PDA

View Full Version : Really want a puppy

Rixion
24-10-2009, 12:42 AM
I've always loved dogs and wanted one since my grandads died 5 year ago. But my mam won't let me get one because she doesn't want to be stuck with it when im out and at school, so does anyone have any tips for persuading her or what I could do to show im commited to looking after a puppy? (:

Thanks, +rep for all help!

Calvin
24-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Owning a puppy is a big responsibility.

She probably thinks if you have one, as it gets older you'll lose interest in it and she'll have to pick up the pieces.

Perhaps try and get a job, e.g. a paperround and tell her with your pay you'll pay for the puppy, and agree to bath it and take it for walks.

Good luck :)

Rixion
24-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Owning a puppy is a big responsibility.

She probably thinks if you have one, as it gets older you'll lose interest in it and she'll have to pick up the pieces.

Perhaps try and get a job, e.g. a paperround and tell her with your pay you'll pay for the puppy, and agree to bath it and take it for walks.

Good luck :)

Yeah its a big responsibility and im prepared for that. I have the money for keeping it its just persuading her, thanks for the ideas. +rep (:

Calvin
24-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Also, ask for a trained one, cause im sure she certainly wont let you have an un-trained one :P

Laggings
24-10-2009, 04:16 AM
I find that telling someone your mature enough to have a puppy is never enough.
Start doing more things around the house, taking on more responsibilities, acting more mature (not 'snooty' mature though), and after a couple weeks, bring it up to your parents and use those as your background of getting a puppy :)

Rixion
24-10-2009, 02:41 PM
I find that telling someone your mature enough to have a puppy is never enough.
Start doing more things around the house, taking on more responsibilities, acting more mature (not 'snooty' mature though), and after a couple weeks, bring it up to your parents and use those as your background of getting a puppy :)
Thanks, I'll start doing little things then building it up.

(Can't+rep you sorry)

Jordan:A
29-10-2009, 07:20 PM
My mom was like that untill my sister convinced her.
And I got my puppy today :D

Nixt
29-10-2009, 07:25 PM
In order to convince my mum... I paid.

Kronics
29-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Just tell your mum that you are ready for this responsibility and grown up enough to accept this. Sit down with your mum and chat with her give her reasons she wants to hear as in why should she let you have it?

Maybe perhaps you want to look forward to seeing him/her after or school, and treat him/her as the closest and most personal friend and treat with the up most respect. That's what I was like whenever I had a new pet in the family :D Plus it's the puppies that are the hardest to look after until the age of 3/4 :) I hope this helps in some way.

Meree.
29-10-2009, 07:37 PM
It is a big responsibility especially when it's a puppy your gonna be taking care of! You gotta give it alot of love, feed it regually, give it treats every so often, clean its 'mess' up, take it for walks, and make it feel absolutely safe aswell as training it to be clean and calm around the house. This will carry them throughout they're child hood to when they become an adult, and will actually behave themselves! Just tell your mum you understand it takes alot of responsibility, and you will do all of the things that I listed above to take care of it. :) Hope this helps!

tdi
30-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Also, ask for a trained one, cause im sure she certainly wont let you have an un-trained one :P
ah yes, i forgot that puppies come pre-trained. good advice.

Richie
30-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Tell her that if she doesn't get you a puppy you'll put her in a home, works for me lalala

Mint
05-11-2009, 10:42 PM
First of all, they are only cuddly-cute for several months. Even though you say you won't, you might end up losing interest in it when it becomes older and less playful. If it's a big dog then be prepared to spend around £1-£2 a day on food. Adds up to (max) £60 a month which is almost £15 a week. Dogs require a lot of attention too, when your dog wants to go out for a walk which believe me, it will (every day), you might not feel like taking it but will have to do it. Sorry for being so negative but so many people buy puppies because they are cute and playful but then abandon them or neglect them when they get older. I'm sure you know all the ups of having a dog but you really need to consider the downs before making a decision. If I remember correctly our dobermans (pedigrees) were like £1,000+ each! Don't settle for a dog that you are only getting because it's cheap enough for you, you won't truly want it and will get bored of him/her even quicker.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!