PDA

View Full Version : EU plans to ban loud mp3s, mobile phones & ipods

-:Undertaker:-
05-11-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.ukip.org/content/latest-news/1309-nattrass-blast-for-noise-police

http://www.mp3-expert.co.uk/mp3-news/ipod/possible-ban-on-loud-music-on-ipods__id-111

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2653975/Loud-music-ban-on-iPod-players-and-mobile-phones.html

UKIP MEP Mike Nattrass has raised the volume over EU plans stopping people listening to loud music on their mobiles and MP3 players.
The West Midlands MEP has ghetto-blasted the EU over plans which will strictly limit noise levels on music players. If Brussels bureaucrats get their way, future music devices will have to be manufactured to restrict noise levels.

But Mr Nattrass believes the EU is once more taking away people’s freedom of choice and says the plans will not be music to many people’s ears. “If Napoleonic Law suggests we should play Led Zep 'tranquillo' then we should set Robert Plant on them,” said Mr Nattrass. “Again, the EU is poking its nose in where it does not belong ... our ears."

“I believe when music becomes a noise disturbance to others then of course it should not be tolerated. There is nothing more annoying than loud music blaring from someone’s mobile on public transport.", “But, I believe the EU has hit another flat note with these plans. People are having choice and freedom taken away from them.

“Protecting people’s hearing is of great importance but why should we have to comply with EU concepts. This is the wrong parliament making the wrong noises and affecting choice. Will they decide which performer is too noisy next?", “It is time we said a loud NO to the EU.", “This form of Eurovision song contest we can do without,” he added.

Yet more interferring from the European Union, I think if someones ears are hurting from loud music on their mobile phone, ipod or mp3 then they have the individual common sense to turn it down. It is somebodys choice what they play their music at, not the choice of a group of unelected eurocrats in the unelected European Union. I'm going to keep posting EU news, because its important that people see just how much of an effect this corrupt organisation (soon to be a state within its own right) has on our lives.

Mathew
05-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Nanny state at it's best.. :(

Xoim
05-11-2009, 05:43 PM
It seems like the EU are banning everything ;l

GommeInc
05-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Only a few words to say about this if it is true:

Good luck with that.

Companies won't allow it, they will appeal against it. It's the persons freedom to choose to deafen themselves, not the EU. If this is true, that they were debating such a waste of time and resources, then the EU will for ever be pictured as the nagging mother who sprays Dettol on anything - stupid, irresposible, and knows how to waste money.

ALSO, this will be a bad move because MP3 players, including iPods, may sound loud in ear phones, but when you plug them into cars or speaker systems, they're not as loud as they should be. If people sue companies because they've deafened themselves, the EU should do the decent thing for a change and tell them how to make a ball of concrete with a chain attached to it, and instructions on how to chuck it and themselves attached to it off a bridge :/

Smits
05-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Theyre having a laugh. The EU is completely stupid, i think theyre making up things for the fun of it, see who can make the biggest public outrage.

Alkaz
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Its ridiculous, ye its annoying but its just one of those things we've had to put up with for 100s of years so why bother now?

Even if they do get the go-ahead there will soon be software out there to crack the restriction and probably have it louder than previously.

GommeInc
05-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Its ridiculous, ye its annoying but its just one of those things we've had to put up with for 100s of years so why bother now?

Even if they do get the go-ahead there will soon be software out there to crack the restriction and probably have it louder than previously.
But how can the EU implement these changes? They can't possibly ask Creative, Apple, Sony and so on to change the wiring, their products are global - not special european items. Changing the way they are built will cost the companies money, something they won't want to do (and may lead to them appealing against the change).

kk.
05-11-2009, 06:19 PM
how can they limit the sound that they can play music. some people are more deaf than others and require the higher volume to hear the music. not only that but you can also boost the volume within music players, like itunes on the get info. This is just ridiculous and one more reason why the EU shouldnt be around. They should be focusing on more important things rather than how loud music is. It would alright if there was a multi national NHS service but there isnt so i dont see what the EU is going to get out of this

Rixion
05-11-2009, 06:23 PM
if this is true, i'll be leaving the EU!

I need my ipod!

Jahova
05-11-2009, 06:29 PM
What a joke the EU are.

alexxxxx
05-11-2009, 07:03 PM
tbh i thought this was already in place. i thought the ipod sound limiter was to coincide with this rule.

plus they would never ban ipods, they would just produce an EU version.. or just release the world one. They aren't going to throw away 30% of the global market for this.

GommeInc
05-11-2009, 07:13 PM
tbh i thought this was already in place. i thought the ipod sound limiter was to coincide with this rule.

plus they would never ban ipods, they would just produce an EU version.. or just release the world one. They aren't going to throw away 30% of the global market for this.
Goodness no. iPods got retuned so they aren't as loud and clangy, but the new ones are still quite loud :P

And you've still got to consider that either side has to pay out. If the EU paid Creative, Apple, Sony, (Microsoft) and so forth, then the EU would look stupid for wasting public money. If Creative etc had to pay, they wouldn't, no company in their right mind would pointless change a product for a specific market as big as the europe, when in the US, Japan, Korea etc the product is all fine. It just seems like mindless nit-picking.

