PDA

View Full Version : I can't play this anymore.

Fez
14-11-2009, 04:13 PM
I've been a follower of the MW2 hype for over a year now. I thought it wouldn't surpass CoD4, but just improve over its flaws. I pre-ordered the Veteran edition, watched all the trailers and was expecting a hell of a ride.

For the first day of MW2, I played through the campaign. I've heard people argue that it is way too "unrealistic" and "shallow", but I think an element of CoD's stories has always been OTT. They pushed a realistic scenario in Call of Duty 4, they did it marvellously well. I think they took "OTT" and just ran with it, but never took realism into account. That's not a bad thing at all and some scenes, such as the airport scene, can really pull a few emotional strings that we're not used to. For four and a half hours, it's one of the best campaigns I've ever played. The ending could even be one of the best in gaming history, although the final cliffhanger is a bit stupid.

I hopped on multiplayer and after an hour or two, I found the FAMAS to be a one shot kill and for the whole multiplayer to be just built upon the foundation of CoD4. I thought this was honestly the best multiplayer ever made. For the first day, I thought it was easier to get kills, but also easier to die.

Day two of MW2, I spent it on Spec Ops. I did most of the missions with kk. ( I think) and we had a blast. The AC-130 mission is frustrating yet so clever and the snowmobile chase is just lulz. Holding out against waves of enemies was fun too, but the real good stuff came a few hours later.

I played the mission "Evasion" (the sniper mission set in the level of "Contingency") with a friend of mine. We engaged in mission chatter over MSN for more than an hour, talking about our strategy and positions. It was so much fun and so engrossing.

I hopped on multiplayer a bit, and my K/D ratio began to fall. Jord and I played 3rd person teams and had a real blast. It flew past my expectations and was a real kicker. On the second day, I thought it was easier to get killed, but it took skill to not be killed.

Day three of MW2, I spent on multiplayer. That's when things started to hit home. I wasn't getting good scores, and I checked the leaderboard to see if anyone else was having lag issues. While looking at a particular game, I noticed everyone just about had the same K/D of me (2-1). Not a bad K/D for a bunch of noobs, but it started to scare me. If Infinity Ward actually balanced it past the point in which everyone gets the same experience and the same frustration. Maybe they thought skill couldn't be a factor in their games anymore.

On day three, I thought it was as easy to get kills, as it was easy to be killed.

Day four arrived and this is when everything just fell to pieces. I wasn't getting a good scores, no one was. Now the problem was even worse, thanks to the whole community scaling up to around level 35. I was killed by FAMAS', riot shields, M16, Raffickas and so on. My thoughts were that Activision asked Infinity Ward to make it more "player friendly"... in other words "noob friendly".

So, to fix one unbalanced gun, they added more in. It is like covering up a mistake with even more mistakes. Two lefts down make a right.

Day four, I thought it was easier to be killed than to get kills.

Day five of MW2 and that's just it. I can't take anymore. I'm really not that bad of a player, a usual 2.11 k/D or something on COD4 (probably won't be that because my cousin comes over and shouts racial slurs and sucks at the game).

There's nothing, nothing at all keeping me playing the multiplayer. It's shockingly bad. So much that I took a trip back to Call of Duty 4, and enjoyed it a hell lot more. I don't play MW2 multiplayer and have fun and when I'm killed, I don't look forward to taking revenge or getting more kills. I'm tired of this, I can't play this anymore.

My thoughts: Single-player and Spec Ops are perfect in my eyes. The multiplayer is just so shockingly bad and boring that there's no point to even playing it. I still think both Spec Ops and Single-player are worth the money by far, but CoD is no longer the king of multiplayer, and neither is Infinity Ward.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go pre-order Battlefield Bad Company 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvsP_DL7eD0&hd=1).

Ontario
14-11-2009, 05:21 PM
did you actually write this or just copy and paste it?

Fez
14-11-2009, 05:23 PM
I wrote it.

rifleboyaka
14-11-2009, 07:01 PM
I totally agree.

Story is amazing and special ops makes the game even better.
I don't like multiplayer either.

I'll be going back to Cod:WaW online :)

Fez
14-11-2009, 07:01 PM
cool story
bro...?

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly

ecstasy
14-11-2009, 09:31 PM
So you're saying you dont like multiplayer because you die too much basically?

Fez
14-11-2009, 09:35 PM
No, because I die too easily. I can take a few hits and know when to back out, but when I can't fight back something like the FAMAS or the M16, that's when the game is broken.

