PDA

View Full Version : Story Makers - Ends 28th October

Hushie
25-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Story Makers

The sun is down, the stars are bright, Story Makers come out at night

You've got to love the Story Makers. For those silly people that don't know what 'The Story Makers' is, it's a kids TV show that revolves around putting items into THE STORY MACHINE which creates a story involving those items.

So I blatantly ripped off this magical kids show decided to use this programme as inspiration for my competition. Basically I want you to pretend that you are THE STORY MACHINE by creating a short story, a few paragraphs long, involving the three things shown in the pictures below, it's simple! The person who creates the most amazing super-fantastic story will win the grand prize!

The three things that NEED to be in your story are:

http://www.uploadpicz.com/images/65pineapple.jpg (http://www.uploadpicz.com/view-65pineapple.jpg)

http://www.uploadpicz.com/images/1934946153.png (http://www.uploadpicz.com/view-1934946153.png)

http://www.uploadpicz.com/images/84Seals_01.jpg (http://www.uploadpicz.com/view-84Seals_01.jpg)

Imagine, imagine, imagine a story!

Competition Prize/Template

1st Prize: 4 HC Sofas

Your entry should look like the example below:
Habbo Name: Jigglypuff?
Habbox Name: Joeyseph
My entry:

Competition Terms & Conditions

To enter this competition you must be a registered member of Habbox Forum. Habbox is giving all its members (not Habbox staff) the opportunity to enter competitions. You can send in your entry until the competition is closed at some time on the date listed in the thread title. Members are only allowed to enter once per Internet Protocol; breach of this rule may consider in a temporary or permanent ban from entering Habbox's competitions. The winner will be announced in this thread. Winner(s) will be private messaged by Inseriousity. to collect their prize. Habbox has the right to close the competition at any time before the competition ending date and the winner will be judged from all the entries received up to that point. Any harassment or attempted bribery of the judge(s) will get you disqualified and could get you into trouble on the Forum. All Habbox staff are excluded from participating in competitions, unless the competition states they may. Trialists may enter any competition whilst they are on trial. Any entries that break the forum rules in anyway will also be withdrawn. Prizes are subject to change. Prizes must be claimed within one month of the winner(s) being announced. Unclaimed prizes will be considered a donation to Habbox Competitions in the winner's name. All furniture prizes will be handed over on Habbo UK only. All rights reserved.

When posting in the competition forum, please only post competition entries. Do not post questions or comments - it is not the place to do so. If you need to ask a question, or feel it necessary to make a comment, then please send a message to the Competitions Manager or post in the "Questions & Comments about Habbox Competitions" thread.

SmashingImpact
29-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Habbo Name: SmashingImpact
Habbox Name: SmashingImpact

Seals. A wonderful breed of animal. A wonderful breed of animal known to always be within their club. A cute, cuddly animal. An animal a young girl would be cuddling as a teddy bear. An animal that should not be locked up in a small cage inside of a water park for the pleasure of others.

"A wonderful start to my book." thought (insert pretty lady's name, we shall call her X). X was an exhibionist against the captivity of animals. She had always thought animals should be left in the wild to their natural habitats, whether they lived on land or out at sea.

It was 2am and X had been thinking of that opening paragraph for hours, since she had got in from her day job as an apprentice vet. She loved the job, nearly as much as she loved writing. Writing was her passion though. It always had been. As a kid, X was always writing short stories. She had once won an award within her county for one she produced at the age of 16 called 'The Life of a Pineapple', based on a story of a porcupine, which she had always thought looked very similar to a pineapple.

BANG! BANG! X had fallen asleep. She rose up from her chair, stumbled backwards and made her way toward the impatient door knocker.

----------------

Trying to writer stories after doing an all nighter at 8am is not good. :D

samantha421
29-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Habbo name: samantha421
Habbox forum name: samanthaw421
My entry:

It was silent, the cold atmosphere could be seen on one's breath, the new world around me was so different than what I was used to. Walking gingerly I spotted an under dressed woman wandering helplessly, as though she was looking for life on this ghost island. I decided to follow her footsteps to also get on my way, into the cold abyss.

Days dragged by nights seem to stay forever but finally, LIFE! A minute small cub arose from the icy caps, looking confused and upset. The woman who vaguely looked like cat woman approached the animal and bowed down to his level.

Stroking the soft white fur, she noticed that he was terribly cold. Looking round helplessly she thought she saw something that looked like more life, but unfortunately it was a mirage a play of the mind that sent her into embarrassment. 'No one s..sa...saw that' her teeth chattering against the wind. She had nothing to worry about.

Pacing the ground with the cub dramatically following, she cat woman stumbled onto the hard icy floor. What was that she wondered, scrambling she found the thing she needed. The thing she longed for... Food. A pineapple to be exact, no idea how the spiky fruit came onto this deserted island, but she wasn't one to question.

