PDA

View Full Version : [Funfair] Got wrecked that night! - Ends 22nd November

ItsDave
07-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone! Just come back from a fireworks display and there was a mini funfair at the side and it was very fun. Then we walked home, got threatened by chavs and things got a little hazy.... Anyway! It was a good night.

There was a ferris wheel, waltzers, mirror maze and lovely greasy burger vans, so yes, lovely fun. So the competition Xzoid you rambling fool, shut up I WANT MY PRIZE. OK CALM DOWN PLEASE I'm only one person! :( . Oh dear.

So yes, what this competition is about is that I want to know about your favourite time at a Funfair, whether it was one when you were very young and you just remembered it for getting a good prize, or one where you were older and got slaughtered with mates behind the port-a-loos.

1st Prize: 3 HC Sofas

Your entry should look like the example below:
Habbo Name: Xzoid
Habbox Name: Xzoid
My entry:

Competition Terms & Conditions

To enter this competition you must be a registered member of Habbox Forum. Habbox is giving all its members (not Habbox staff) the opportunity to enter competitions. You can send in your entry until the competition is closed at some time on the date listed in the thread title. Members are only allowed to enter once per Internet Protocol; breach of this rule may consider in a temporary or permanent ban from entering Habbox's competitions. The winner will be announced in this thread. Winner(s) will be private messaged by Inseriousity. to collect their prize. Habbox has the right to close the competition at any time before the competition ending date and the winner will be judged from all the entries received up to that point. Any harassment or attempted bribery of the judge(s) will get you disqualified and could get you into trouble on the Forum. All Habbox staff are excluded from participating in competitions, unless the competition states they may. Trialists may enter any competition whilst they are on trial. Any entries that break the forum rules in anyway will also be withdrawn. Prizes are subject to change. Prizes must be claimed within one month of the winner(s) being announced. Unclaimed prizes will be considered a donation to Habbox Competitions in the winner's name. All furniture prizes will be handed over on Habbo UK only. All rights reserved.

When in posting the competition forum, please only post competition entries. Do not post questions or comments - it is not the place to do so. If you need to ask a question, or feel it necessary to make a comment, then please send a message to the Competitions Manager or post in the "Questions & Comments about Habbox Competitions" thread.

PureGenius
08-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Habbo Name: PureGenius
Habbox Name: Samsp
My entry: As your walking out, you gaze at the sweet stall, with all the candy floss, then you give your mum a puppy dog face LOL, then she gives in, and gets you something :P

Americanozz
08-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Habbo Name: 7eventy5ive
Habbox Name: 7eventy5ive
My Entry:

I remember before when i went to a funfair called the Pleasure Beach in Great Yarmouth with my mum / dad / sister and borther. We went on nearly all the rides. My favourite was "The Disco" which is a ride that spins around in circles and swings right and left at the same time. I also like the Roller-coaster that they had, It was a really old roller-coaster made out of wood. It had very high drops and and tight corners. They also used to have a water slide which i went on everytime and it had 3 drop and one of them went down backwards. The water slide has not been replaced with a ferris wheel. The pleasure beach funfair got its name from being right outside the beach.

samantha421
08-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Habbo(x) name: samantha421
My entry:

I remember only a few years ago, I went to Mablethorpe for a day as I was currently on holiday in Ingoldmells 20 miles away. Anyway, they have a fun fair there all year round and being a little younger the excitement overwhelmed me. However, some rides were expensive. Me and my sister lined up for the mega wave ( you know what I mean? Those that look like big arms spinning you around, where you sit down?) Anyway, it was the first time I had ever been on one and I was really excited. Anyway during the ride, it stopped everyone thinking thta was the end of the ride, they all let go and waited for the bar to be lifted, but for some reason didn't take my hands off I just knew that our ride wasn't complete. Then all of a sudden we started going the other way round, everyone screamed apart from me. It was a fun filled experience.
Also, next to the funfair was a crazy golf course which was CRAZY!!! Holes were included like a suspension bridge a well and a bucket. Anyway, as it was near the beach there was a big sign saying 'Lose your ball, means your game is over' anyway, me and my sister were playing casually. All of a sudden, she hit the ball, it flew over the fence and landed on the beach. We had to sneak out to retrieve the ball because we weren't wasting our money. Anyway, the ball was yellow so it made it harder finding it on the beach. Overall though, I found the ball it was funny, and we have been careful everytime we have revisited the funfair and golf course.

