PDA

View Full Version : Search engine design - got bored.

iDenning
07-10-2009, 08:40 PM
http://files.uploadffs.com/c/7c74cfb9/omgsearchCR.png
http://files.uploadffs.com/c/7c74cfb9/omgsearchCR.png

i got bored so made this

ThisNameWillDo!
07-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Not bad I guess, but plain though.

Mickword
07-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Good, but its a bit plain, needs more vibrant and verial colours.

PatrickMS
08-10-2009, 08:08 PM
reminds me of twitter.
not bad

Jamesy
08-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I'll run through a few problems with it. I don't know if its my monitor but that shade of grey is just a tad too dark to sit nicely on that blue.

You also really need to work on your proportions. The 'Search' buttin and input form are waaay too huge and the lines look quite poor. Also the text on the search button is too light.

The outlines underneath suffer the problem of being too obvious, they draw attention away from the content.

It might be just a personal preference but I believe all outlines should be darker than the interior content.

Finally I would say consistancy, drop shadow on the top and none on the bottom and none on the arrow. You've also used a glow effect on the arrow which in my opinion is always hard to pull off without it looking naff :).

summary: Lighter greys, don't attract focus away from the content and work on your proportions :)

I would suggest you start playing with gradients, borders and inner borders. Use complimentary colours and always remember the design is there to enhance the content, not overshadow it :)

Laggings
08-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Plain, but simple :)

kre8ive
09-10-2009, 09:24 AM
it's ok, better then BING :D

MisturMan
09-10-2009, 10:49 AM
It's just not for me, if you were going to go for simple, use some more colours. The arrow looks totally out of place and the search bar and search button should be switched around.

iDenning
09-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for comments :)

VirtualG
10-10-2009, 07:01 AM
stop saying it's bad because it looks plain, look at the homepage for google, does it have tons of images? No. It just says "Google" and udnerneath it had the search box. Thats not plain at all...:rolleyes:

ThisNameWillDo!
10-10-2009, 11:17 AM
stop saying it's bad because it looks plain, look at the homepage for google, does it have tons of images? No. It just says "Google" and udnerneath it had the search box. Thats not plain at all...:rolleyes:

I don't believe anyone has said it's bad?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!