Corroding the fruit next to the ice, she managed to find the perfect part to eat. Her eyes wandered to the cub, those beady eyes looking back, how could she say no to that? She spent hour upon hour, trying to get more edible substances from the pineapple. Luckily she was able to break it into further pieces. And left the cub to eat peacefully.

She never knew if she would be able to escape this nightmare, but she had an overall nice time. However, the bitter nights and worse days perished her skin and she wondered how the cub could survive. Days turned into weeks... maybe months but then a miracle took place. A helicopter hovered over head she was now able to escape and go back to humanity. She said a tearful goodbye to the cub she named, 'Alex' and vowed to meet him again sometime.

The end

Mandahh
29-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Habbo name: mandz01bb
Habbox name: Mandahh

Comp entry::eusa_danc
In America there was a mass murder (Lady Gaga was killed). Policemen went to investigate. Trying not to tread on the bodies, the police took pictures the celeb, a pineaple and a dead seal(At least that's what they thought). One policemen saw something on the opposite wall but he couldn't read it. He walks over to it and sees the numbers "7734" in calculator form, written in blood. When taking pictures of this he turned his camera upside-down and told an approaching police officer. When he pointed with the hand that the camera was in, he accidentally took a picture of the upside-down numbers. The policeman was about to delete the picture when he realized something. The numbers were now a word. The word was "HELL". He freaked out and told his colleagues. They just laughed and said it was nothing. He was still terrified. He walked back all the way to ther seal. BANG! He heard a noise , and he turned. "OH MY GOD" were his last words.
5 days later, another group of police guards came to investigate. They figured out the 'Hell' Thing. They all died, and this event kept happening. Until one day....

Mandahh
29-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Hah
I guess you're
wondering what happen's next? Well you figure it out :>
Ill be back soon to tell you the answer >:D

Velocity-X
30-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Habbo Name: Velocity-X
Habbox Name: VelocityX
My entry:

One cold winter night on the continent of antarctica, Lady GaGa was walking through the deep, dark, depths, of an ice cave. She noticed a tiny little creature making a high pitched noise. The noise sounded of a small dog barking. She approached the creature to realise it was a seal pup. She went to pick it up when she realised its foot was caught in a trap. She took her foot, held down the trap tightly, and let loose the seal pup. The seal pup sighed a great big sigh, which Lady GaGa realised was a sigh of relief. She picked up the little pup and took him to her home. She pulled a pineapple out of the fridge, cut it up, and started to eat it on the couch. The little seal pup smelled the pineapple, and crawled on to Lady GaGa's lap and let out it's cute little yelp. Lady GaGa laughed and said, "Do you want some?" The little seal yelped once again, and Lady GaGa put a piece of the pineapple in the seals mouth. The seal was so excited and kept begging for more, and she kept giving him more. And that is how the friendship of Lady GaGa and the little seal pup began.

Mandahh
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis :eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis :eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis :eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis :eusa_whisThe mayor went there to check it out with his guards
The guards turned up dead, apart from teh Mayor. So the mayor took a 5 more guards. The 5 guards died. So the CSI's decided to investigate it all.
All there was left in teh town, was that house and the mayor.
Then that happened in every other town. Then it spread aroudn to every country, every continet until all tehre was left was teh mayor's from each place.

kelsie9987
03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
O i watch story makers i think its cool but still i like the blue cow one.MOO

forum name: kelsie9987 habboname: kelsie9987

IMAGIN IMAGIN IMAGIN A STORY!!!!!!!!! *the wheel spins* it lands on the super baby!!!!!!! well super baby flew across the sky too see what was going on but nothing so super baby went to sleep and some other characters took super babys show :O Sally the seal was bored and had a little stroll down town but got stopped by a huge thing looking like a tree to her. It was a pineapple. Sally screamed and tried to climb it but kept falling. A woman was walking past and looked down at sally, she said poor little seal is it lost. She then said it must be hungry. She gave sally a hug then cut the pineapple and gave her a little bit off it. Sally was amazed how it tasted and how it wasnt a tree. She went back to her home and promised her mam that she'd never go out without her mam agen

.PureGenius
26-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Habbo Name: PureBrain
Habbox Name: .Puregenius
My entry:

Pineapple story:
If you're a frequent traveler, you've probably seen a pineapple motif in many of the places you've visited. That's because pineapples are internationally recognized as the symbol of hospitality, a sign to patrons that a warm welcome awaits.

Legend has it that when Key West's sea captains returned home from their voyages, they would leave pineapples out on their gateposts as an invitation to the community to stop by and join them in celebrating their return by sharing in the warmth and hospitality of their homes. Nowadays, when you see a pineapple in a place of business, you can be sure that a sincere and inviting reception awaits. That's why Bank of Florida selected the pineapple as the symbol to let the customers know that they're dedicated to treating them with the highest standards of service, respect and integrity.