[Chris]
14-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I agree.. MW2 Multiplayer is SO Boring..

Im bored of it aswel..

ecstasy
14-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Dont run into open spaces/have quicker reflexes/throw a flash at Mr FAMAS
Its not as terrible as you make out

J0SH
14-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't know why you lot are complaining, if you're dying quickly then maybe change your play style? Play defensive, use your enviorment to your advantage, hide behind stuff. And quit moaning about dying in 1-3 bullets, where do you die like that? Oh yeah, real life. It's realistic, deal with it. :P

Nemo
14-11-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't know why you lot are complaining, if you're dying quickly then maybe change your play style? Play defensive, use your enviorment to your advantage, hide behind stuff. And quit moaning about dying in 1-3 bullets, where do you die like that? Oh yeah, real life. It's realistic, deal with it. :P
init, sure if you're running out in the open, you're gonna be dead in a couple shots. Dont be so silly then.

Although on some maps it can be frustrating when u kill someone and instantly get shot from ehind

ItsDave
14-11-2009, 09:44 PM

Because there are people getting you with a machine pistol which is more powerful than the AK-47, or bashing you to death with the riot shield. Its a real bore.

[Chris]
14-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Because there are people getting you with a machine pistol which is more powerful than the AK-47, or bashing you to death with the riot shield. Its a real bore.

Its the same thing over and over and over again..

The same maps, the same weapons, The same PROBLEMS

Noobtube = :/

ecstasy
14-11-2009, 09:49 PM

What he said

Fez
14-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm a Sniper. I said it another thread, I usually hang back and when I switch positions, I carry a silenced pistol and try and sneak around. If a guy jumps out from a door, I'll try and dropshot him.

I can't get a flash out in time either.

Jord
14-11-2009, 09:59 PM

he writes all his own stuff :)

No hes saying its to easy to die, Such as if your using a MP5K Or something and your just running 1 burst M16 Or famas dead.

If hes aimed on you a flash wont do anything If hes locked on, but if its a stun it takes way to long to throw.

ecstasy
14-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Half of the noobs who use FAMAS' cant aim anyway so its all good

Fez
14-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Half of the noobs who use FAMAS' cant aim anyway so its all good
Yeah but the rest of them use the M16, Rafficka, care packages etc.

I'm off back on COD4.

ecstasy
14-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah but the rest of them use the M16, Rafficka, care packages etc.

I'm off back on COD4.

If you cant beat them, join them.

Fez
14-11-2009, 10:17 PM
If you cant beat them, join them.
Yeah but then I'm just as bad as them. I will never, ever, resort to having to use 'noob' weapons to gain an advantage.

ecstasy
14-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah but then I'm just as bad as them. I will never, ever, resort to having to use 'noob' weapons to gain an advantage.
Adapt your game then. Dont walk round with a pistol hoping that you dont come across someone who will kill you in one burst

Fez
14-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Adapt your game then. Dont walk round with a pistol hoping that you dont come across someone who will kill you in one burst
Oh sorry, it's the G18 that I use. A machine pistol. I'd put a shotgun in but I need to be sure I can take some guy out from a distance (in case I run out of ammo).

ecstasy
14-11-2009, 10:44 PM
I understand your frustration with it but I still dont think its so bad that you cant play it anymore. IMO, if you get the first shot in, no matter what gun your opponent is using, as long as you have a half decent gun, you'll get the kill.

Fez
14-11-2009, 10:47 PM
I always try and get the first shot in.

One of Paul's friends, I can't remember which video it was or which friend, said that the FAMAS kills in 0.7 exposure. With stopping power, it also kills in one burst.

I can react fast enough to land the first shot of my machine pistol, or assault rifle if I'm crafty. But then I'll just be looking at my killcam.

I even put on the heartbeat sensor, and try and sneak past them. Unfortunately, they have the same idea half the time and use sensors too.

iAdam
14-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I thought it was more balanced than any other game tbh, but I do see your point, for about 3 level ups i was spammed by noobtubes and riot shields, then I realised I should stop being a prune and start playing defensive again.

ecstasy
14-11-2009, 11:06 PM
I always try and get the first shot in.

One of Paul's friends, I can't remember which video it was or which friend, said that the FAMAS kills in 0.7 exposure. With stopping power, it also kills in one burst.

I can react fast enough to land the first shot of my machine pistol, or assault rifle if I'm crafty. But then I'll just be looking at my killcam.

I even put on the heartbeat sensor, and try and sneak past them. Unfortunately, they have the same idea half the time and use sensors too.

