PDA

View Full Version : Turtlebeach

Black_Apalachi
30-10-2009, 02:39 PM
My brother's new one came the other day (old one sent back to Play.com and refunded due to faulty mic). The other problem with the old one was a buzzing noise which could be heard whenever the mic was connected. This still occurs with the new one though. :l Apart from that it's working OK so far (although I haven't had a chance to try it out myself yet).

The only thing is, my brother got this one from Play Trade as Play.com themselves were sold out so if this one turns out to have problems too, I'm not sure if he'll be able to definitely get a refund again. :/

Oleh
30-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I would reccommend trying a different controller as the headset jack may be faulty

Jahova
30-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Also, the wire connection from the TB headset to the controller may be faulty.

dbgtz
30-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Is it a 360 or the PS3 one?

Black_Apalachi
30-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Is it a 360 or the PS3 one?

Also, the wire connection from the TB headset to the controller may be faulty.

Everything to do with the TB has been replaced though.

I would reccommend trying a different controller as the headset jack may be faulty

+rep for this, it's so obvious but a good suggestion. I won't have a chance to try it until tomorrow but thanks :).

J0SH
31-10-2009, 11:43 AM
TB chat leads are terrible, everyone I know their chat lead has broke randomly at some point, including mine. You should be able to get a new one under warranty. I doubt they'd ship a product that isn't working, it's probably your controller.

Jord
31-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Could be the controller, Or the chat lead,

one of my controllers is broken in the mic bit and it buzzes like hell but in other controllers my microphone is fine

Black_Apalachi
31-10-2009, 01:08 PM
I tried the other controller last night while I was just playing offline, but I had the mic on maximum volume and there was no buzzing :D. Thanks for the help!

Jord
31-10-2009, 02:01 PM
No problem :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!