PDA

View Full Version : Best Song 2009

Cheryl
26-10-2009, 09:21 AM
What do you think is the best song so far this year?

staypositive
27-10-2009, 02:33 PM
The Maccabees - No Kind Words

I think that was released this year? If not then I dunno.

Delhi
27-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Ke$ha - Tik Tok For Me:D

//Tom
27-10-2009, 03:57 PM
oopsy daisy - chipmunk or
down - lil wayne & jay sean

bamitsbev
27-10-2009, 04:09 PM
dizzee rascal: holiday
and tiao cruz: break your heart

Jakze
27-10-2009, 06:14 PM
dizzie rascal holiday or cobra starship good girls go bad ;')

untrustus
27-10-2009, 09:03 PM
The Maccabees - No Kind Words

I think that was released this year? If not then I dunno.
it sure was.

mine is probably:
the horrors - sea within a sea

-K8T!E-
28-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Any song off the scripts album :D

Gemma
28-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Jay Sean- Down ft. Lil' Wayne pls

Ironiik
28-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Has to be Run This Town Jay-Z Rihanna And Kanye West

Laurensh1
28-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Ke$ha - Tik Tok
Lady GaGa - Alejandro (leaked track from The Fame Monster)

PaulMacC
28-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Silent Flesh Century - In A Gameboy Poorly Lit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO_BK8vEtmY)
Mainstream music ftl, it's all crap and sucks.

untrustus
28-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Mainstream music ftl, it's all crap and sucks.

way to dismiss a lot of great music bro.

also, just thought i'd let you know that made you sound like a complete idiot.

Black_Apalachi
28-10-2009, 12:50 PM
way to dismiss a lot of great music bro.

also, just thought i'd let you know that made you sound like a complete idiot.

He's completely right though. I'd have to spend some time to decide on my answer to the question, but nothing I posted would be as mainstream as everything else in the thread so none of you would like it anyway :P.

Laurensh1
28-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Loads of people say mainstream music is crap. But it's mainstream.
It's the most bought music...

Black_Apalachi
28-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Loads of people say mainstream music is crap. But it's mainstream.
It's the most bought music...

Bought by the same people who vote for John & Edward to stay on X Factor.

Axel
28-10-2009, 04:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIi6Yq2b_j0

kk.
28-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Bought by the same people who vote for John & Edward to stay on X Factor.
i think youll find that people who are voting for them are people who like non-mainstream music.. loads of the people on my facebook which want j+e in are people who listen to non mainstream

PaulMacC
28-10-2009, 05:57 PM
i think youll find that people who are voting for them are people who like non-mainstream music.. loads of the people on my facebook which want j+e in are people who listen to non mainstream
That's just 100-200 people.
Most of the people on my facebook want them to stay and they listen to mainstream music. The only problem I have with mainstream music is that 99% of it is so bad, cheesey and the lyrics are utter rubbish. Things like Miley Cyrus get 30 million views on YouTube while songs that mean something and have truth in them while still being good at the same time get like 1 million.
Mainstream Music is fueled mostly by idiotic teenage girls/boys who think Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Chris Brown etc. are the best thing since sliced bread.

untrustus
28-10-2009, 08:21 PM
dismissing all mainstream music is stupid though. if the music you liked got mainstream, would you stop liking it because of that? also whoever said "none of you would no the song i'm gonna post anyway" - you're a fool.

Sex1
28-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Calvin Harris - I'm not alone

dirrty
28-10-2009, 08:41 PM
jay-z - empire state of mind
jay-z - young forever
david guetta ft. akon - sexy *****
calvin harris - flashback
booty luv - say it (nero remix - not original)
dizzee rascal - holiday (nero remix)

don't have a 'best 2009 song', rather a few.

Starburst..x
28-10-2009, 09:06 PM
That's just 100-200 people.
Mainstream Music is fueled mostly by idiotic teenage girls/boys who think Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Chris Brown etc. are the best thing since sliced bread.
Now where is your genuine evidence that mainstream music is "fueled mostly by idiotic teenage girls/boys" when mainstream music can hold different genres of music, not just what is stereotypically seen a 'pop' music?

kk.
28-10-2009, 09:32 PM
dismissing all mainstream music is stupid though. if the music you liked got mainstream, would you stop liking it because of that? also whoever said "none of you would no the song i'm gonna post anyway" - you're a fool.

actually, youd be surprised that most people say too many people like thme now so i dont. lol

untrustus
28-10-2009, 10:23 PM
actually, youd be surprised that most people say too many people like thme now so i dont. lol
just because 'most people' do it, doesn't mean it's right.

kk.
28-10-2009, 10:26 PM
im not saying its right, in fact the contrary. you shouldnt like music just because someone else does, nor should you dislike it because everyone else has started to like it, or dislike it.

dirrty
28-10-2009, 10:33 PM
im not saying its right, in fact the contrary. you shouldnt like music just because someone else does, nor should you dislike it because everyone else has started to like it, or dislike it.
yeah, people should like music purely based upon that alone. its preposterous that people stop listening to music because their fan base has grown :S

kk.
28-10-2009, 10:36 PM
im confused? i said people shouldnt

untrustus
28-10-2009, 10:39 PM
yeah, people should like music purely based upon that alone. its preposterous that people stop listening to music because their fan base has grown :S
what are you on about?

dirrty
28-10-2009, 10:43 PM
im confused? i said people shouldnt
i was agreeing with you lol. the latter part wasn't aimed at you - but partly aimed at paul & others who dismiss mainstream music because its 'mainstream'. also that they should judge an artist on their music, not on the size of their fanbase or whether they're popular or not. if you were talking about the opposite, then i probably just read your post wrong lol. think i'm just confusing myself, and seems everyone else anyway :l

kk.
28-10-2009, 10:46 PM
haha no i thoguht your post was being sarcastic towards my post thinking i said people should only like music music based on what other people think lol

Black_Apalachi
29-10-2009, 01:17 AM
i was agreeing with you lol. the latter part wasn't aimed at you - but partly aimed at paul & others who dismiss mainstream music because its 'mainstream'. also that they should judge an artist on their music, not on the size of their fanbase or whether they're popular or not. if you were talking about the opposite, then i probably just read your post wrong lol. think i'm just confusing myself, and seems everyone else anyway :l

It's a great coincidence how most mainstream music is rubbish then isn't it. It is only mainstream because of the image associated with it, rather than the ability of the artist. Basically a fashion.

PaulMacC
29-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Mainstream music is appealing the many, which is usually cheesy lyrics accompanied by bad backing tracks. I can only think of a handful of semi-decent artists who are mainstream. I do not listen to mainstream because I find the majority of the artists bad, people overplay the songs too.

Blinger1
29-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Best diss song... Warning - Eminem, i just like most of the rhymes..

lPinoy
29-10-2009, 01:32 PM
forever - drake ft. kanye west, lil wayne & eminem.
or
run this town - jay-z ft. rihanna & kanye west
empire state of mind - jay-z ft. alicia keys
young forever - jay-z ft. mr. hudson

i couldnt decide

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!