PDA

View Full Version : Guides Section

Orangeesh
05-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Quick poll about the guides section

Personally I think the runescape section on this forum has become pretty much dead compared to how it used to be.

The guides section has quite a few guides in it but some are either outdated and need updating or they just have no relevance anymore due to changes and rs updates.

Basically, does anyone want or care about the section and does anyone want it cleaned out maybe some guides updated etc?

some examples:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=245647
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=318547

Callum.
05-10-2009, 03:01 PM
don't think it is very needed. I've never used the section, but some others may. I don't think it should be cleaned out either. that's like going back through all of these threads and deleting the old ones.

Alex3213
05-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I think it should just for the reason it may prevent people from asking very simple questions (cough me cough).

Orangeesh
05-10-2009, 03:08 PM
don't think it is very needed. I've never used the section, but some others may. I don't think it should be cleaned out either. that's like going back through all of these threads and deleting the old ones.

Im thinking it would be more helpful to new players who might need to use guides.

MJJ
05-10-2009, 03:28 PM
I guess if people actually use it, it would be helpful to tidy it up a little.

I never knew people actually used it though. I've only been in there once or twice myself.

Alkaz
05-10-2009, 04:18 PM
I use it quiet a lot. I send a smod/fm a list to update one and that was about 6 weeks ago, still nothing but ye.

Arch
05-10-2009, 06:57 PM
There were like 10 other outdated guides i got mattgarner i think to delete cuz they had no use. I think to update all of them would take forever so it wouldnt really matter. plus if you want any guide you can just google it :P

Suspective
05-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I'd like a update and clean-up.

Laggings
05-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Keep the guides. Noobs come on and are like OMG I ROTE DAT 4 YERS AGO -happy.
They'd be suicidal if you deleted their guide.

Samwolly
05-10-2009, 07:29 PM
i use it now and again, i would use it more if it was updated though

Mint
05-10-2009, 09:11 PM
My opinion is that it should be scrapped. I created a guide on here but it was a guide that suits this kind of forum (real world trading etc) so I explained how you can still trade quite a lot of cash. Other than that, I don't think all them guides are really needed because if people are confused they could use a (most likely better) guide from a runescape fan site. I think a simple sticky explaining how to find guides would make up for us posting individual guides.

IceNineKills
05-10-2009, 11:43 PM
question is, who wants to update all the guides? noone writes their own for the section anymore.

Arch
06-10-2009, 12:13 AM
The time it takes to re-write them / update, you could write new 1s and most new 1s you'll write have guides already made for them which in most cases you'll take the info off it so a link to that guide might be better then wasting alot of time updating and stuff.

Laggings
06-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Hell, thinking about it, rip the entire Guide section off.
Anyone can get better ones on zybez or runehq. The only good ones are for like 76K trick / Moneymaking.

Orangeesh
06-10-2009, 07:06 AM
question is, who wants to update all the guides? noone writes their own for the section anymore.

True I guess.

Jord
06-10-2009, 07:12 AM
I think it could use updating but I would like it to stay there because I check it quite abit doesnt matter if its dead aslong as it helps :P

Homosexual
07-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm not being funny, but have you read my thread in the complaints section but any chance?

Callum.
07-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm not being funny, but have you read my thread in the complaints section but any chance?

i'm not being funny, but you've posted 18 times in this section, and you want it cleaned up because of rule breaking? we traded habbo for runescape etc for ages, against both set of rules but it was and still is allowed. going on someones account is breaking runescape rules, yes, but the only thing habbox has ever been strict about is the selling of accounts.

and you sound like you really want to be a mod, and this is the easiest section to pick apart. I think orangeesh is doing fine, he's on trial and already is trying to improve it....

IceNineKills
07-10-2009, 10:09 PM

yes, you're begging to moderate a section you've used about 10 times.

Orangeesh
08-10-2009, 12:13 AM

Nope, but I just have now.
You made that thread a few days after I was given a trial as forum mod, as well as sam, the other mod assigned to this section.

I know what you mean there was alot of rs acc sales threads etc. They were sorted though?

Laggings
08-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Finally the RS section is getting good Mods like Orange!

Things have been sorted, now please, Homosexuality, let them do their job.

Homosexual
08-10-2009, 03:11 PM
yes, you're begging to moderate a section you've used about 10 times.

Just because I don't post don't mean I don't read it.

IceNineKills
12-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Finally the RS section is getting good Mods like Orange!

that post is quite funny.

xxMATTGxx
14-10-2009, 06:17 AM
I see that the majority of you want them to be cleaned up and updated correct?

Zokoli
14-10-2009, 07:38 AM
/Haven't read all the posts in the thread :$/

I think anybody should be able to post in the Guides section but with that, there should be a thread approval system (the one built in to vB). This way, it may be quicker to get more guides in the section.
i dunno, an idea.

scottish
14-10-2009, 07:42 AM
not everyone is mature so people wouldn't approve of the guide simply for the lols.

mods should be active in the section to put appropriate threads in the guides forum, if their not active enough they should be fired, simple.

Zokoli
14-10-2009, 07:49 AM
but i could just see somebody putting in a rubbish guide, without it being approved and yano, flamewar erupts.

scottish
14-10-2009, 07:51 AM
then the thread gets closed n life moves on

Zokoli
14-10-2009, 08:01 AM
scratch that

thread gets deleted and user gets banned

IceNineKills
14-10-2009, 11:14 PM

That would be helpful but noone is willing to do so.

Homosexual
15-10-2009, 03:18 PM

I would help if you need it :)

IceNineKills
15-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I would help if you need it :)

stop kissing backsides.

Callum.
15-10-2009, 10:06 PM
I had a read through most of the guides and a lot of them aren't too bad. There are some heavily outdated such as the dueling and staking ones. But the rest just need to be updated. But to update them it looks like most of it will need to be rewritten.

Most of the 40 guides in the section were created in 2007. So it's two years worth of information that may need to be added. It'll be hard to get them sorted.

http://www.zybez.net/community/index.php?showforum=317

....is good, loads of player written guides. Would probably easier for people to use them rather than our guide section.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!