PDA

View Full Version : Kakariko Village on piano

BigApple
08-11-2009, 11:28 AM
I was not sure where to post this and I hope it's the right category.
This is me playing the theme of "Kakariko Village" from TLoZ: Ocarina of time as some of you might know.
I need more views!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8uIPN_aAIU

Neversoft
08-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Veeeeeery good! The Kakariko Village theme sounds even better on piano. This thread is probably better suited to the music section though.

BigApple
08-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks! =) Most video game music sounds better on the piano, at least that's what I think

Neversoft
08-11-2009, 08:40 PM
I would agree, but when it comes to Zelda most of the music sounds better in its original form. The Lost Woods theme and the Song of Storms for example. The music in all of the Zelda games, Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker especially, is perfect.

uje
14-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Speaking from another musicians approch to this, when i saw that it was going to be your own arrangement i thought you were going to put alot more detail to it, the original song has so many great bits to it what i didn't really hear in your own song (From when your playing the B flat to F) in the repeated intro i thought you missed alot of detail in how its played, and the same in the other areas. Like in the original song at 1:20 it has an ocarina playing in the background, you could have added that effect on the piano by maybe playing a fill in the repeated intro.

From what you played, it was great. But for your own arrangement, it could have been so much more!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!