PDA

View Full Version : What the..??

Niall!
05-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, as people may know I ordered a refurbished PC off PC World. Well, the PC I ordered was supposed to come with 1TB HD. Instead, I found 500. I contacted PC world and asked them if they would send me the promised 1TB HD. They refused, saying there is 1TB space on this computer.

I noticed this morning that when booting my computer, an option of two HDs comes up for a few seconds. I don't understand this. How am I supposed to use this other HD? Do I have to switch between one and the other every time? And does that require me turning my computer off everytime I want to switch?

Wyked
05-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Set the secondary as a slave den all will be kwl

N!ck
05-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Start/Windows button > Right click Computer > Manage > Click on Disk Management on the left hand menu under the Storage tab. Say what you see/post a screenshot.

Niall!
05-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I would, actually I was planning to, but the second HD does not appear in My Computer.

Hang on a sec Nick didn't see your post.

Disk 0 has HP (C:) (my current HD) and my Factory _image things
then Disk 1 just has a blank named with Healthy (Primary Partition) under it's size

http://i37.tinypic.com/bfp1yf.jpg

Stephen!
05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
A screenshot will paint a thousand words.

Niall!
05-10-2009, 09:40 PM
A screenshot will paint a thousand words.

One step ahead of you :)

Recursion
05-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Right click on Disk 1 > Quick Format, once it's done it will show the other 500GB drive in your My Computer :p

Niall!
05-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Right click on Disk 1 > Quick Format, once it's done it will show the other 500GB drive in your My Computer :p

Just did that. No change, does not appear in "My Computer"

Do I have to name it something special? I just named it spare.

Niall!
05-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Just did that. No change, does not appear in "My Computer"

Do I have to name it something special? I just named it spare.

Edit: I am an idiot. I forgot to assign it a drive letter. Anyway, all is done. Thanks :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!