View Full Version : Carling Cup Quarter-Finals Draw

-Heart
31-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Carling Cup Quarter-Finals Draw

Blackburn Rovers vs Chelsea
Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur
Portsmouth vs Aston Villa
Manchester City vs Arsenal

Some interesting ties, the main one for me being City-Arsenal.

lBlue
31-10-2009, 12:35 PM
KIDDLY FIDDLING. COME ON YOU *****. ADES GONNA ******* HAVE YOU *****.

AlexOC
31-10-2009, 02:23 PM
We beat Arsenal 4 - 2, so when we play their kids....

lBlue
31-10-2009, 02:26 PM
We beat Arsenal 4 - 2, so when we play their kids....
If you're not already try and get in 110 or near it for this game.

Jibbish
31-10-2009, 02:48 PM
got portsmouth away
should be an easy stroll to wembley :P

CHA!NGANG
31-10-2009, 03:14 PM
got portsmouth away

You'd probably be playing Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal in the Semi's though :P

And you won 4-2 last time, but we will see this time. I'd laugh if you play your full team and we played kids. If you beat them it's nothing to be proud of but I really hope either we both play kids or full team. Either way, will be a good game. If you do beat us then you'd probably play United which, well will also be a good game but I doubt you'd win that either.

Jibbish
31-10-2009, 03:53 PM

And you won 4-2 last time, but we will see this time. I'd laugh if you play your full team and we played kids. If you beat them it's nothing to be proud of but I really hope either we both play kids or full team. Either way, will be a good game. If you do beat us then you'd probably play United which, well will also be a good game but I doubt you'd win that either.
but we play good
against big four :P

-Heart
31-10-2009, 06:40 PM

Even if they do play Chelsea, United or Arsenal in the semis, Villa will be well up for winning the Carling Cup and I wouldn't at all be surprised if they got to the final.

You say it won't be anything to be proud of for City, but it looks like your already slightly talking up your chances of going through saying that Arsenal will "probably" be in the semi-finals. The way I see it, City will of beaten Arsenal twice before the half way point of the season, once against their first team and once against their second string if they win this match. It'll be an interesting tie, but I'm just saying they've already beaten you once - so Arsene will want revenge. He'll also (finally) want to get some silverware after a number of seasons without.

My predictions for the Quarters are as follows.

If my predictions are correct, it'll be 4 very interesting semi-final matches.

CHA!NGANG
31-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Even if they do play Chelsea, United or Arsenal in the semis, Villa will be well up for winning the Carling Cup and I wouldn't at all be surprised if they got to the final.

You say it won't be anything to be proud of for City, but it looks like your already slightly talking up your chances of going through saying that Arsenal will "probably" be in the semi-finals. The way I see it, City will of beaten Arsenal twice before the half way point of the season, once against their first team and once against their second string if they win this match. It'll be an interesting tie, but I'm just saying they've already beaten you once - so Arsene will want revenge. He'll also (finally) want to get some silverware after a number of seasons without.

My predictions for the Quarters are as follows.

If my predictions are correct, it'll be 4 very interesting semi-final matches.

Well as an Arsenal fan I wouldn't admit that City are defo going to go through but it depends on the teams played. If it's Citys first team against our youth then yes I'd say City would obviously be favourites but if it's both first teams, then I have to say that even though they beat us before I'm sure we can beat them if we are on form that day. If it's City's youth against our youth which I highly doubt it will be then I have to say we look favourites.

Oh and yeah I know Villa will be up for it but the poster said they have an easy trip to Wembley, and they might beat Portsmouth yeah but then they have to play probably: Chelsea, United and Arsenal/City, which is definently not easy :P But yeah I'm not writing Villa off at all but just saying it won't be easy as origionally posted.

luce
31-10-2009, 08:22 PM
got portsmouth away

yeah but it's all they have to play for so you never know. I fancy our chances in getting to the semis :D

AlexOC
31-10-2009, 09:44 PM
If you're not already try and get in 110 or near it for this game.

Umm why?

adaym
31-10-2009, 09:49 PM
yeah but it's all they have to play for so you never know. I fancy our chances in getting to the semis :D
you mean that, the fa cup and surviving relegation?

the 3 things they were playing for at the start of the season, what are you on about?

Jibbish
31-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Well as an Arsenal fan I wouldn't admit that City are defo going to go through but it depends on the teams played. If it's Citys first team against our youth then yes I'd say City would obviously be favourites but if it's both first teams, then I have to say that even though they beat us before I'm sure we can beat them if we are on form that day. If it's City's youth against our youth which I highly doubt it will be then I have to say we look favourites.

Oh and yeah I know Villa will be up for it but the poster said they have an easy trip to Wembley, and they might beat Portsmouth yeah but then they have to play probably: Chelsea, United and Arsenal/City, which is definently not easy :P But yeah I'm not writing Villa off at all but just saying it won't be easy as origionally posted.
oh sorry, i thought the league cup semis were played at wembley my bad :P

StefanWolves
31-10-2009, 11:32 PM
they are, aren't they? they were last year.

CHA!NGANG
01-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Oh I thought you meant Wembley as in the Final. Yea semis probably are too, makes sense.

-Heart
01-11-2009, 10:58 AM
they are, aren't they? they were last year.
No, they weren't. Your thinking of the FA Cup.

Oh I thought you meant Wembley as in the Final. Yea semis probably are too, makes sense.
The semi finals are 2 legs, so both team's home ground.

luce
01-11-2009, 11:07 AM
you mean that, the fa cup and surviving relegation?

the 3 things they were playing for at the start of the season, what are you on about?

they will fancy their chances of getting to wembly give the team a bit of a boost so they will be well up for it where as other teams may see it as the clowns cup.

CHA!NGANG
01-11-2009, 11:13 AM
No, they weren't. Your thinking of the FA Cup.

The semi finals are 2 legs, so both team's home ground.

Oriteee yeah kk.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!