PDA

View Full Version : Preload a webpage?

Luke
13-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Is there an effective way to preload a page? I've tried some from google, but they never seem to work..

Thanks
Luke

Kyle!
13-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Probably through javascript. Are you trying to preload images for :hover so it doesn't load them?

(PS: You have an epic last name, imagine getting stuff through the post saying 'Master Bateson' LOL! Anyway yeah that's pretty funny.)

Jahova
14-10-2009, 05:54 AM
@Above - In some book we read in english, there is a character called Master Bates. LOL

Luke
14-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Probably through javascript. Are you trying to preload images for :hover so it doesn't load them?

(PS: You have an epic last name, imagine getting stuff through the post saying 'Master Bateson' LOL! Anyway yeah that's pretty funny.)

Been there, get Mr now. LOL

And, I'm just generally wanting to preload all images on the index page, the hover buttons are fine, they already preload, its just some big images, seem to slow the page loading alot.

redtom
14-10-2009, 11:14 AM
For large images the easyest way would be to change the image format, also make sure your code is clean, its the small things that make a big diffrence when it comes to loading times. :)

Lucas0123
14-10-2009, 08:30 PM
luke lives on, and about the master bates i know somebody called that irl he plays ping pong (:

PatrickMS
16-10-2009, 09:33 PM
not sure if this will work but can't you load the image in an iframe? if you place it on a fast loading page (if you can at the bottom of the code or in the footer) it should load into your temp files, then next when they go to the other pages it will load very quickly.

(don't flame me please if i'm wrong)

Luke
17-10-2009, 09:07 AM
not sure if this will work but can't you load the image in an iframe? if you place it on a fast loading page (if you can at the bottom of the code or in the footer) it should load into your temp files, then next when they go to the other pages it will load very quickly.

(don't flame me please if i'm wrong)

That would cause it to load slower, due to the iframes - and that extremley messy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!