PDA

View Full Version : 16 year old boy sentenced to 3 years after raping a second child

Hecktix
11-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Freed child rapist, 16, detained

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46710000/jpg/_46710590_smith226.jpg The youth was originally given a community order by the judge

A teenager who kidnapped and raped a five-year-old boy, eight days after avoiding custody for another rape, has been detained for at least three years.
The 16-year-old pleaded guilty to charges including rape and child abduction against the boy.
Manchester's Minshull Street Crown Court heard the attack happened after he was given a community order for the rape of a boy, aged seven, in Tameside.
The first sentence, by Judge Adrian Smith, provoked a legal challenge.
On Wednesday, the attacker, who cannot be named, was given an indeterminate sentence for protection of the public after committing a second attack.
'Devious and manipulative'
He must serve a minimum of three years before being considered for parole.
Judge Peter Lakin told him: "The offences you have committed are deeply disturbing and very serious.
"You are a devious and manipulative young man with an unhealthy and completely unacceptable sexual interest in young boys.
"It is likely you will not be released for some very considerable period of time."
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46499000/jpg/_46499709_-16.jpg The second rape case was heard at Minshull Street Crown Court

The judge said the attacker had lured the boy to his home and had "cynically" taken advantage of him.
He said: "You took away his innocence. What you did has had a devastating effect upon the boy and his family."
He added that it was "highly unusual" for a court to categorise a 16-year-old as a danger to the public but in this case it was merited.
"I have to say I have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in reaching the conclusion that you are indeed a dangerous offender."
The boy was sentenced to three years and four months, but with time already spent in custody taken into consideration he will serve a minimum of two years and 359 days before he is assessed for parole.
Appeal bid
Judge Larkin also revoked the community rehabilitation order passed by Judge Adrian Smith and resentenced him for the earlier rape offences against the seven-year-old.
He was sentenced to three years and four months to run concurrently.
He was also banned from working with children and placed on the Sex Offenders Register.
When being sentenced for the first rape, Judge Smith is believed to have considered the victim's family, who forgave the youth because of their Christian beliefs.
But the three-year community order sparked an appeal by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8354316.stm

Does anybody else think this is absolutely appalling?

The two issues I raise with this is:

A) How the hell did he manage to get a COMMUNITY ORDER after RAPING someone in the first place?????????????? Why wasn't he put away at the start!!!

Secondly

B) Three years inside for raping a 5 year old child? Quite possibly damaging that child's further life? Three years? Are you having a laugh? That 5 year old has a lifetime of nightmares etc after what this kid did, and by the time he's 19 he'll be allowed to walk the streets again :S

Anybody else think this is absolutely shocking?

FlyingJesus
11-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Absolutely ridiculous. I understand that they can't give as harsh sentences for minors but crimes like this - especially repeated - should always be given as long a sentence as possible.

Ardemax
11-11-2009, 04:10 PM
it's better than nothing i suppose

AgnesIO
11-11-2009, 04:41 PM
it's better than nothing i suppose

I bet the parents of the raped kids would be happier for the judge to say he didn't do it, than 3 years.

******* ridiculous - broken britain.

Alkaz
11-11-2009, 04:48 PM
The whole justice system is ridiculous, I saw something recently, someone got 9 years for 3 counts of rape, 3 counts of incest, 2 murders. He only got 3 years per each count of incest. so basically got away with murdering two people. MY dads friend, had bleach sprayed in his face, they dropped the case even though they had evidence of an assult. Its just stupid, they need to reform everything in this country.

Smits
11-11-2009, 04:53 PM
This calls for capital punishment, hang him. Sick *******, deserves to be locked away and to rot.

grape.
11-11-2009, 04:53 PM
eugh. disgusting. only 3 years?

Black_Apalachi
11-11-2009, 05:06 PM
He should have been tried as an adult and thrown into prison, then we'd see who is raping who.

Ipswich
11-11-2009, 05:10 PM
He raped two male children.

He should have his penis cut off.

sLaggings
11-11-2009, 05:28 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46710000/jpg/_46710590_smith226.jpg

IS THAT A PICTURE OF HIM?

Oh and yeah, death penalty please.

-:Undertaker:-
11-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Welcome to Britain.

The sad thing is it doesn't suprise me, worse still the punishment is more sickening than the actual crime itself, but remember kids!;

NEW LABOUR
TOUGH ON CRIME
TOUGH ON THE CAUSES OF CRIME

kuzkasate
11-11-2009, 06:00 PM
What a sad-low life. That is just shocking seriously... 3 years.
Was the judge smoking skittles or what? :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!