PDA

View Full Version : Computer Science degree...

MrPinkPanther
08-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Ok, so I'm applying to University this year to do Computer Science/Software engineering and I have chosen 4 out of 5 of my options. So I was wondering if any of you guys have any ideas in the BBC - ABB range?

So far I have:
-Sussex
-Glasgow
-Kings
-Edinburgh

Oh and also does anyone know which of the above will probably interview?

Cheers.

Note to moderators: Its posted here because some of the people in this forum do Computer science so it will get a more suitable response here than in education forums =D.

Johno
08-11-2009, 03:06 PM
St. Andrews looks for ABB for Computer Sci or Internet Computer Sci. I'm pretty certain Glasgow and Edinburgh won't look for an interview, they never mentioned it when I attended the open days.

MrPinkPanther
08-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Ok cheers. I was looking at St Andrews originally. Out of interest have you got any offers back yet? I'm slightly concerned because I know people who applied back in September/October and they've got a couple of offers but they are all higher than expected.

RichardKnox
08-11-2009, 04:25 PM
If you're interested in Scottish Uni's why don't you apply to Dundee? I've not looked at the grades but it's supposed to have one of the best reputations in the UK for computing related stuff.

Johno
08-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Ok cheers. I was looking at St Andrews originally. Out of interest have you got any offers back yet? I'm slightly concerned because I know people who applied back in September/October and they've got a couple of offers but they are all higher than expected.
I haven't actually applied yet, my whole idea of what I was going to do has changed after looking into Comp. Sci more (now hopefully gonna do Law & Business Studies)

Edinburgh was incredibly nice when I visited along with Glasgow. I personally didn't like the feel of St. Andrews but my friend loved it, and consequently was the only scottish uni he applied to.

MrPinkPanther
08-11-2009, 05:48 PM
If you're interested in Scottish Uni's why don't you apply to Dundee? I've not looked at the grades but it's supposed to have one of the best reputations in the UK for computing related stuff.
Cheers! Ill take a look. I'm not specifically intrested in Scottish unis, they just happen to be good ;).

I haven't actually applied yet, my whole idea of what I was going to do has changed after looking into Comp. Sci more (now hopefully gonna do Law & Business Studies)

Edinburgh was incredibly nice when I visited along with Glasgow. I personally didn't like the feel of St. Andrews but my friend loved it, and consequently was the only scottish uni he applied to.
Oh ok cool, my Sister didn't like St Andrews, she said it was a bit "snobbish".

Johno
09-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Cheers! Ill take a look. I'm not specifically intrested in Scottish unis, they just happen to be good ;).

Oh ok cool, my Sister didn't like St Andrews, she said it was a bit "snobbish".
I felt like it was just too small, I had only visited Glasgow before that and the contrast was quite striking. Its just so small compared to like large, city universities. I think you really have to visit it to know if it feels right.

Like I said, when my friend visited it - he really liked the atmosphere of the place :)

N!ck
09-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Manchesterrrrr

I think it's AAA or AAB though for Computer Science. (one of my flatmates is doing it)

ElliottThompson
09-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Sussex are very likely to interview you :X

I have only just finished off my personal statement, i'm so late at everything UCAS :(

MrCraig
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I was always sure stratchlyde had quite a good computer science department,
Well at least their prospectus etc looks pretty good :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!