The pineapple is a fruit that has always been a challenge to cultivate, and this difficulty made it a rare commodity, a sign of affluence.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This short story is about a Pineapple.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lady gaga story:
I was staying with my good famous friend Lady Gaga in an old house in the forest. One night I wanted to go out. "Where are you going?" said Lady Gaga. "To the forest," I said softly. "But it's getting dark! and a storm is coming! All the rats come out when there is a storm. Don't go near them. And don't touch them!" I went out and saw loads of rats. I wasn't scared, being a 15 year old boy I wasn't going to be. I went near them and touched them. Then I remembered what Lady Gaga had said.

Too late! My teeth turned red and my skin was covered with cockroaches. I screamed and ran into the forest. In the middle of the forest I saw Lady Gaga looking at me with a knife, the knife had blood on the tip of the knife. Gaga was looking like she was ready to pounce at any moment given. Soon it's 31st of October maybe Gaga and me will come looking for you!
This time I made non-fiction story with me living with Lady Gaga :O.

Seal story:
I was running on Newport Beach, feet just inches from the water, listening to my iPod, when I glanced up and saw a mound of brown that looked a lot like a seal only about ten feet in front of me.

My forward motion came to a screeching halt when I jumped three feet in the air in shock. As I made a large arc to avoid it, I wondered whether it was actually a seal or some elaborate prank some high school kids had thrown together. "Let's take this monstrous piece of driftwood and carve it into a seal and then watch the runners get freaked out. It'll be LEGENDARY!"

I kept a sharp eye on it and watched for movement. With my head craned around I thought I saw something, maybe the head moving? But it could have been nothing. I continued with my run.

When I had circled around and was about to make a left to cut across the sand and go to my car, I decided to take a detour and check on the driftwood.

It was easy to locate in the fog. Two men were standing a few feet from it, considering things. One was a 30ish typical OC looking guy. The other was an older gentleman, probably in his 70s.

The older gentleman turned to me when I approached. "This your pet?"

"I forgot his leash," I quipped.

Then they quickly forgot about me while they went on to discuss the logistics of finding seals on beaches. They kept looking around for a lifeguard truck.

I stood a few feet away stretching and giggling to myself over their sense of responsibility. In my view there was no more natural place to find a seal. I couldn't see why we should have to do anything about it.

A man walking an English bulldog strolled by. The two made a wide arc around the seal, the bulldog crouched low to the ground, ready to pounce. He never did. It was an overall peaceful exchange between land and sea dog. There was interest but no malice.

An older couple approached with purpose. The woman had a dog on a leash. I lost track of her because my personal space was suddenly invaded by her husband.

"Excuse me," he said as he almost ran me over while I was nearly doing the splits, stretching my legs.

I looked at him in awe. Miles of sand to walk on and he'd somehow made me into an obstacle.

He positioned himself where he needed to be and set about arranging his camera. Then he started yelling.

"Stand back!"

"Why? I'll stand where I want!" his wife yelled.

She was standing too close to the seal but the dog was even closer. The seal was as aggravated as the couple was. The dog looked like he was pretending he didn't know anybody.

It didn't matter. The only thing that mattered was the photo op. They were immortalizing a crucial moment and it was important to have it represented correctly.

The seal didn't understand. He started barking his head off and backing up. Then the husband started yelling. Then the wife did. The two men who had been talking in a professional manner about the seal situation stopped altogether and pretended not to stare.

I was imagining the couple's grandchildren on the couple's 60th wedding anniversary, impressed by the amount of years grandpa and grandma had been able to tolerate each other, when I noticed the seal evacuating its bowels.

"He's going!" I hissed at the husband, not sure if I was trying to tell him to stop upsetting it or that his photo op had been compromised.

He diligently ignored me.

The seal was not having any of it. It wasn't Seal World, for chrissakes. He backed up into the nervous mess he'd just made.

I took a look around at the scene that had been created out of a seal needing to take a break and shook my head. The two men were going to get what they wanted without the help of a lifeguard. The seal would be backed into the sea by the clueless couple.

I'd had enough. I went to my car and drove home. How many times do we inject ourselves into a situation, acting like we know what is best and somehow ignoring the simple reality in front of us? Sometimes a seal on the beach is just a seal on the beach.
The seal story.

AppleCore,.x
27-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Habbo Name: AppleCore,.x
Habbox Name: AppleCore,.x

A Beautilful lady called Sarah loved to examine fruits and animals. Her main ambition was to look carefully at seals because she was sent of to make a documentry about them. Sarah had to catch a plane to north atlantic because seals were found there. She went there and filmed a fancinating documantry about them and after had to africa.

After she had catched a plane to africa she had see the DNA Of pineapples and made new substances.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!