PDA

View Full Version : I actually think I've lost my faith in video games...

ItsDave
14-11-2009, 01:54 AM
... due to Modern Warfare 2. The amount of advertising and hype because the first one set it up so beautifully had us all gasping for a slice of the pie which would be MW2.

This game isn't all that. It's, quite a let down. Multiplayer. What a horrible subject. So, its horrible. The maps are horrible. Everythings very close range and enclosed with a few sniper spots, but within the close range sections. Unlike CoD4, which would have sniper parts, and enclosed parts for nice one to ones, but then both could easily be swapped around and it just had the best maps didn't it? The guns. They're not realistic. They sound good yeah, but theres no, realism. If I pick you a gun I can only base it on the picture. If I was running past and saw one on CoD4 I would be, "right thats in accurate or I know how its going to work or sound like". I got this within the first day of playing CoD4, but MW2? It's just blergh. The original faults. The original minor details like no limbs blowing off with a grenade or body parts hanging on a lampost stretching itself. None of these have been fixed or altered. They need to remaster the engine, make a new one from scratch. The riot shield. :eusa_wall . The campign. Now thats good. Its full of action, too much action, I felt like I was playing Mission Impossible and Die Hard's baby. The storyline is straight off the Hollywood depths of Hell. Theres a tad too many slow-mo parts and, I miss the realism. I mean, yeah, I love, LOVE!- Captain Price and glad he featured again with the story but, the realism. I liked the whole issue in CoD4, ya'know, Russia firing a nuke, thats pretty accurate, but MW2? Lets overtake a fueling station, get one man to board a submarine, and him firing an electrical discharging nuke. Hmmk. A betrayal of someone in the highest ranks, unlikely. Its just, lost the edge its pre-decessor successfully created.

I feel like playing Assassins Creed 2 but I'll rent it out. I might get rid of MW2. I would buy Forza 3, but I think that is inaccurate, and thats meant to be a simulator for jesus christ sake. Ergh, sorry to rant. Does anyone else feel like that towards MW2 or most games being released these days.

Blinger1
14-11-2009, 01:59 AM
I feel for you, I was feeling that with cod waw, i didn't like the guns, the sounds or the multiplayer.. Even SP droned on a bit!

You also hav to remember that there was ALOT of hype coming up to this game just like gta and that sucked IMO.

Neil
14-11-2009, 02:11 AM
To be honest most of that made little sense, constantly complaining about realism with a game that lets you kill hundreds of people just because they were different colours, it's not realistic even in CoD4, the guns are only as good as the person using them, you play as special ops, guys that train for years to be good with a gun, of course you're gonna be more accurate, that's realism right there, a gun doesn't determine accuracy.

Flamedragon3
14-11-2009, 02:21 AM
I haven't played on the new CoD yet due to waiting for my xbox to be sent back from repairs (need to wait another week or two) and from what I have seen on YouTube, it does look pretty impressive. Just annoying with every kill you make, some challenge pops up everytime so that will eventually get annoying.

I'm actually more excited though about getting Borderlands and I'm going to get that as a christmas present as i'm looking forward to getting that more than CoD. :) It feels like a christmasy type of game to get aswell, if you get what I mean.

Misawa
14-11-2009, 02:53 AM
Call of Duty is incredibly unrealistic and OTT, but who can argue that the sheer carnage of Ground War ISN'T fun?!

Black_Apalachi
14-11-2009, 03:31 AM
I think I agree with pretty much the whole OP.

... Just annoying with every kill you make, some challenge pops up everytime so that will eventually get annoying. ...

I didn't even think of that! It's so true though and I hate the sound it makes because it drowns out footsteps etc that I'm constantly listening out for. Half the time I get two challenges at the same time so it makes the sound twice!

Jahova
14-11-2009, 08:20 AM
I think weapons are overpowered. People with no skill atall when playing the two previouse in the series can suddently start playing really well, because of the guns being two hit kills.

Firehorse
14-11-2009, 12:43 PM
... due to Modern Warfare 2. The amount of advertising and hype because the first one set it up so beautifully had us all gasping for a slice of the pie which would be MW2.

This game isn't all that. It's, quite a let down. Multiplayer. What a horrible subject. So, its horrible. The maps are horrible. Everythings very close range and enclosed with a few sniper spots, but within the close range sections. Unlike CoD4, which would have sniper parts, and enclosed parts for nice one to ones, but then both could easily be swapped around and it just had the best maps didn't it? The guns. They're not realistic. They sound good yeah, but theres no, realism. If I pick you a gun I can only base it on the picture. If I was running past and saw one on CoD4 I would be, "right thats in accurate or I know how its going to work or sound like". I got this within the first day of playing CoD4, but MW2? It's just blergh. The original faults. The original minor details like no limbs blowing off with a grenade or body parts hanging on a lampost stretching itself. None of these have been fixed or altered. They need to remaster the engine, make a new one from scratch. The riot shield. :eusa_wall . The campign. Now thats good. Its full of action, too much action, I felt like I was playing Mission Impossible and Die Hard's baby. The storyline is straight off the Hollywood depths of Hell. Theres a tad too many slow-mo parts and, I miss the realism. I mean, yeah, I love, LOVE!- Captain Price and glad he featured again with the story but, the realism. I liked the whole issue in CoD4, ya'know, Russia firing a nuke, thats pretty accurate, but MW2? Lets overtake a fueling station, get one man to board a submarine, and him firing an electrical discharging nuke. Hmmk. A betrayal of someone in the highest ranks, unlikely. Its just, lost the edge its pre-decessor successfully created.

