View Full Version : A Nightmare On Elm Street

Misawa
28-09-2009, 11:58 AM
The remake. The useless Michael Bay produces yet another iconic horror remake with his Platinum Dunes company. The teaser trailer has been released as of a few hours ago. It's coming April 2010.

Freddy's voice is absolutely awful and so is his look. He looks like Gunter Von Hagen. They should have stuck with Robert Englund; there's only one Krueger.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=47103

FlyingJesus
28-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Frankly it looks much better than the original, which may have been good at the time but is a crockful of the brown stuff for anyone watching it now. Horror fanboys and movie buffs won't like it because they don't like anything that isn't poorly made and 30 years old but personally I can't see how they could possibly make it worse than the original

Misawa
28-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Another example of the MTV generation.

ItsDave
28-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Never really cared for this film tbh. However will watch the original tonight if I get bored.

FlyingJesus
28-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Another example of the MTV generation.

Is that an attempt to belittle my opinion? I certainly do apologise for wanting to watch a film that looks good

Misawa
28-09-2009, 09:58 PM
No, it shows that you that you are part of the MTV generation of flashy editing and short attention spans, rather than storytelling.

FlyingJesus
28-09-2009, 10:06 PM
A keen interest in aesthetics has nothing to with a short attention span or a dislike for the story. Your view kind of reminds me of Dawson Leery (from Dawson's Creek) who immediately gets offensive and judgemental when someone disagrees with his film taste. You can hardly generalise my entire taste by a comment on one old film

Misawa
28-09-2009, 10:10 PM
It's not my taste, it's yours. Part of the group who like the shallowness of remakes.

FlyingJesus
28-09-2009, 10:14 PM
You're entirely right, I often go about searching for remakes of old films just to comment on how they're better than the originals simply for the looks. My original post actually suggested that I'd prefer this one simply because the old one was so terrible, so your comments (where you clearly know me better than I know myself) are entirely void and based on assumptions.

Thanks for backing up my point Dawson

Misawa
28-09-2009, 10:19 PM
The original A Nightmare on Elm Street is one of the most famous horror films of all time. You can't call a film "terrible" just because you didn't like it - it's as idiotic as when you said that just because you don't like Jaws, that it is a "badly made" film. There's a wide difference between disliking a film and stating that it's badly made. For someone who doesn't know film, Jaws is one of the easiest examples to show of a well made film, because it is completely obvious to Joe Average. Your attempt to say that it is a badly made film is buried under an unprecident amount of things, such as Academy Awards, top 10 film lists, and ITV's fourth most watched broadcast in history, to name just a few.

kk.
28-09-2009, 10:24 PM
A keen interest in aesthetics has nothing to with a short attention span or a dislike for the story. Your view kind of reminds me of Dawson Leery (from Dawson's Creek) who immediately gets offensive and judgemental when someone disagrees with his film taste. You can hardly generalise my entire taste by a comment on one old film

That is the single most, best statement i have heard which represents Misawa.

dirrty
28-09-2009, 10:24 PM
looks well good. should be seeing that when it comes out.

FlyingJesus
28-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Completely overrated pop-rock band, with one of the most annoying, useless voices I've ever heard.

Her voice is absolutely God awful.

Madonna is truly useless. Her good stuff is in the 80s, everything out of that decade SUCKS. She's an old lip-synching tart.

Well if it's anything like what I heard on TV the other day, it will be garbage vocally choked by someone who cannot sing.

Do sales and awards not count for music then? All of the above are massive successes (except Diana but she was still extremely well received) and you've noted them as overrated/God awful/useless/vocal garbage.

Oh and...

It will probably be as bad as the Sex and the City film. It'll do well, but it'll suck.

Whoops did you just say that a high grossing film sucked? $408,921,925 versus $25m for Nightmare on Elm Street, which even with inflation is nowhere near the same

Pots and kettles everywhere appear to be calling one another black, it seems

Misawa
28-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Fantastic, you picked up the box office takings of a film based on one of the most successful TV shows of all time. The film did well at the box office, but the film was panned by the majority of its viewers. Epic Movie did big money, yet 90% of those who went to see it absolutely hated it. Need I say more?

Oasis - the voice is genuinely bad.

Diana - the voice is genuinely bad.

I said I'm a Madonna fan - of her '80s hits that put her on the map and have become classics - not of her modern stuff, which is way overproduced.

McFly - genuinely can't sing, whose success, like carbon copies "Busted", is down to sex appeal and not talent.

If you want to make a comparison to X Factor, look at Eoghan Quigg - very talented, got by on sex appeal, and walked away with a dud album.

You realise you won't come out of an issue with me on film on top.

FlyingJesus
28-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Actually Busted came before McFly I think.

I'm not disagreeing with your opinions - I don't like any of the above really but you're suggesting that your opinion of their voices equates to fact, yet busted my balls for doing the same for a film which I "genuinely" think is an absolute eyesore better suited to the comedy section. I'm quite happy to say that's opinion because it is and clearly you and many others do like it, but there is certainly a difference between fact and opinion and that doesn't seem to be a distinction you let yourself see when it concerns your own points of view

Misawa
28-09-2009, 10:48 PM
The 6 sequels that followed belong in comedy, the first does not. It isn't just my opinion that the aforementioned cannot sing, they literally cannot sing.

Yes, Busted came before McFly, but they're both the same.

Black_Apalachi
29-09-2009, 12:18 AM
The original A Nightmare on Elm Street is one of the most famous horror films of all time. You can't call a film "terrible" just because you didn't like it - it's as idiotic as when you said that just because you don't like Jaws, that it is a "badly made" film. There's a wide difference between disliking a film and stating that it's badly made. For someone who doesn't know film, Jaws is one of the easiest examples to show of a well made film, because it is completely obvious to Joe Average. Your attempt to say that it is a badly made film is buried under an unprecident amount of things, such as Academy Awards, top 10 film lists, and ITV's fourth most watched broadcast in history, to name just a few.

* THE BIT IN BOLD * :eusa_clap

+rep in fact :)

Misawa
29-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks.

Browney
29-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Misawa is film king. I'd give up, he's relentless.

kk.
29-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Misawa is a **** when it comes to film or tv. He never quits when it comes to his opinion and can't stand anyone that doesn't agree with him. He'll continue to try and pursuade anyone to only like films he likes, and when someone says otherwise he'll go on a complete rant about why they're wrong. No one does it to him, for his opinion on films or tv, so why should he for us. Maggot

Misawa
29-09-2009, 07:49 PM
No, that's your misunderstanding of fact.

N-Dubz
29-09-2009, 08:18 PM
ruined it.

kk.
29-09-2009, 08:21 PM

... do you not understand what i just said? Because you just completely did exactly what i was saying..

FlyingJesus
29-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Misawa is film king. I'd give up, he's relentless.

He may well know a lot about film but he doesn't appear to know the difference between fact and (his) opinion

lol@that from you

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!