved graphics and character design//looks. surely that's all any game does? I mean, tekken will obviously e improving it's engine that it runs off, as well as almost any other game.

In reference to the 'button smashing', fps are all the same too, so that comment isn't valid too

Oleh
27-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Fifa 10 demo sucks, its basically 09 with several new features, id like the euphoria engine to be worked into it, but ea suck and will only do animations

Middlesbrough
27-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Fifa 10 demo sucks, its basically 09 with several new features, id like the euphoria engine to be worked into it, but ea suck and will only do animations

What... ?

Misawa
27-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Those games are all the same. Platform fighters are dead.

ItsDave
27-09-2009, 04:13 PM
What... ?

Precisley. :S I dont get what he was on about either.

Black_Apalachi
27-09-2009, 06:40 PM
surely that's all any game does? I mean, tekken will obviously e improving it's engine that it runs off, as well as almost any other game.

In reference to the 'button smashing', fps are all the same too, so that comment isn't valid too

If you button smash on FPS you will fail. Epically.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!