toffeetongue
19-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Habbo Name : Lorrilrakest.
Habbox Name : toffeetongue
Habbox Entry :

The best part of the funfair has got to be when you have a whole family outing, and you all get on the rollercoaster, that's right - your grandma goes on the rollercoaster. The highlight of any day out to the funfair is your grandma on a rollercoaster. It's making me giggle right now. Bless her.

TinyFroggy
19-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Habbo Name : TinyFroggy
Habbox Name : TinyFroggy
My Entry :
I, impossibly will ever forget about all the experience at the funfair! Both sweet and bitter experiences. When I am scared of those big and scary Ferris Wheel, eering Haunted House, bumping into each other without getting sue (Bumper Cars!) and loads more (seems like more to bad.. haha :P) . Especially, when we are with all members of our family, doing something we enjoy, being there and smiling to each other... grabbing hands when we are scared to death, hugging my parents when I felt cold and much othas family stuff. Funfair is fun after all.. hell yeah! ;D

shadowclanninja
19-11-2009, 04:32 PM
habbo name: shadowclanninja
habbox name: shadowclanninja
my entry:

I remember once when we were at the fair in Guernsey we were about to go on a ride and we all strapped in (it was one of those flip over ones thats spin). Anyway, as we sat there they had to stop it cos of a technical problem so we told our friend who was sitting beside us that someone had fallen off the ride and he started screaming "get me off, get me off" so load that the guy running it had to come over and calm him down and he was crying all over him. it was one of the funniest things i have ever seen. lol

Cyndia
21-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Habbo Name: Redhotdevil65
Habbox Name: Cyndia
My entry:

I have always loved funfairs, and the BEST part about then in my opinion is the Ferris Wheel! It's the one ride I insist on going on multiple times, and it's always been my favorite.. well, except for once. About a year ago, my boyfriend at the time decided to take me on a surprise date to the fair. We got there around 7pm, just when the sun was starting to set and the carnival lights were really lighting up the night. We made our rounds through the games (he won me a small stuffed bear! but didn't manage to win the HUGE one :(), went and got some food, and then finally, as the night started to draw towards an end I told him that I REAAALLY wanted to go on the ferris wheel, because the view of the fair in the night time would be gorgeous! (And of course because I wanted to snog him at the top - hehe, romantic, right?). Anyway, so we got into the really long line and began to wait patiently. Most of the night the sky had been absolutely gorgeous and clear, but a little bit before we decided to go on the ferris wheel it started to get cloudy. As we waited in line for ages and ages (literally we were in the line for almost 40 minutes), we started to hear even more ominous rumblings of thunder and the clouds just got darker and darker. The operator of the ride was told he needed to shut down the ride after one more set of people - and it just so happened we lucked out and were the VERY last two people he let onto the ride! I was really happy... until the ferris wheel started moving and we realized we could see lighting striking in the distance. With our luck, as they started letting a pair of people off at a time, it just so happened they started at the booth of people next to us - and went the opposite way, meaning we would be last off the ride. It took them what felt like 20 minutes to get everyone off! It was the SCARIEST experience of my life, because we could see lighting striking down every minute or so, and it seemed to be getting closer and closer. I just KNEW we were going to get struck (which would be cool, but prooobably not the best thing health-wise). Anyway, so we ended up getting off the ride just as the rain started pouring down. We didn't end up getting struck by lighting, and even though I was scared to death during the entire time, it was actually a really really cool view - since we were so high up we could see for miles around us, and watching the lighting touch down in various places was really awesome!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!