PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 - Tomorrow

luce
30-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I think this may get moved as i only wonder into these forum when i need your help. It's actually rather daunting seen as i'm ignorant to everything more technical then setting up a gaming console.

Anyway im getting an elite tomorrow and I just wondered the wireless controllers do they need batteries or do they come with those rechargeable packs in. If they don't ill just have to buy the charging set with the black back in i spose :)

Also good games? don't care what genre and can someone tell me the costs of live. i figured this would be quicker then finding it all out myself

+rep to any answer that helps me :D!

RyanDOT
30-10-2009, 09:59 AM
I think this may get moved as i only wonder into these forum when i need your help. It's actually rather daunting seen as i'm ignorant to everything more technical then setting up a gaming console.

Anyway im getting an elite tomorrow and I just wondered the wireless controllers do they need batteries or do they come with those rechargeable packs in. If they don't ill just have to buy the charging set with the black back in i spose :)

Also good games? don't care what genre and can someone tell me the costs of live. i figured this would be quicker then finding it all out myself

+rep to any answer that helps me :D!

Rechargable kit, you can charge it whilst playing a game as well.

luce
30-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Rechargable kit, you can charge it whilst playing a game as well.

so it comes with the rechargeable kit already in the premium or i will have to buy it separate?

Eoin
30-10-2009, 10:02 AM
oo an elite.. very nice, they hardly break.
I think the controller youll get will take batterys, most of them do, you can get a play and charge for faily cheap though.
The new call of dutys out soon I think, but its goin to be quite expensive. FIFA 10? I dont know havent bought a game in ages ha!
Live costs from £5 a month to £35 a year, cheapest live ive found was offf ebay - 1 year for £25.

Hope it helps :)

Jahova
30-10-2009, 10:23 AM
oo an elite.. very nice, they hardly break.
I think the controller youll get will take batterys, most of them do, you can get a play and charge for faily cheap though.
The new call of dutys out soon I think, but its goin to be quite expensive. FIFA 10? I dont know havent bought a game in ages ha!
Live costs from £5 a month to £35 a year, cheapest live ive found was offf ebay - 1 year for £25.

Hope it helps :)
Regarding your 'they hardly break' comment. Your comment is false, all the hardware inside the elite is exactly the same as the hardware inside of the premium or arcade consoles. There is just a different faceplate / colour scheme on the elite.

Also, the elite does not come with a rechargeable kit. You have to either purchase one yourself or go and buy some rechargeable batteries. I suggest choosing one from these: http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/videos/top-5/top-5-rechargeable-batteries

Regards, Tom.

Eoin
30-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Regarding your 'they hardly break' comment. Your comment is false, all the hardware inside the elite is exactly the same as the hardware inside of the premium or arcade consoles. There is just a different faceplate / colour scheme on the elite.

Also, the elite does not come with a rechargeable kit. You have to either purchase one yourself or go and buy some rechargeable batteries. I suggest choosing one from these: http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/videos/top-5/top-5-rechargeable-batteries

Regards, Tom.

:O so its an extra £40-£50 for a different faceplate and a paintjob. I was gonna buy one but not now, thanks :)

adaym
30-10-2009, 10:53 AM
:O so its an extra £40-£50 for a different faceplate and a paintjob. I was gonna buy one but not now, thanks :)
No, it's not.

Bigger HDD and HDMI however it's rather unnoticeable.

luce
30-10-2009, 11:02 AM
i think black looks hot and the deal im getting is the console with fifa 10 and halo 3 for 175 (we dnt pay VAT here) so it's worth it. I will get COD 5 i think i don't know i will see what is around in the January sales LOL

Jahova
30-10-2009, 11:19 AM
No, 120GB HDD and more cables. Sorry, I thought that you already knew of these things.

luce
30-10-2009, 11:52 AM
what actually comes in the box with the elite

Jahova
30-10-2009, 01:50 PM
what actually comes in the box with the elite
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/hardware/x/xbox360elitesystem/default.htm
Look at "What's in the box". If you want to play on Xbox live wirelessly (without an ethernet cable), then you will have to buy an Xbox 360 wireless adapter, which is around £35 upwards.

Black_Apalachi
30-10-2009, 02:11 PM
This is the first time I've actually heard of anyone getting an Elite lol. If my memory serves me right, the controllers will only come with a cable to connect them to the console so you can power them from the console. You'll have to buy the charger packs separately.

As for games, other than FIFA, CoD 4: Modern Warfare is all I've played on any console for months! :P

Jahova
30-10-2009, 02:41 PM
This is the first time I've actually heard of anyone getting an Elite lol. If my memory serves me right, the controllers will only come with a cable to connect them to the console so you can power them from the console. You'll have to buy the charger packs separately.

As for games, other than FIFA, CoD 4: Modern Warfare is all I've played on any console for months! :P
They (the controllers) don't even come with cables. I should know, I have one.

Jam
30-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Component Cables
HDMI Cable
AV Cable
Scart Adapator (I think)
120GB HDD
Power Brick
Power Cable

And yeah, you'll need to buy the £15 Plug & Charge kit for each of your controller(s)

Black_Apalachi
30-10-2009, 03:02 PM
They (the controllers) don't even come with cables. I should know, I have one.

Oh sorry, we have one cable so I thought it came with it. I knew the charger packs and wireless internet adapter didn't come with it though.

It charges the charger packs but it can also be used to power the controller with no batteries/charger pack.

HotelUser
30-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I regret not buying the extended warranty. If it's cheap you should get it.

StefanWolves
03-11-2009, 01:43 AM

Regards, Tom.

bit of a bump but its worthy.

i just ordered the uniross easy charger + four batteries because i saw how good they were on the link you provided, you can get them cheap from here; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Uniross-Charger-2700mAh-Performance-Batteries/dp/B0013HHDY0
£12.00 for 4 batteries and the charger.
btw this is the 'easy charge' set. all batteries charge in 16hours which is absolutely fine for me, i'd rather pay less money and get the same batteries but a less charging time than spend more on something that i dont'e need.

+rep anyway

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!