PDA

View Full Version : Map Packs and Nazi Zombies

joshuar
19-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Right so here is a guy who doesn't really know much about xbox's but is trying this. I just need help getting my head around it and any confirmation that it works.

Basically I've borrowed my friends 360 for 2 weeks to curb my addiction to Nazi Zombies (I don't actually understand CoD, but I love the zombs). Now the friend i've borrowed the console and game off doesn't own any of the Map Packs (leaving just the first Nazi Zombie level).

So another friend who owns them all has given me his Live details and i've downloaded the 3 map packs nearly (he is currently playing on Live so i'm waiting for him to be done). When I've got them all and put the xbox in my room (where it can't be online) will I still be able to play on these Map Packs?

All help will receive a witty insult (for use on your friends or enemies) and some rep.

Robbie
19-10-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't think so but it's worth a try lol.

iAdam
19-10-2009, 08:36 PM
You can still use the map packs. Offline, single player or two player split screen only however.

I'm not sure if that method works :/ A similar one did on PS3 but yano.

joshuar
19-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Repped the pair of you, but the witty insults bit was a bit of a lie.

So even if I keep his profile signed in (even though it won't be online) there is a chance it might not work? I hate technology.

iAdam
19-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Nah, that should work, the packs are actually allowed to be downloaded onto three machines, you can still use them offline aswell, just has to be in singleplayer.

J0SH
19-10-2009, 08:49 PM
You'll have to buy them, because when you do purchase them it saves it onto your Xbox, so unless you bring that HDD to your friends house you can't play on the maps despite having them on the HDD :P

But I might be wrong, because Paul recovered an old account of Jord's and could play the arcade games, so maybe you can play while you've recovered his account?

iAdam
19-10-2009, 08:50 PM
That's what he's doing, recovering a friends account, then redownloading the map packs, which is actually, surprisingly, all legal and well.

Luke
19-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Not sure about the 360, however, I've done this to every COD map pack and about 20 games between 4 of us friends on PS3

And works fine.

Jord
19-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Doesnt work, Its cheating the map packs for someone else I've tried it didnt work

iAdam
19-10-2009, 09:19 PM
They're allowed to be downloaded on upto three machines, I read through t&c's while it was downloading, besides, he's offline after they've downloaded.

joshuar
20-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Doesnt work, Its cheating the map packs for someone else I've tried it didnt work

He's right. I've downloaded them, but can only play on them when i'm signed into his Live account. Which is a pain as they are on the system, so i'll just have to do it another way I guess...

Jord
20-10-2009, 05:24 PM
He's right. I've downloaded them, but can only play on them when i'm signed into his Live account. Which is a pain as they are on the system, so i'll just have to do it another way I guess...

Trust me man Xbl are to smart for stuff like that :l Its annoying as hell I waited like 3 hours to let my mate recover acc and me recovering it back just to find out it was a waste of time

iAdam
20-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Then complain, they are allowed to be put on three machines using the same account, it's in Treyarchs t's&c's about map packs.

Just sign into his account on the xbox, you don't have to be online.

J0SH
21-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Then complain, they are allowed to be put on three machines using the same account, it's in Treyarchs t's&c's about map packs.

Just sign into his account on the xbox, you don't have to be online.

Three different machines, not three different LIVE accounts. He's using the same console (machine) his friend is using I'm guessing?

iAdam
21-10-2009, 05:01 PM
He's borrowed a console off one friend, borrowing an account off another. He can still sign into the account when offline.

Pazza
21-10-2009, 05:04 PM
The way I do stuff like this is with my memory card, just put it on memory card, transfer to hard drive and put under cod WAW :)

J0SH
23-10-2009, 12:31 AM
He's borrowed a console off one friend, borrowing an account off another. He can still sign into the account when offline.

I'm pretty sure he's borrowed the guys console who is letting him re-download the packs to play.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!