View Full Version : Iphone, Orange or O2?

Technologic
12-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Which network should i choose.. the contracts cost the same (£35) and the phone costs the same too.

However, orange has better 3G coverage but their "unlimited" internet usage is actually limited to 750mb/month whilst O2 is truly unlimited...
So which do i go for???

timshaw
12-11-2009, 06:36 PM
I'd personally find out how good the signal is where you will be most using it, for example, your house, school, college, work and pick the best. For me o2 has very good signal but this cant be said for everywhere. So id ask some people you know who are o2 and Orange and see which is best.

Luke
12-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Yeh, you SORT of get a better deal with o2 with the internet, and up here, Orange is the worst for coverage - can never get a decent 3G signal. So I went with o2.

Look on their websites, and find if your area is properly covered by them (if you get me).

My iPhone is getting delivered tomorrow WOOP :D

timshaw
12-11-2009, 08:43 PM
My iPhone is getting delivered tomorrow WOOP :D

Haha I was very excited the night before :P

StefanWolves
12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Same. As people have said, it totally depends upon what the connection like is in your area, personal I'm on O2, their phone connection is fine but the 3G in my area leaves a lot to be desired, but I didn't have the choice of choosing networks like you now do. O2s download 3G speed is pathetic compared to my dads 3G T-Mobile connection, I don't know how Orange are when it comes to 3G speeds but it must be better than O2.

Also, did you take into consideration ALL Orange iPhone contracts are 24months? where as O2 are 18months? take that into consideration.

Meree.
12-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I'd choose 02. Orange loses signal sooo easy.

Technologic
12-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Same. As people have said, it totally depends upon what the connection like is in your area, personal I'm on O2, their phone connection is fine but the 3G in my area leaves a lot to be desired, but I didn't have the choice of choosing networks like you now do. O2s download 3G speed is pathetic compared to my dads 3G T-Mobile connection, I don't know how Orange are when it comes to 3G speeds but it must be better than O2.

Also, did you take into consideration ALL Orange iPhone contracts are 24months? where as O2 are 18months? take that into consideration.

They do 18 month contracts on orange...

StefanWolves
12-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Didn't see them... :S

Anyway, I preferred Orange on my older phone, when my contract is up i'll be getting the new iPhone on Orange.

The Professor
12-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Around here orange has better coverage than o2, o2 seems to have more dead spots (my 6th form common room for example :D). But orange sounds like a rip off so go o2.

Jordy
12-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Phone internet is never truly unlimited (Much like everything else from web hosting, broadband at home to texting). It's limited at about 3GBs usually.

750MB is more than enough, it's not like you're going to be downloading or streaming an excessive number of videos on your phone. I wouldn't let that influence your decision.

ElliottThompson
12-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Phone internet is never truly unlimited (Much like everything else from web hosting, broadband at home to texting). It's limited at about 3GBs usually.

750MB is more than enough, it's not like you're going to be downloading or streaming an excessive number of videos on your phone. I wouldn't let that influence your decision.
That decision is purely based on the users needs, plenty of people go over 750mb, i do myself... Youtube video's are quite data intensive and all the friends seem to gravitate around my iPhone during lunch breaks xD But then I know people who dont go over 80mb a month. You can keep track of your data usage in the settings app on the iPhone :D

timshaw
12-11-2009, 11:42 PM
I thought I used data allot on my iPhone but over 750mb a month, I'm shocked :P I'm just a lightweight really.

bigdavecox90
15-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Both networks packages are very similar, I would say your best bet is just to go for the network that has the better 3G coverage in your area?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!