I feel like playing Assassins Creed 2 but I'll rent it out. I might get rid of MW2. I would buy Forza 3, but I think that is inaccurate, and thats meant to be a simulator for jesus christ sake. Ergh, sorry to rant. Does anyone else feel like that towards MW2 or most games being released these days.

I think we all make these criticisms because we have played something better. I think for the budget they did pretty well, if we were all 12 yr olds or younger playing a game like this we'd all be blown outta our minds about how good it is. Just we grow old and see the same things too much or get used to something and then dislike it when something changes.

Fez
14-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Realism doesn't belong in the gaming world.

If you think realism is a core part of making video-games 'fun', then you should stop playing altogether.

Black_Apalachi
14-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I've also noticed how much it easier it is to kill by firing from the hip.

Andeeh
14-11-2009, 05:47 PM
i get what u mean but to be honest i love it just like most casual gamers.

Black_Apalachi
14-11-2009, 06:20 PM
i get what u mean but to be honest i love it just like most casual gamers.

I think it caters too much for casual gamers. I am defiantly one, so I shouldn't be any way near as good as I am on MW2 online. I mean from seeing people talking on here, I imagine they've played the series from the word go and should be amazing at it. Yet I find it really easy... However with COD4, I didn't find it too hard at first but it still took time for me to start regularly getting into the top three in matches.

CHA!NGANG
14-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I agree sort of. The online just reminds me of WOW. Doesn't remind me of anything like COD4. I almost finished the campaign in my first day of playing and had a few scenes left but got bored so I went online for a couple games and didn't like it. The maps are really bad, well the two I played and the fact that there is no tactical play at all. It's just.. lets run around and shoot anywhere and hope. I managed to come 2nd in my first game and in my second get a 9 kill streak but still found it really bad. I'll probably get used to it though and enjoy it more eventually but it just doesn't do it for me. The maps are built for close combat, well from what I played they were and I hate that although some might disagree. The guns aren't that bad but I just don't understand the whole tags, pick your badge bit. What's the point? It's just an un-needed addition. Also there are way too many kill-streak perks. Can't they just keep it like it was, or maybe just add one for a 10 kill-streak instead of introducing 10 new ones or however many it is.

Anyway that's my thoughts and I'm sure I'll like it more eventually when I get to know the maps and unlock S&D as that's the only real level I play online as it involves tactics which I like.

ItsDave
14-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I think we all make these criticisms because we have played something better. I think for the budget they did pretty well, if we were all 12 yr olds or younger playing a game like this we'd all be blown outta our minds about how good it is. Just we grow old and see the same things too much or get used to something and then dislike it when something changes.

I did play something better, the game previous to it, which shouldn't happen. It should have been improved. Not made worse.

Realism doesn't belong in the gaming world.

If you think realism is a core part of making video-games 'fun', then you should stop playing altogether.

I'm not saying I want an ultra realistic game where if I press X it gives me the option to sneeze for gord sake. I'm just saying, I didn't want something too be REALLY unrealistic. I know games are un realistic, come on, most of them are for taking on hordes of Aliens fighting in coloured space suits, yet I love them. I'm saying like, this game moved into a different direction too suddenly. It went from a good, believable storyline in CoD4 to something you just don't expect and can't really believe due to the circumstances the whole CoD series places you in previously. Do you understand where I'm coming from?

Fez
14-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm not saying I want an ultra realistic game where if I press X it gives me the option to sneeze for gord sake. I'm just saying, I didn't want something too be REALLY unrealistic. I know games are un realistic, come on, most of them are for taking on hordes of Aliens fighting in coloured space suits, yet I love them. I'm saying like, this game moved into a different direction too suddenly. It went from a good, believable storyline in CoD4 to something you just don't expect and can't really believe due to the circumstances the whole CoD series places you in previously. Do you understand where I'm coming from?

Of course you don't want an ultra-realistic game.

I kinda agree with you on the different direction thing, but really you just have to take it as it is. The OTT ninja that lurks in COD's bloodstream just sort of pounced all over this instalment.

I just don't think you should attack a game like this because of its realism. It's not trying to be realistic, at least I think so, it's just trying to be over the top and all over the place.

Callum.
14-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm not sure. Haven't made my mind up yet.

First 2 days were great, now not so much.

Black_Apalachi
15-11-2009, 06:10 AM
I've lost track of where I'm posting about this lol, but something else I just thought of is Care Packages. I can't imagine they were intended for people to actually use themselves? I mean after unlocking one for the first time, I realised going up to it is an auto-fail so instead I just hide near it and wait for the fishies to take the bait. Works every time :).

Dragorn
15-11-2009, 09:29 AM
So your basically saying it's crap because you keep getting killed by noobs?

CHA!NGANG
15-11-2009, 11:21 AM
The game is growing on me a bit. Once I know the guns and maps then it won't really be a problem but the only thing that annoys me is the new perks. You get like 10 helicopters in the air at a time and whenever you step outside your gone. Having 15 different kill streaks is stupid I think. If they added one or two and made it 5 Killstreak perks then I'd be happy. Apart from that it's ok, just need to get used to the maps.

ben
15-11-2009, 04:31 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't use inappropriate language or avoid the filter

Callum.
15-11-2009, 04:33 PM
omg! avoiding the filter. hardcore!

I've only found it fun while playing with friends now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!