PDA

View Full Version : School e-mail address??

StefanWolves
23-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Anyone got access too a '@ac.uk', '@ac.im', '@ac.gg', '@ac.je', '@open.ac.uk' or '@sch.uk' e-mail address? all I'm asking is for you to lend it me for five minutes whilst I get Windows 7! I'll give you the e-mail account back straight after.

I'll also give you £5 via PayPal for letting me use the e-mail.

Don't flame, I go to college but I don't get one of these e-mails, which I think is harsh... and I've already said I'd give it them back.

+REP if someone could lend me one. :/

Also, forgot to mention, PM me the e-mail address details if you are kind enough to lend it too me, and once I have done I will pay the money into your PayPal account. :)

Blob
23-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Do you get an email at all? E.g mine would be [email protected]

StefanWolves
23-10-2009, 08:36 PM
i get an email address called [email protected] - but that doesn't work, the teachers have an @sch.uk e-mail but they wont give them to students. :/

Anyone got an e-mail address I can lend pleaaaaaaasssssseeee?

scottish
23-10-2009, 08:40 PM
most people wouldn't give you access to their accounts, cause like mine has my info on it and all emails from uni lol

but ye i got an @ac.uk one

LucasLuke
23-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I have a .sch.uk from my secondary school. But I cant give that out as it has important stuff on it.

RandomManJay
23-10-2009, 08:59 PM
If you use another person's email address, you'll have to have their password as well to recieve the confirmation emails and download emails, as well as that, the user wont be able to get Windows 7 themselves because its one copy to one email address.

Recursion
23-10-2009, 09:07 PM
If I wasn't bound by certain problems I would make you a seperate one at the school I work at, sorry :(

Seatherny
23-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Why do you need the email? Do they send the serial to it? If not, then just ask the person to give you the link ...

Recursion
23-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Why do you need the email? Do they send the serial to it? If not, then just ask the person to give you the link ...

You need an educational e-mail address to have the serial and (maybe personalized?) download link sent to.

Nli.
23-10-2009, 09:37 PM
It's all for discount?

StefanWolves
23-10-2009, 09:43 PM
most people wouldn't give you access to their accounts, cause like mine has my info on it and all emails from uni lol

but ye i got an @ac.uk one

I wouldn't look at anything, I'd only use it for an hour tops (as people have said in this forum that I would need to keep it for a longer time) that or you could send me the link via MSN? and if it works then I'd send you the money straight after I've got it set up.

I have a .sch.uk from my secondary school. But I cant give that out as it has important stuff on it.

Read above :)

If you use another person's email address, you'll have to have their password as well to recieve the confirmation emails and download emails, as well as that, the user wont be able to get Windows 7 themselves because its one copy to one email address.

I know that, which is why I am offering money for the use of the e-mail.

If I wasn't bound by certain problems I would make you a seperate one at the school I work at, sorry :(

Thanks mate, appreciated. :) my school sucks.

You need an educational e-mail address to have the serial and (maybe personalized?) download link sent to.

Yeah, which is why I'm asking for access for like an hour until it's all done.

I agree, but you can't forward the e-mail, as the link wouldn't work after it's been forwarded.

It's all for discount?

Yep, for the discount. I'd even be willing to give £10 for the use of an e-mail for an hour, not £5, I need it quite urgently. :/

Blue
23-10-2009, 10:11 PM
.sch.uk alright?
If so pm me

StefanWolves
23-10-2009, 10:18 PM
e-mailed. :)

thanks for your help :D

Seatherny
23-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Link does work after forwaded. Its just a link with a password ... its a normal URL :S

Sorry I mean why does he need access to the account as the person can just give him the link ;)

StefanWolves
23-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Hmm, I just wondered, can I install this on a blank partition? or does it HAVE to be on the XP partition?

Yoshimitsui
23-10-2009, 11:19 PM
To do the student offer im sure they require id and contact your college to approve you are who you say you are.

Caution
23-10-2009, 11:21 PM
To do the student offer im sure they require id and contact your college to approve you are who you say you are.
No, they don't..

StefanWolves
23-10-2009, 11:21 PM

Really? :/

Yoshimitsui
23-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Well when a friend of mine form college purchased the Microsoft office under the student deal he had to have college confirm something to allow him to get it. As like you are trying to get it using someone else's email (although you have stated why) anybody could do it practically and therefore the process wouldn't work correctly.

StefanWolves
23-10-2009, 11:26 PM
I find it hard that they are going to check every single e-mail address... :P

Can anybody answer my question that I posted above? Can I install is on a blank partition? or does it have to be on the XP partition?

Jahova
24-10-2009, 08:22 AM
I got one. PM me if you still need it.

DJ-Ains.T
24-10-2009, 09:10 AM
You should be able to install it on a seperate partition, unless they've disabled it somehow... :S

StefanWolves
24-10-2009, 02:35 PM
I got one. PM me if you still need it.

My mate that goes to my school needs one, would you be willing to give it to him?

Jamieb
25-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Is mine any good? [email protected] . That what your after?

Jamie

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!