PDA

View Full Version : New phone

Blob
03-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Hello

I can get a new phone soon (October 15th) on my Orange contract.

Can anyone suggest any good phones that will be free on a £20 a month contract, 18 or 24 month?

Also, it can be Orange / T-Mobile / Any other network

I would prefer touchscreen + internet (if possible), I don't mind about minutes or messages as I dont text/ring anyone that much.

Thanks
Ryan

syko2006
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM
WELL, just on the off chance.

Have you thought about ringing Orange and saying, ''Can you suggest any good phones that will be free on a £20 a month contract, 18 or 24 month?

I would prefer touchscreen + internet (if possible), I don't mind about minutes or messages as I dont text/ring anyone that much.

Thanks
Ryan.''

That could work. :)

Blob
03-10-2009, 10:24 PM
WELL, just on the off chance.

Have you thought about ringing Orange and saying, ''Can you suggest any good phones that will be free on a £20 a month contract, 18 or 24 month?

Thanks
Ryan.''

That could work. :)

No, because asking can save time and translating on the helpline, and I've checked their website for the phones I like they offer. Some people might know other phones that other networks offer I haven't looked at yet, hence I asked here.

syko2006
03-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Well, in that case.

I saw a deal in Tesco the other day on a poster thing, and Orange are doing a deal where you get unlimited texts, 100 minutes and an LG Cookie for £15 and it's on a 24 month contract.

You could always ask for a bolt on, and if it costs more to get a bolt on, it should only come to about £20.

Have a look on the website, or if you have to, ask them about it. I think it's a good deal. :)

Wayne
03-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Samsung Jet from Phones 4 U.

e5
03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
No, because asking can save time and translating on the helpline, and I've checked their website for the phones I like they offer. Some people might know other phones that other networks offer I haven't looked at yet, hence I asked here.
If you ring they offer different deals though, that work out better.

Wayne
03-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Go on phone store websites and click pay monthly and it usually shows the best deals, starting from £15 a month mostly.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/all-phones
http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phones
http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_contract_main.asp
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/phones/pay-monthly/all/1/

Barmi
04-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Well, in that case.

I saw a deal in Tesco the other day on a poster thing, and Orange are doing a deal where you get unlimited texts, 100 minutes and an LG Cookie for £15 and it's on a 24 month contract.

You could always ask for a bolt on, and if it costs more to get a bolt on, it should only come to about £20.

Have a look on the website, or if you have to, ask them about it. I think it's a good deal. :)
You could get a Nokia 5800 on that deal (Orange or O2) months ago, and probably still today, so why would you want the inferior LG Cookie?

x-glow
04-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah, Get the Nokia 5800 Music expiress On orange!!

Blob
04-10-2009, 01:55 PM
What do you guys think of the samsung s5600? Also, I found out it has to be on Orange (as my contract doesn't actually end yet, I can just change phones)

Suspective
04-10-2009, 01:57 PM
What do you guys think of the samsung s5600? Also, I found out it has to be on Orange (as my contract doesn't actually end yet, I can just change phones)

Yeah, that is pretty decent.

syko2006
04-10-2009, 04:30 PM
You could get a Nokia 5800 on that deal (Orange or O2) months ago, and probably still today, so why would you want the inferior LG Cookie?

I'm sorry, did I forget to state that I didn't know this in my post?
If I knew about this, I probably would of posted it. :rolleyes:

Jessie
04-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Samsung Jet at carphone warehouse, i just bought one

£20 per month for 300mins and unlimited texts and free internet on wi-fi :)

AgnesIO
04-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Hello

I can get a new phone soon (October 15th) on my Orange contract.

Can anyone suggest any good phones that will be free on a £20 a month contract, 18 or 24 month?

Also, it can be Orange / T-Mobile / Any other network

Thanks
Ryan

Oh so phones are not even used to talk now :O What is this world coming too. :D

Joking, I prefer phones as mini pc's haha

Blob
04-10-2009, 05:43 PM
How is 3's coverage in the UK? I might be getting the S5600 with 200 minutes, unlimited internet (1gb) and unlimited texts on 3, I just want to know what the signals like, especially in Cornwall (as I shall be going there soon)

Barmi
04-10-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry, did I forget to state that I didn't know this in my post?
If I knew about this, I probably would of posted it. :rolleyes:

You recommended a **** phone. Your credibility ends there.

@Blob: I've had some friends on 3 and the coverage has been as well as you'd expect... but that was in the north east, not Cornwall. ^_^

The Professor
05-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Well, in that case.

I would not recommend that phone if a dead dog held me at gunpoint and threatened to rob all my shoes and asked me too. DONT DO IT!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!