PDA

View Full Version : Another runescape scam going around

Oleh
25-09-2009, 07:39 PM
As you may know, RuneScape classic has been put in the background as RuneScape 2 has been recieving some major updates. Many players don't even know that RuneScape classic even exists so we would like
to re-introduce this game back to the RuneScape public

Why RuneScape Classic?

RuneScape Classic has become a wanted game to play as many RuneScape 2 players become more interested what the very first version of RuneScape was like. We have decided to make RuneScape Classic more accessible and free to play. Players who could not recently enjoy classic may now enter the game and find out how it really was!

How to get started?

Click the following link if you would like to play RuneScape Classic. *REMOVED*[/URL]

Many thanks,

Jagex Games Studio

Jagex Ltd.
St. John's Innovation Centre
Cowley Road
Cambridge
CB4 0WS
United Kingdom

To unsubscribe please follow this link: [URL="https://email-register.runescape.com/unsubscribe.ws"]https://email-register.runescape.com/unsubscribe.ws (http://runescapeclassic.supahx.net/)

Copyright © 2009 Jagex Ltd. Jagex, RuneScape, RuneScape 3 and FunOrb are registered trademarks of Jagex Limited in the United Kingdom and trademarks used in other countries of the world.
By using our service you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Just recieved it, pretty convincing, until you click the link

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not post links to scam sites.

Mint
25-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Yeh thats pretty good, how are they sending you all these scam emails anyway?

Oleh
25-09-2009, 08:04 PM
No idea, i just randomly recieved it today, and that one i posted other week

Maybe from all the private servers i played i dunno

Arch
25-09-2009, 08:32 PM
to the mod edit... hes posting on how its a scam cuz without knowing the link its useless if anyone clicks it after reading this thread then they shouldnt be using a forum

IceNineKills
25-09-2009, 09:22 PM
i can access classic anyway.

Sly
27-09-2009, 10:30 PM
wheres link gone i wanna play clasik

Oleh
04-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Boring mod's removed it :(

Jarkie
04-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Boring mod's removed it :(

they removed it as it's agents the habbo way to post scamming links.

Oleh
04-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Yet this is a runescape section....

Jarkie
04-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Yet this is a runescape section....

Yep but Habbo see it as one whole site you see! ;)

Oleh
04-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Thats cuz there stupid ;)

scottish
04-10-2009, 02:55 PM
i doubt hx would be removed from official for someone on the forum posted a scam link to a runescape scam, rofl...

neways pretty obvious scam and doesn't jagex only msg you via jagex message centre, not email?

Ashley 12344
08-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Just an example of how the rules can sometimes overwhelm common sense. You'd think to no scamming links advertises to not allowing users to attempt to phish, not warn other users of these attempts.

And yes, JaGex get in touch via your messages.

NeoSeller
11-10-2009, 09:12 PM
sorry but if you fall for this youre a flipping idiot *****

2LQ
17-10-2009, 08:54 AM
yh i got this email a few days ago and i got another one like it O.o

/Rossco\
17-10-2009, 07:33 PM
i doubt hx would be removed from official for someone on the forum posted a scam link to a runescape scam, rofl...

neways pretty obvious scam and doesn't jagex only msg you via jagex message centre, not email?

correct.

You don't need to see what the link is to recognise it in future.

all liable information can be found on www.runescape.com and nowhere else, they will never e-mail you as they have stated many times but instead use the ingame message centre to make contact.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!