PDA

View Full Version : Netflix coming to PS3

Jordan3606
26-10-2009, 04:14 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/26/netflix-is-coming-to-the-ps3/

Every day another reason not to renew your XBL Gold appears... :P

Its probably US only which sucks for those of us in the EU, but whatever, its good news anyways lol

dbgtz
26-10-2009, 04:21 PM
iPlayer is enough for me, also I'd rather physically have the dvd went renting.

Also isn't the PS3 getting the cross-chat thingy? :P

lBlue
26-10-2009, 04:28 PM

Its probably US only which sucks for those of us in the EU, but whatever, its good news anyways lol
I guess you didn't hear all the trouble about FIFA online on the PS3 huh?

Neil
26-10-2009, 04:36 PM

I'm pretty sure you don't even need XBL gold to rent movies on XBL anyway (from XBL not netflix), you have to pay for it either way so yea, XBL is still better.

Apeel2
26-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah 'cos one publisher buying cheaper servers means that the whole system sucks.

-.-'

Jordan3606
26-10-2009, 08:03 PM
iPlayer is enough for me, also I'd rather physically have the dvd went renting.

Also isn't the PS3 getting the cross-chat thingy? :P

Apparently it is, there's a rumour that its in the 3.10 update, because some Sony guy let it slip in an interview or something, so hopefully :P

How about Gears of War 2?

I'm pretty sure you don't even need XBL gold to rent movies on XBL anyway (from XBL not netflix), you have to pay for it either way so yea, XBL is still better.

Yeah, but thats not relevant seeing as you dont need to pay a subsription fee to rent movies from PSN either... You have to be an XBL Gold member to use Netflix - you wont on PSN. Of course, there are the Netflix fee's, but thats applicable to both consoles

Neil
26-10-2009, 08:23 PM
How about Gears of War 2?

Yeah, but thats not relevant seeing as you dont need to pay a subsription fee to rent movies from PSN either... You have to be an XBL Gold member to use Netflix - you wont on PSN. Of course, there are the Netflix fee's, but thats applicable to both consoles

I'll just add "Killzone 2" & "Resistance 2" :)

Also you can rent movies on the PS3?! o.O

Netflix is stupid and US only anyway, even with the digital download section that's still a "maybe" with it coming to UK 360. >.<

Anyway, even though Microsoft is just as corrupt as sony at it has a better chance of getting decent amounts of DLC and games that aren't terrible clones

dbgtz
26-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Hes saying if it came. Terrible clones? You mean a sandbox, probably larger world detective game being a terrible clone of GTA? Well lets wait until it's out.

Btw I don't know what you mean about KZ2 and R2, they have no online problems and I've played them both with not the best connection.

Neil
27-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Hes saying if it came. Terrible clones? You mean a sandbox, probably larger world detective game being a terrible clone of GTA? Well lets wait until it's out.

Btw I don't know what you mean about KZ2 and R2, they have no online problems and I've played them both with not the best connection.

No they're terrible games to play online I mean, compared to some of the other PS3 games.

Also what are you talking about a large detective game? :S I don't care, sandbox games are boring now.

Technologic
27-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I thought people were over the whole console bashing thing?

Fez
27-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Me too.

Anyway, to explain this to Neil, the video download service has been exclusive for a year and a half now and it's coming to us Europeans on Nov 20th. It's took a while because of all the translations...

UK needs its own PSN store.

dbgtz
27-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Ye we do :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!