PDA

View Full Version : 07-Oct-2009 - High-level Herblore Potions

Orangeesh
07-10-2009, 02:00 PM
This week, high-level herbalists will find a variety of new, untradeable potions at their disposal. Using your increased knowledge of the Herblore (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/view.ws?guid=herblore_members_only) skill, you will find you now have the ability to add tertiary ingredients to some potions to increase their effect.

These potions (http://www.runescape.com/kbase/view.ws?guid=herblore_the_potions) aren't just limited to stat boosts either. Have you ever wanted to take your godsword on dragon-slaying trips? Now's your chance, with the super antifire potion (at level 84). Are you approaching near mastery of the Herblore skill? If so, there’s a potion that may just ‘overload’ your entire body (at level 96) – dare you drink it?
On a side note, those who can mix the extreme magic potion will find it doesn't work in a similar way to its lower-level equivalents. When used, this potion will boost all offensive spell damage by 40% for a duration of six minutes, and will stack with magic staves that boost magic damage.

Mod Chris L
RuneScape Content Developer

In other news...
As part of the conversion of the worn interface and inventory to a newer internal file format, certain items now have clearer right-click options when using them. For example, the amulet of glory now lists the four different destinations it can take you to instead of just saying 'Operate'.
The Game Engine team have made sure the player list is now randomised to prevent priority being given to some players over others because of their IP address.

You can now navigate around the world map using arrow keys.

Herblore update sounds good, due to be updated for a while.

MJJ
07-10-2009, 03:34 PM
That means Ice Barrage could deal upto 42 HP worth of damage, and with the extra staff offensive bonuses, probably around a maximum of 45-46..?

http://www.runescapetop.com/up/images/8479.jpg

Some amazing potions.

IceNineKills
07-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Good luck getting 99 herblore now.

Laggings
07-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Jeeeeeeeeez, awsome potions there ftw.

Homosexual
07-10-2009, 05:14 PM
so what happened to giving a new skill to the F2Pers :(

Arch
07-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Finally there making higher lvl content but yeah doing herblore is gonna cost alot now , well atleast for awhile ...

Ashley 12344
08-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Some of those potions are ridiculously powerful. I'm really glad they aren't tradeable.

ashyboy999
09-10-2009, 04:45 AM
apparently the potion that isnt on that list "overload potion" requires 96 herblore, is also untradeable and adds +50 to all combat skills for 5 minutes.

to make an overload potion you need:

extreme attack potion
extreme defence potion
extreme strength potion
extreme range potion
extreme magic potion
1 clean torstol
the result is one 3 dose black potion of extreme power. overpowered is putting it lightly anyone can get 96 by training at chaos druids in edgeville dungeon, high levels on abbreant spectres and keep/bank thousands of ranarrs and avantoes which both use snape grass which we all know has a respawn point so u dont have to pay a penny. the same goes for agility potion and frogs legs they respawn at taverley, red spiders eggs in karamja dungeon.... water elementals drop vials of water 100% of the time so if you have the time 99 herblore dosent have to cost a dime!

Arch
09-10-2009, 08:39 PM
it would also take u ages if u collected everything ur self =/

Rashelly
09-10-2009, 09:12 PM
super antifire sounds lickable.
I may start playing again just to get 85 herblore.
ehhh.

MJJ
09-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Following player feedback, we have decided that the new Herblore potions are having too much of an effect on PVP combat. Considering that making them requires a high level in a non-combat skill, players felt they had to increase their Herblore level to be able to make these potions, before they could effectively fight players of a similar combat level to themselves. It was not our intention to suddenly make PVP gameplay less accessible for the majority of players who had previously been enjoying it.

As such, for now, the special restore, extreme attack, extreme strength, extreme defence, extreme ranging, extreme magic and overload potions will be disabled in the following areas:
PvP Worlds (and Bounty/Bounty+1 variants)
Castle Wars
Clan Wars
Duel Arena
Soul Wars
TzHaar Fight Pit

We do still believe that these potions should be a fitting reward for those who attain a high Herblore level, so their effects remain unchanged when fighting NPCs outside of the areas listed above. They will still prove to be very useful when fighting NPCs – for example, dungeon and quest bosses, Slayer assignments, Pest Control, TzHaar Fight Cave, Barrows, etc. The potions also remain untradeable. If they were to become tradeable, anyone could buy them, so they wouldn’t be so much of a reward for those who have levelled their Herblore skill. http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?15,16,463,59698001

IceNineKills
15-10-2009, 09:50 PM
super antifire sounds lickable.
I may start playing again just to get 85 herblore.
ehhh.

do that and i'll piss on your face.

Rashelly
17-10-2009, 04:42 PM
do that and i'll piss on your face.

o.O
You don't know where I live, PAL.

IceNineKills
18-10-2009, 03:27 PM
o.O
You don't know where I live, PAL.

i gots you on facebook though

Rashelly
18-10-2009, 06:27 PM
cant piss on my face on facebook though!

IceNineKills
19-10-2009, 05:47 PM
cant piss on my face on facebook though!

i can but i don't wanna break my screen :(.

Rashelly
20-10-2009, 04:11 AM
i can but i don't wanna break my screen :(.

you could cover it with cling film.

IceNineKills
20-10-2009, 08:39 PM
you could cover it with cling film.

rather just use the loo.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!