Sammeth.
05-11-2009, 08:25 PM
When I read about this like weeks ago I thought they said it was going to be an optional choice by companies due to it being damaging to hearing. Rather, they're doing it to make sure we don't hurt our poor poor ears.

-:Undertaker:-
05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
When I read about this like weeks ago I thought they said it was going to be an optional choice by companies due to it being damaging to hearing. Rather, they're doing it to make sure we don't hurt our poor poor ears.

We as humans and a country must of lost our common sense somewhere along the line so that now we cannot tell what is loud and not loud, thank christ for the EU, I really don't know where we would be without it, we'd probably all be deaf or something because we're all so stupid.

Sammeth.
05-11-2009, 08:56 PM
We as humans and a country must of lost our common sense somewhere along the line so that now we cannot tell what is loud and not loud, thank christ for the EU, I really don't know where we would be without it, we'd probably all be deaf or something because we're all so stupid.
Yeah exactly, hit the nail on the head. This is why we need the EU. Obviously they are the only ones brave enough to tackle an important issue!

GommeInc
05-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh dear, the EU is turning into* Apple. They're question*ing human intelligence o.0

EDIT: My word, I cannot type!

Jamesy
05-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Nanny superstate at it's best.. :(

fixed :eusa_whis.

As others have stated, bloody ridiculous. At what point was it decided that a person no longer had the right to choose the volume they see fit for their music? This pettiness is actually frustrating sometimes..

Niall!
05-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Well, I'm don't usually say this, but it's time to FIGHT THE POWAH

Black_Apalachi
05-11-2009, 11:35 PM
This isn't Switzerland, soz.

xxMATTGxx
06-11-2009, 12:00 AM
I have read something similar to this month’s back. But I do believe iPods have a volume limit already to save our ears? The only thing I think the EU should make sure that MP3 players etc etc come with warnings regarding loud volume. Then it’s up to the user using them on how loud they want their music to be. NOT THE EU!

Black_Apalachi
06-11-2009, 01:59 AM
I have read something similar to this month’s back. But I do believe iPods have a volume limit already to save our ears? The only thing I think the EU should make sure that MP3 players etc etc come with warnings regarding loud volume. Then it’s up to the user using them on how loud they want their music to be. NOT THE EU!

The limiter on iPods can be set by user at whatever level they wish, and I'm sure they warn you about loud noise damaging your ears. I get the impression these rules are designed for others (e.g. someone sitting near you on a bus) rather than the users of the devices.

Ardemax
06-11-2009, 06:49 AM
what is the EU coming to

hah
06-11-2009, 04:21 PM
what is the EU coming to

Its coming to a country near you!

Accipiter
06-11-2009, 04:29 PM
**** this ****, like **** can they control every single person :l

*** they gunna arrest us for "Eccesively loud paolo nutini"

i'd tell them to go shove a pipe up their ******* arses :l

They'll put a ban on jeans trackies hoodies etc and make us walk around in suits and ties in 3 years.

******* ******s.

Jamesy
06-11-2009, 04:33 PM
**** this ****, like **** can they control every single person :l

*** they gunna arrest us for "Eccesively loud paolo nutini"

i'd tell them to go shove a pipe up their ******* arses :l

They'll put a ban on jeans trackies hoodies etc and make us walk around in suits and ties in 3 years.

******* ******s.

very eloquently put :8

Hitman
06-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Today it's no loud MP3's, tomorrow it'll be no talking loudly, the day after you'll only be allowed to inhale a certain amount of oxygen, carbon dioxide and nitrogen in one breath. :rolleyes:

Ardemax
06-11-2009, 05:07 PM
is that 4 gases i see you breathing? 5 years down the cell me friend.

Fez
06-11-2009, 09:08 PM
FIGHT THE POWAH

Couldn't put it better myself.

Accipiter
06-11-2009, 10:10 PM
sorry but, theirs worse things to be afraid of out their than excessively loud music...

So those saying its for the better of our ears, i think you should go wrap yourself in cotton next time you go out.

GommeInc
07-11-2009, 12:28 AM
sorry but, theirs worse things to be afraid of out their than excessively loud music...

So those saying its for the better of our ears, i think you should go wrap yourself in cotton next time you go out.
Don't forget the Dettol and it's death to 99.9% of germs and bacteria, including the good ones that help build your immine system :8

Dettol mum's need shooting, urgh!

Seriously, they're challenging human intelligence if this move amounts to anything, even if they were just "thinking" about it, it just shows how stupid and a waste of time they are :/ A very thoughtless idea either way :/

Niall!
07-11-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm not joking there will be riots on the streets.

Laggings
07-11-2009, 01:14 AM
'Ban loud mp3s', simply lol.

Accipiter
07-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm not joking there will be riots on the streets.

I'll be with them, take the camera might get a headline picture :O

i'll lassoo my skull candy headphones round their neck and pull them into the crowd.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!