PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Jet or LG Viewty Smart?

Hitman
27-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey, I'm looking for a new touch screen phone and I'm stuck between the Samsung Jet and the LG Viewty Smart... both look very nice.

From looking at the videos, I prefer the Samsung... the screen appears to be more vivid. I'm not sure about the sensitivity of the touch screen though... but I also like the look of the LG Viewty...

So which one do you recommend?

Thanks.

jackass
27-09-2009, 09:01 PM
The Viewty Smart is much sexier in my opinion, and also has Dolby sound etc. but it also means you will have the painful work of getting it to work with your computer with there completely useless software and drivers.

Markeh
27-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I know someone who has the Viewty Smart. They've had nothing but grief with it. It's useless, the firmware keeps freezing up, and it dials numbers when IT wants.

Go for the Jet, I also know someone who has one of those, and they're stunning. The screen cant be judged till you see it. Its simply epic. Go for the Jet.

The Professor
27-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I'd have to say Jet too, LG's interface is kinda cluttered and needlessly complicated. Although I seem to remember it has a capacative touchscreen so that might make it nicer to use if you can put up with the laggyness. The jet aparently suffers from lag too but nowhere near as much and it has a much nicer screen and interface.

Hitman
27-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Haha I'm very close to buying the Jet. :D The screen looks great on videos, it's AMOLED or something, very bright.

I hardly use my phone for ringing, I mainly text.. I can get it for free on o2, with 100 mins and unlimited texts, just £15/month.

I think I'll probably get it tomorrow! :D

The Professor
28-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Its not just bright, its sharp and easy to see in sunlight from what I've heard too! Just get it NOW :P

Wayne
28-09-2009, 08:58 AM
I had the LG Viewty (not smart) and it lagged quite a bit and got slow when the memory card filled up. I have a Samsung Jet (refer to PMs) and I love it. :)

jackass
28-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I had the LG Viewty (not smart) and it lagged quite a bit and got slow when the memory card filled up. I have a Samsung Jet (refer to PMs) and I love it. :)

Bit of a difference though between the Viewty and the Viewty Smart. ;)

But yeah, i'd still probably go with the Samsung Jet. :)

Hitman
28-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Bought the Jet! :D Thanks for your replies everybody! I'll tell you what I think of it when I get it, should be here by Wednesday!

Hitman
29-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Maybe not... stupid mobiles.co.uk >_> Stupid credit check didn't go well with my dad 'cos we haven't been living in this house long :'(

JACKTARD
29-09-2009, 05:13 PM
i was gna get the samsung viewty smart, but its too expensive on a £20 month contract. still over £100 :/

so ill be getting the jet.
looking forward to getting it

looks amazing :)

jackass
29-09-2009, 05:19 PM
i was gna get the samsung viewty smart, but its too expensive on a £20 month contract. still over £100 :/

so ill be getting the jet.
looking forward to getting it

looks amazing :)

The Viewty Smart isn't made by Samsung lol?

And... http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/basket.aspx?addmnm=800616&qty=1&ins=1&route=deal&giftid=0

JACKTARD
29-09-2009, 06:36 PM
The Viewty Smart isn't made by Samsung lol?

And... http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/basket.aspx?addmnm=800616&qty=1&ins=1&route=deal&giftid=0

oh yhyh i know,

just had samsung in my head for some reason

i know its made by LG :P
The post still stands, just change the samsung to LG :)

jackass
29-09-2009, 06:56 PM
oh yhyh i know,

just had samsung in my head for some reason

i know its made by LG :P
The post still stands, just change the samsung to LG :)

So, basically, you knew it was made by LG, yet for some reason, you decided to put Samsung? :P

JACKTARD
30-09-2009, 03:39 PM
So, basically, you knew it was made by LG, yet for some reason, you decided to put Samsung? :P

yeah

havent you ever put the wrong thing?
lol

cos ive been looking at samsungs all night.

Jessie
03-10-2009, 09:27 PM
i just bought the samsung jet today and i really like it, i would deffo go for the jet :D

ElliottThompson
04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
anyone got the Jet yet? I'm interested but I get worried when it comes to touch screen as texting always seems to be rubbish on everything except the iPhone... How is texting on the Jet?

Jessie
08-10-2009, 10:56 AM
its good, well if you have small fingers it is xD

like anything its not perfect and your bound to make mistakes when texting but i still think its good :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!