PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands?

Stitch
18-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm going to get a new game on Friday and I saw Borderlands which comes out on Friday. I'm not sure if I will like it or not so can anyone tell me what this game is all about? Any similar games?

Fez
18-10-2009, 01:35 PM
It's basically Fallout 3 but with 4 player on-line co-op and no boring bits.

Stitch
18-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Awesome. I enjoyed Fallout 3 (except from the bugs).

Jord
18-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah it is basicly fallout 3 but with a 4 player co op not V.A.T.S And 3rd person shooter

Lost_Addict
19-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Imagine Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead had a illigitamate baby. which came out cell shaded. thats how i picture it.

Simmzay
20-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Imagine Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead had a illigitamate baby. which came out cell shaded. thats how i picture it.
Sounds pretty good.

Jord
20-10-2009, 03:19 PM

Maybe fallout 3 and counterstrike because you cant aim on L4D but you aim with the guns on counterstrike

Neil
20-10-2009, 06:54 PM
It's not fallout 3 dammit, it's Diablo 2 and just about any FPS, namely CoD and Halo, the game is set in a wasteland stylised like Mad Max, not freaking Fallout. ¬¬

Jord
20-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Diablo 2 Isnt even First person shooter o.o

fallout 3.

J0SH
21-10-2009, 02:26 AM
It's not fallout 3 dammit, it's Diablo 2 and just about any FPS, namely CoD and Halo, the game is set in a wasteland stylised like Mad Max, not freaking Fallout. ¬¬

I think they're reffering to it being similar to Fallout 3 being a FPS RPG, calm down.

Jord
21-10-2009, 02:32 AM
I think they're reffering to it being similar to Fallout 3 being a FPS RPG, calm down.

We are, And Diablo 2 not even FPS

Neil
21-10-2009, 06:55 AM
By RPG standards Fallout 3 and Borderlands are nothing alike, the loot system is pretty much identical to the one used in Diablo 2, you have no VATS, you can't switch to third person, it's not a "survival" game, the RPG system is closer to that of WoW or Diablo, not Fallout and really, don't try and argue because I've actually been following this game for a while and know more than enough to know it's more Diablo than Fallout 3 in every aspect of the RPG section it lives in, if you want to compare it to another FPS/RPG then think Hellgate London if anything.

Lost_Addict
21-10-2009, 03:26 PM
^^ yes buts its just a nexample of 2 games that everyone knows very well. the dynamics of the game are still similar to the once stating. diablo 2 isnt as well know, i've heard abotu ti but never played it. most likley the same as other people on this forum. i doubt you know to much about it simply because its not out yet.
and for bloody hells sake its just an example dont take it so seriously!

Ashley 12344
21-10-2009, 05:57 PM
^^ yes buts its just a nexample of 2 games that everyone knows very well. the dynamics of the game are still similar to the once stating. diablo 2 isnt as well know, i've heard abotu ti but never played it. most likley the same as other people on this forum. i doubt you know to much about it simply because its not out yet.
and for bloody hells sake its just an example dont take it so seriously!

I know what he means fully. People aren't really fully describing it, the only real similarity between Fallout is that their both a post apocolypse game.

From what I've seen, it runs almost entirely the same STRUCTURE as Diablo 2, as Neil was trying to say.

Neil
21-10-2009, 06:23 PM
i doubt you know to much about it simply because its not out yet.

I've been following the game for ages, I'm on the forum, I've read tons of previews and seen loads of videos, if you ask me a question about general things there is a good chance I know, obviously I don't know everything since I haven't played it but I certainly know enough to be able to say it's nothing like Fallout.

And you'd be surprised on how many people know what Diablo 2 is, it's a bigger game than that piece of garbage

Jord
21-10-2009, 06:49 PM
I've been following the game for ages, I'm on the forum, I've read tons of previews and seen loads of videos, if you ask me a question about general things there is a good chance I know, obviously I don't know everything since I haven't played it but I certainly know enough to be able to say it's nothing like Fallout.

And you'd be surprised on how many people know what Diablo 2 is, it's a bigger game than that piece of garbage

Fallout 3 Is like borderlands BECAUSE

There both set in a wasteland
Both have loads of weirdguns made from different parts
both FPS RPG

Borderlands like diablo 2 because

loot system

Ashley 12344
21-10-2009, 07:26 PM

both FPS RPG

loot system

Loot system, weapon and armour structure, map's and their structure, the single/multiplayer RPG.

So from what you said;
Both set in a wasteland - actually, if I want to go specific on that, so is Diablo II.
Weirdguns from different parts - the weapon structure is MORE similar to Diablo II. Granted, pistols etc. aren't, but thats the same with every game. The similarity between Fallout and Borderlands with weapons is the same with countless games, ie the nature of them. The actual structure of weapons is more similar to Diablo II.

Neil
21-10-2009, 07:52 PM

both FPS RPG

loot system

Again where you are wrong.

Fallout 3 "weird guns made from different parts" would be the work of people scavenging different parts to make guns, borderlands just randomly generates guns out of set pieces, the guns are also made the the "in game companys" so they're not weird guns made of parts they're just guns you'll find in the game, like you'll find an AK47 in CoD4.

The game is compared to Diablo 2 and any FPS by the developers aswell, the loot is styled on diablo 2, the map with randomly generated camps and stuff is something they got from diablo 2 (not in the same sense but yea).

Also diablo 2 uses the sort of mechanics of borderlands in the sense some loot you get is random and has different stats sometimes, the game CAN be compared to fallout 3 but it's nothing like fallout 3, if you want a deep RPG like fallout 3 then forget it because borderlands isn't it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!