PDA

View Full Version : US economy is growing once again

StefanWolves
29-10-2009, 05:05 PM
The US economy grew at an annual pace of 3.5% between July and September, its first expansion in more than a year.
The growth was helped by a substantial government spending plan, including a scrappage scheme to boost car sales.
The official figures indicate recession has ended, but some economists think there could be further setbacks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8331497.stm

They've left us behind.

But what happened to our special relationship!!! ******* :'(

Shame on your Gordon Brown.

GommeInc
29-10-2009, 05:33 PM
:O But Gordon Brown was meant to be the world hero. Isn't he amazing, getting GB out of the recession :rolleyes:

This just puts Gordon Brown into more shame :/

But in other news, the recession wasn't as amazing as first thought, alot of people haven't actually been effected it would seem. People have been, and quite badly, but the idea of the recession ending Britain was premature at best.

kk.
29-10-2009, 05:35 PM
why are you attacking gordon brown

The growth was helped by a substantial government spending plan, including a scrappage scheme to boost car sales.

thsi is exactly what the UK have done, it could just be that were taking more time to stimulate growth, being that the US economy is vastly larger than ours

StefanWolves
29-10-2009, 05:36 PM
He was the worlds hero but forgot the UK.

-:Undertaker:-
29-10-2009, 05:46 PM
How anybody could still have confidence in Gordon Brown is beyond me, but at least when hes gone we can still remember him by his massive amount of debt hes built up for us all to pay off with higher taxes and lower spending.

Thanks Labour! (again)

GommeInc
29-10-2009, 06:10 PM
why are you attacking gordon brown

thsi is exactly what the UK have done, it could just be that were taking more time to stimulate growth, being that the US economy is vastly larger than ours
It's larger, yes, but that should suggest they will recover slower than us, while we're smaller we should recover faster (using that logic).

And the car scrappage scheme isn't that amazing. I bought a car before the scheme, and when the scheme came into action I noticed my car had increased in value, considering dealerships are putting up their car prices so they can make more money out of the scrappage, which is okay in terms of economy, but for the buyer they're not getting the world's greatest deal :P

Ardemax
03-11-2009, 08:06 PM
well it's all gold and toffee for them

Jordy
03-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Doesn't really seem like it's out recession though, it's just because of all the money the governments poured into the economy. The fact is, businesses are still failing and unemployment is massive in the US. It looks good on paper that they're out of recession and it is a step in the right direction but they're still making relatively small progress.

StefanWolves
03-11-2009, 10:54 PM
I agree, I can see the US & other European countries jumping the gun and then slumping back into recession, at least that is what I hope anyway. We'll be out of recessions after Christmas anyways.

leah
03-11-2009, 10:56 PM
hopefully we can follow in their footsteps

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!