PDA

View Full Version : URGENT (+14REP) WHICH PRINTER?

Ostinato
22-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Hiya. Need advice quick.

I am going to buy a printer in an hour or two (I know short notice lol, just realised my printer is knackered and i have been meaning to get one anyway, and may aswell as it is just as dear to buy ink nowadays lol).

Anyway I have had a look on Argos and there are 2 that I like but I don't know which is better :s if any! lol So pls opinions!

no1 - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6705062/Trail/searchtext%3EPRINTER+SCANNER+COPIER.htm

no2 - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6704049/Trail/searchtext%3EPRINTER+SCANNER+COPIER.htm

Tomm
22-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Epson has higher quality printer but the HP has a higher quality scanner.

RyanDOT
22-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I got that Epson printer, very good in my opinion. Scanner ain't bad but it's decent but the printer is quite great.

Edit: Only one problem, it took me nearly an hour to plug in the wire from the printer to the computer, by taking out the cover with screws. That's the only downside, otherwise its' good.

Jordy
22-10-2009, 05:37 PM
HPs cause no end of problems, their crappy software is terrible, their ink costs a fortune and they're incredibly greedy in general.

Ostinato
22-10-2009, 05:46 PM
lol srsly?

Ive checked stock and its only the hp one I can get I have now realised! haha dont think i have much choice in the matter lol

N!ck
22-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I silghtly prefer the way the pages look when from HP printers in general. They'd both be fairly decent priinters though. I'd have a look at the prices of inks/how often they're going to need changing and base it on that.

The Professor
22-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I have a brother printer and wholeheartedly recommend it if that helps :P

For people who are saying the ink costs a bomb, you don't have to buy ink from the manufacturers just get a compatable ink cartridge from someone else :)

StefanWolves
22-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Get the EPSON if you can - definately, because it's cheaper ink, and it will save you a bomb in the long run.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!