PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Thoughts *SPOILERS*

Fez
09-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow.

This is one of the best campaigns I have ever played.

I'm still confused on some of the plot details (why did Shepard betray them exactly?) but the ending... good god.

Anyone else think so?

dbgtz
09-11-2009, 08:07 PM
I agree about the shephard bit, I think it's because of he thought they would make him lose power or his men because he mentions about losing alot of men before.

Space was the only dissapointing bit.

Oleh
09-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Just completed it, already knew ending though - ties in nicely for a 3rd one me thinks

Neil
09-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I agree about the shephard bit, I think it's because of he thought they would make him lose power or his men because he mentions about losing alot of men before.

Space was the only dissapointing bit.

You go into space? XD

dbgtz
09-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Hardly

Neil
09-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Hardly

Good considering you play as a special forces member not as a freaking astronaut.

Fez
09-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Hardly
Was still a viscreal experience.

Spiffing
09-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Hrm. I don't know if I'm disappointed or just played through it too quickly. I actually found some missions really hard and quite frustrating. Some were
predictable (like the ending) because they used objectives from MW1. I'm glad I didn't waste money on the Prestige edition.

The space bit was pretty. But random.

The part where they burn Roach is sad. I was like NOOO WHY :(

Can't wait to go online :D

Jord
09-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Right gonna do campaign tomorrow LOL

Multilayer FTW

J0SH
10-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I played it while I was uploading a MP video, it's pretty enjoyable.

I heard from Bren that Veteren is easier too, they don't throw as many grenades and stuff, so that should be easy to complete. :P

Spiffing
10-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I actually found some of the levels harder. Especially the ones set in the favelas. Probably because there are people on rooftops, hiding behind doors etc, just makes it harder. But if I'm honest I wouldn't say it's considerably easier.
I just wished the campaign was longer :(

ItsDave
11-11-2009, 01:34 AM
It is a good campaign, action packed from the start, truely amazing, but I think it puts you into the action too fast? And the Shepard plot confuses me. I mean, I think I could have a guess, but it would be wrong.

I played it while I was uploading a MP video, it's pretty enjoyable.

I heard from Bren that Veteren is easier too, they don't throw as many grenades and stuff, so that should be easy to complete. :P

That is true thank god. Just started to complete it on Veteran and the only noticable thing is your Health is realisticly low and the enemies are smarter.

redtom
11-11-2009, 01:18 PM
I did it on Vertain first time through and it is way too easy compaired to the first MW and COD WAW, although the story is good and its the most fun I've had out of the past 3. It's also way to short, less than 8 hours for the whole campaign on vertain its stupid, people doing it on normal must be getting through the game in 6 hours.

Overall its a great campaign, bit sort but its made up for through its quality, vertain isnt really a challenge anymore :/

Oleh
11-11-2009, 05:10 PM
6 hours haha took me maximum of 4

dbgtz
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
http://tech.uk.msn.com/gaming/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=150808904

Worst review ever, said the story was completely unemotive when I thought it was pretty good? The funny bit is they say you play a marine on the airport bit.

crazed
11-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Ending was ****. Left it open for another sequal... why. -.-

Fez
11-11-2009, 09:08 PM
The ending was awesome, I thought we would lose and we'd end up playing as Nikolai next time around. Was really cheering for Price.

Then when the knife prompt came up, I just smiled and hammered away.

Black_Apalachi
11-11-2009, 11:55 PM
I've finally had a chance to play it and just started the campaign. Doesn't anyone else think this is a brilliant game totally ruined by all the "blood" effects? :S As soon as you're hit with a bullet the screen turns red with blood everywhere, it's so awful! Once it's gone red you can hardly see what's happening so you take cover but it takes like a good 10 seconds to wear off... makes gameplay so slow.

Haven't been online yet, might jib off the campaign and go online tomorrow.

Spiffing
12-11-2009, 07:42 AM
There are loads of clearly over-used bits in the story. How many times can you escape in a helicopter then blow something up? I think the story could have been much better but the multiplayer is amazing, with all the title's, emblems and what-not. If the multiplayer was weak it would be a disappointing game.

I've finally had a chance to play it and just started the campaign. Doesn't anyone else think this is a brilliant game totally ruined by all the "blood" effects? :S As soon as you're hit with a bullet the screen turns red with blood everywhere, it's so awful! Once it's gone red you can hardly see what's happening so you take cover but it takes like a good 10 seconds to wear off... makes gameplay so slow.

Me too :( It makes it really hard to see, they should have just left it like the last MW. I like how you can get dirt on your screen but the blood is soo annoying.

Black_Apalachi
12-11-2009, 11:28 AM
There are loads of clearly over-used bits in the story. How many times can you escape in a helicopter then blow something up? I think the story could have been much better but the multiplayer is amazing, with all the title's, emblems and what-not. If the multiplayer was weak it would be a disappointing game.

Me too :( It makes it really hard to see, they should have just left it like the last MW. I like how you can get dirt on your screen but the blood is soo annoying.

Yeah I know, the snow mobile bit near the beginning was really silly as well :P. And yeah I think I prefer MW1. The online maps on MW2 look better but I haven't even tried it yet. I'm back home for the day but I can't even be bothered trying it! I know I'll just get pissed off with all the redness every 2 seconds. I didn't know when you got shot irl, your vision turned red.

Alba
12-11-2009, 07:58 PM
I was disapointed by the shortness, and easiness of the game on Veteran difficulty, still I'd rather It short and enjoyful, than longwinded, and awful. I loved the story It felt really cinematic. Especially the end.

Shepard betrays them, because he lost ALOT of men during COD4, and the American people and media didn't even bat an eyelid at It. He wanted to write history, with himself and his men being worldwide heros.

rifleboyaka
14-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Ending was ****. Left it open for another sequal... why. -.-

More money for infinity ward ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!