PDA

View Full Version : do uk accept gurnsey £2 coins??

Unbilotitled
04-11-2009, 07:55 PM
i just got given 2 £2 gurnesey coins, for 20 **** i brought back from hol.

can i use these in uk...?

Swearwolf
04-11-2009, 07:57 PM
yeah guernsey is in the UK

Accipiter
04-11-2009, 08:09 PM
omg...

they're square!?!?!?!

cocaine
04-11-2009, 08:10 PM
no we dont want your gypsy money

Unbilotitled
04-11-2009, 08:15 PM
no we dont want your gypsy money

you are bolt mate...you are bolt...

cocaine
04-11-2009, 08:37 PM
you are bolt mate...you are bolt...

you whattttt

Chippiewill
04-11-2009, 08:50 PM
i just got given 2 £2 gurnesey coins, for 20 **** i brought back from hol.

can i use these in uk...?

I think you'll find Pal, that's legal tender

Click here for audio version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1j31AnF1zs#t=2m55s)

GommeInc
04-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I believe so? You can use Scottish pound coins in the UK and they follow the same rates etc. Probably best to ask Google :P

xxMATTGxx
04-11-2009, 11:16 PM
I think you can. Since Guernsey is part of the United Kingdom and since you use the same currency "Pound sterling" then why not?

Edit:

The Guernsey pound is legal tender only in Guernsey but also circulates freely in Jersey and is acceptable in most places in the U.K. which will accept Scottish and Northern Irish notes.

Been on a few sites. Some of them say yeah there shouldn't be a problem but others say you may have problems due to it only being a legal tender in Guernsey and so on.

Black_Apalachi
04-11-2009, 11:26 PM
yeah guernsey is in the UK

I think you can. Since Guernsey is part of the United Kingdom and since you use the same currency "Pound sterling" then why not?

No it's notttttttttt it's part of the British Empire (I'm not even sure if that's the correct way to describe it but it's definitely not in the UK). But yeah, it is legal tender.

I believe so? You can use Scottish pound coins in the UK and they follow the same rates etc. Probably best to ask Google :P

I've pulled out Scottish and Northern Irish 20 pound notes before and people behind the counter in shops get so confused! :P

I was given 2 Euros change from the petrol station but I didn't notce until I got home. Scammers. :l

Metric1
05-11-2009, 03:30 AM
ilove smokin@@@@

xxMATTGxx
05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
No it's notttttttttt it's part of the British Empire (I'm not even sure if that's the correct way to describe it but it's definitely not in the UK). But yeah, it is legal tender.

I've pulled out Scottish and Northern Irish 20 pound notes before and people behind the counter in shops get so confused! :P

I was given 2 Euros change from the petrol station but I didn't notce until I got home. Scammers. :l

They are lucky people not being part of the EU :(.

tdi
07-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Yes. Currency from geurnsey is sterling and legal tender in the UK.

Jordy
07-11-2009, 11:57 PM
The Channel Islands are not in the UK, the way to describe them are "British Crown Dependencies".

Legally shops have to accept Guernsey coins, however certain places will most likely be fussy or confused, corner shops for example.

alexxxxx
09-11-2009, 09:52 PM
beat this. i got a fawkland islands £1 in change before. now that's come a long way.

i've never had a problem spending isle of man, guernesy, jersey £1 coins. They all look exactly the same right? but just have an odd side.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!