PDA

View Full Version : RuneScape Classic Temporarily Re-opened

TonyBest
12-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Following on from my recent dev blog (http://devblog.runescape.com/view_post.ws?post_id=31&page=1) about our ideas for RuneScape Classic, we are delighted to offer everyone the opportunity to try Classic for themselves! For two weeks starting from today, Classic is open for new sign-ups from RuneScape members only.

If you access Classic during this two-week period (using your normal username and password), you will continue to be able to do so after the two weeks are over. If, however, you do not, you will miss out on the chance to do so, so give it a try.

There are 15 members' worlds, one of which will be left as being only accessible to those veteran Classic players who have stuck with it all the way through.

You can access RuneScape Classic here (http://www.runescape.com/classicapplet/playclassic.ws).

RuneScape Classic is the predecessor to the current RuneScape game. It was closed to new members over four years ago, but we want for players to be able to try out this important part of our history. We also have potential further plans for Classic (as discussed in this blog), so another reason for this re-opening is to see how many people are interested.

If you have any questions or wish to discuss this, please visit this forum thread. (http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/forums.ws?15,16,245,59881824)

Mod Jack H
Tools Developer

Note: If you would prefer not to play through the RuneScape Classic tutorial, there is a button to allow you to skip it under the 'Spanner' menu in game.

Only members can use Classic atm, and theres a seperate veteran world for classic players. Oh and after the 2 weeks of it being reopened and u have been online during the 2 weeks, u will still be able to continue playing. Note: there is a small bug concerning when a server is full, u will d/c when that happens, best thing to do is search for another world

Oh and ur RSC name is still the same as ur RS2 name, so ull be able to see ur friends on rs2

Arch
13-11-2009, 02:13 AM
Pretty cool i logged in just so id be able to use it in the future if i want too cuz i cant on my account now, but i still find rs2 better :P

IceNineKills
13-11-2009, 12:14 PM
This annoyed me, I liked being one of the only ones here who could still access Classic. Now my Amulet of Accuracy is going down in price, not up :(.

Arch
13-11-2009, 12:48 PM
yeah it'd annoy me aswell although i cant get back into classic its just i dunno so different then it was now for some reason

Sly
13-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I want a go :(

BobX
30-11-2009, 02:22 AM
MY RSC ACC GOT HACKED AGES AGO SO CAN NO GO ON DIS *REMOVED* YEA

PEDICURE ON MY TOES TOES.

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not avoid the filter.

DJ-Pig
17-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Runescape is a very good game :) so is habbo ;D

IceNineKills
18-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Runescape is a very good game :) so is habbo ;D

yeah, habbo is well amazing :rolleyes:.

Dr222
18-12-2009, 08:52 AM
I logged in on the 2 weeks and it said i last logged in like 1030 days ago i was like *** and found out the acc i got off my mate is an old rsc acc so i can go on veteran world :)

[Jay]
07-01-2010, 12:48 PM
The graphics are mind blowing.

TonyBest
14-01-2010, 11:36 PM
;6223845']The graphics are mind blowing.

Another sidenote is that if your membership runs out and you can still access Runescape Classic, once you regain membership you will still have access to it. And the next time its open for every1 is roughly in May 210

[Jay]
17-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Another sidenote is that if your membership runs out and you can still access Runescape Classic, once you regain membership you will still have access to it. And the next time its open for every1 is roughly in May 210

OMG I cant belive I missed it.

Ras
18-01-2010, 10:21 PM

**** sake man.. why didnt u tell us in time?

Neil
19-01-2010, 12:55 AM
I used to play runescape when classic was it's only form, was so much harder than it is now. xD

[Jay]
19-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I used to play runescape when classic was it's only form, was so much harder than it is now. xD
I dont believe that, its much harder not....I had to fight a monster with a level of 57....your not saying that you had monsters in classic with that type of level.

Neil
19-01-2010, 02:12 PM
;6248046']I dont believe that, its much harder not....I had to fight a monster with a level of 57....your not saying that you had monsters in classic with that type of level.

Harder as in experience gain, although it wasn't as balanced either, the champions guild quest was a lot more difficult, it was exceptionally harder to level up because you gained so little for each level, the changed tons with the release of RS2, like in classic the max possible level was 124, then they changed it and a lot of people got free levels, I think I was about 53 and got boosted to 55.

Grig
19-01-2010, 07:27 PM
I love classic so much more. I had acess to the game even before they re-opened it. Although I think it was slowly starting to die. If only they can find a solution or even add just one tiny thing to stop autoers such as a random event thing it would be good. This is the game I grew up with so I'm happy people are getting to experience it. Although I think they should re-open it permenantly when they have dealt with some autoer prevention.

As with a small population, you cant really Pk anymore etc. Many will know that is one of the best elemnts of the game.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!