PDA

View Full Version : Peggy Quits Eastenders!!

Titch
28-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Actress Barbara Windsor, who plays Peggy Mitchell in EastEnders, is to leave the BBC One soap next year.

The 72-year-old has played the Albert Square matriarch since 1994.
The star, who won a lifetime achievement gong at this year's British Soap Awards, said she wanted to spend more time with her husband.

"I'll be so sad to leave Peggy behind. EastEnders has been wonderful to me and it's no secret that it changed my life all of those years ago," she said.

She added that Peggy has been a "wonderful character to play", and singled out showing the Queen around the set of EastEnders as "something that will stay with me forever".

"I'm looking forward to the future and I suppose when all's said and done, I should spend a bit more time with my old man, as he's not getting any younger."
Windsor's agent Barry Burnett told BBC News that the star had no intention of retiring from showbusiness.

"Oh no, absolutely not, can you imagine that? Anyone who knows Barbara knows what she's like," he said.
EastEnders executive producer Diederick Santer described Windsor's character as "truly iconic".
"Barbara has contributed so much to EastEnders over the last 15 years, plus countless episodes, and countless amazing storylines.
"She has made the Mitchells the premiere family of British soap," he added.

"I so much enjoy working with her - catching up with the gossip, listening to her stories, talking about the show, benefiting from her advice, and most importantly revelling in her powerful, funny, passionate performances.

"All of us at EastEnders - and our audience - are going to miss her hugely."

Killed off?

Producers have not revealed how her character will be written out of the show.
But bookmaker William Hill has odds of 1/3 that she leaves and 9/4 that she is killed off.
Phil Mitchell is 6/4 favourite to take over as landlord of the Queen Vic, with Janine Butcher at 6/1.

"We think that the BBC will let Peggy retire gracefully rather that the usual bloody ending," said William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams.

Jahova
28-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I want Philip to become the landlord. Archie might though because he has an evil plan.

ifuseekamy
28-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I want Philip to become the landlord. Archie might though because he has an evil plan.
Don't read if you don't like plots being ruined:
Archie gets killed at christmas

Calvin
28-10-2009, 07:44 PM

if you dont wanna find out what happens then dont open the spoiler.

archie is supposed to be killed off at christmas

DjNina
28-10-2009, 07:49 PM
ah i love peggie :(
cry
and shock about archie lols!

dbgtz
28-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Not Peggethy!

Why are the best characters mitchells? Except Ben, lol!

adaym
28-10-2009, 11:50 PM
ah i love peggie :(
cry
and shock about archie lols!
way to spoil spoilers.

Black_Apalachi
29-10-2009, 01:26 AM
they may as well end the show :P

Cubol
29-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Aww, she's so good but urh well she has been in the acting industy for years!

Soap gossip, don't read if you don't wish to be told what happens;
Ronnie and Roxies mum Glinda returns and bumps into Archie, not very happy after hearing all what his done to Ronnie and Peggy she has a evil plan - is she another Mitchell Murderer?

Lee
04-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Poor Peggy eh! Liked her once.

Isolde
08-01-2010, 10:47 PM
About time the coffin dodger lies in her coffin finally.

Black_Apalachi
09-01-2010, 12:46 AM
she's not dead!!!!!!! why do you keep assuming peeps are dead irl ;l lmao :P

Richie
09-01-2010, 01:48 AM
she quit because she was annoyed that nobody in eastenders owned their own washing machine and wanted to show up dot

Orangeesh
09-01-2010, 01:54 AM
lol bout time...

leah
09-01-2010, 02:35 AM
:'( pegggyyyy

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!