PDA

View Full Version : Modern warfare 2 [PC] Disaster.

9y
24-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Infinity ward have announced that there will be NO DEDICATED SERVERS. Therefore you cannot buy servers and must run a game from one players computers, if that player leaves, the whole game ends. they will also no longer be accepting sponcers from companys (Such as Nvidia who brought us the map pack for free) and all content will have to be paid for.

Sign the petition against this.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dedis4mw

Jahova
24-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Almost 150,000 signatures and one of them is mine!

Laggings
24-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Well done, they just ruined MW2 Pc game.

Pwnr
24-10-2009, 05:37 PM
That sucks :(.

9y
24-10-2009, 05:51 PM
They are trying to be like consoles now, instead of the consols being like us.

Pwnr
24-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I agree, do you know what the limit is of players in one server?

Pyroka
24-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Wow I heard about this like early last week... Slow on the uptake much lol. Tbh it's their choice, they wont put dedi's in. Consoles wont be affected, and most players are whinging because they play big COD4 leagues and now this happens... so yeah, no biggie rly. My mate is raging over it cuz he paid for his server already lols, shame.

Stefy09
25-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Multiplayer is actually gonna be a big part of mw2, probably even more bigger than single player with what they've added (co-op etc), and personally I love to play on the packed servers, I hated playing multiplayer on ps3 cod4 because of the limit.

Neil
02-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Why would they make consoles like PCs?

Will this really matter? I'm sure most peoples PCs are capable on 34 player games hosted from them by now anyway so it wouldn't make sense if you couldn't have huge games still, if not oh well, you will just have to play the game as intended.

Edit - Never mind, it seems that IW will be the ones with the servers, doesn't this mean you'll still have huge games? :rolleyes:

Stitch
02-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Why would they make consoles like PCs?

Will this really matter? I'm sure most peoples PCs are capable on 34 player games hosted from them by now anyway so it wouldn't make sense if you couldn't have huge games still, if not oh well, you will just have to play the game as intended.

Edit - Never mind, it seems that IW will be the ones with the servers, doesn't this mean you'll still have huge games? :rolleyes:
What about mods though?

Fez
02-11-2009, 08:37 PM
What about mods though?
And custom content?

They are basically dumbing down Modern Warfare 2, to be quite frank.

Although it could be just an experiment to see if they can cheapen the costs for the PC version and get away with it.

jam666
03-11-2009, 12:36 AM
I heard about this and signed the petition the other day :), hopefully they will see sense and let us have dedicated servers!

Black_Apalachi
03-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Was MW1 not like this on PC? I'm used to it being like this on 360 :P.

Coheed&Cambria
03-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Was MW1 not like this on PC? I'm used to it being like this on 360 :P.

Nope. There making the pc version of MW2 like MW1+2's console multiplayer. Which means no mods and no custom content. MW1's multiplayer on pc was amazing, It was like TF2's where if you wanted just normal multiplayer, join a vanilla server but if you wanted one with user created maps and stuff, just join one of those servers, and everyone was happy with that.

It seems like us PC gamers are the ones left out this time.

Stephen!
04-11-2009, 11:46 PM
lol, PC multiplayer is capped at 9 v 9

Stefy09
05-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Like to see how much money they make compared to the first modern warfare. I'm not buying and lots of people cancelled their preorders when they found out.. Wonder how many will cancel preorders now they find out it's being capped at 9v9 Lol..

IW say they arent taking any notice of the petitions being made

pre-sales of the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 have amounted to just 8% of all platforms combined.

Lol fail

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!