PDA

View Full Version : The Palsternakka Mystery

HOSKO02
21-10-2009, 11:55 PM
I was reading the thread about the 'accidental' release of rares/supers in 04 under Callie's reign. The title for the catalogue page was 'Palsternakka'.

Palsternakka seems to be a Finnish word for 'parsnips', which makes sense due to Sulake being a Finnish company [though little logical sense ;o]. However, by using online translations I cannot unravel the text underneath the title describing the catalogue page contents.
Only certain words are apparent when translated from Finnish.

A further Google search of certain lines of the text consistently brings up pages of a very similar nature describing programming techniques in page space and scrolling, which is completely off-topic, surely?

Here's the text:

Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillem dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident.

Any help appreciated in translating this, so perhaps an English translation could be added to the Palsternakka topic for the future, and for pure curiosity reasons!

Laggings
22-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Kk, here's my references.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum
http://www.lipsum.com/

The text you are referring to is part of a dummy text known as 'Lorem Ipsum'.

The lorem ipsum text, which is typically a nonsensical list of semi-Latin words, is a hacked version of a Latin text by Cicero (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicero), with words/letters omitted and others inserted, but not proper Latin

The text is only part of the content, which is actually:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

I have not found a translator, and I don't think there is such since it's like a 'fake language', but this is the english translation thats on wiki.

Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?

It's a good find, odd that they used it :P

HOSKO02
22-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Wow! Nice research and findings! Glad this has been answered already ;P
Perhaps a MOD could organise adding the translation to the Palsternakka stickie for future reference? +Rep for your hard work Laggings! :D

Laurensh1
22-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Interesting? I don't think this should be stickied...? Just because one thing happened and I never heard about it earlier. :)

HOSKO02
22-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Interesting? I don't think this should be stickied...? Just because one thing happened and I never heard about it earlier. :)

No what I mean is there's a topic about the Palsternakka release in the 'Anything about rares and trading' forum that is a stickie. This text translation could simply be added to that post.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!