Cant win them all

Fez
14-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Cant win them all
Yeah, that's why I'm going back to COD4.

[Chris]
14-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Cant win them all

Cant win most of them*

ecstasy
14-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm going back to COD4.

Enjoy :)

Fez
14-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Enjoy :)
Oh boy will I.

Hello 35k players.

Black_Apalachi
15-11-2009, 06:03 AM
I don't think it's too easy to die, just too easy to kill. On COD4 even if an enemy hadn't seen you, it wasn't a certainty that you would get the kill before they had got round the corner, but on MW2 it's basically a 100% certainty. Anyone who appears I just kill with ease. It's weird because I wouldn't say I'm a very good player.

However MW2 is growing on me a little bit. Finished the campaign the other night and played on multiplayer a bit more. I'm surprised everyone loves the Special Ops so much, I find some of it really hard and it starts to get annoying by the 30th attempt. I haven't tried it with a friend yet though so maybe that will be better.

On COD4 I was always excited about unlocking new weapons and perks, but on MW2 I just ignore everything. It keeps telling me I can choose kill-streak rewards to unlock but I can't even be bothered creating a class. It's too easy as it is! I reckon I'll be back on COD4 within a week or two though, even though I've already been playing that for over a month.

ben
15-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Oh boy will I.

Hello 35k players.

*REMOVED*

Edited by flatface (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other members or avoid the filter.

Fez
15-11-2009, 04:50 PM
*REMOVED*
omg you're well hard mate.

Jahova
15-11-2009, 05:43 PM
You need to play to get better. My K/D is rising finally after days of it dropping.

Mint
18-11-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm a Sniper. I said it another thread, I usually hang back and when I switch positions, I carry a silenced pistol and try and sneak around. If a guy jumps out from a door, I'll try and dropshot him.

I can't get a flash out in time either.
Your a sniper? No wonder you're bored and fed up with the game. :P

If you think they are 'noob weapons' and they kill too easily then the wise thing to do would be to use the 'noob weapons' and get more kills instead of moaning about them. I don't even think the famas and M16 are any better than the other assault rifles. The Scar with the holographic sight is my fav gun because it stays still for long range kills and kills them fast no matter how close/long range they are.

But seriously now, about 80% of the year 11's have PS3's/360's. Nearly all of the people that own these consoles have COD6. At dinner/break you can walk up to anyone and know that they will be talking about COD6, it's just unbelievable because it's the only thing anybody ever talks about now. Most of them have PS3's now with the release of this cheaper version (:rolleyes:) so I'm lucky enough to have a lot of my friends on the PS3 with me.

Now obviously everybody wants to know who's the best and to be honest the answer to that is me and another guy. Saying that everybody has the same chance of killing someone is a load of crap. We all start the match with 0 kills yet at the end of it I will have say 30/40 and my friends will have 5 - 20. I always have around 5 deaths, never really any more than 10 yet they would be lucky to only have 15 deaths.

What makes you a better player is; how well you know the map, the speed at which you can aim and shoot at a player, good at seeing people before they see you, the accuracy of your aim, out-thinking your enemy(s) and probably a few more. There is a limit to how good you can get but how high your limit is depends on your mental/physical abilities. The only way to get better is to play more and to never skip any of the maps just because you don't like them. I use to hate half of the maps and would skip them because I'd never get any kills on them. After realising how often they come up I decided that I would learn to love them and that's what I have done. Now I enjoy all of the maps excluding 1/2 which I am finding hard to like.

I'm new to COD, didn't really play COD4/COD5 yet even though most of the COD6 players have came straight from a similar game I have gotten better than the majority of them and prestige'd in a day.

Black_Apalachi
18-11-2009, 12:55 AM
In contrast to my earlier post, now that I've unlocked more guns, it's not as easy as it seemed at the beginning with the first assault rifles and sub-machine guns. Admittedly, I stuck with the M16 throughout most of COD4 but on MW2 I've just been using the last assault rifle I unlock, getting a few attachments for it, then moving onto the next assault rifle.

I ended up on the Rust map before (the really small one where it's just crazy (I love it :D)) and because my class (I only bother making one) had an ACOG at the time, I needed to change to one of the default classes. So I just chose any and ended up with a semi-automatic sub-machine gun I think. Anyway this gun made the game so easy (like I was saying at the beginning) and I actually got my first win lol.

So this made me realise how much better the other less powerful guns make it as it's more of a challenge and I seem to come third all the time :P.

Mint
18-11-2009, 01:10 AM
So this made me realise how much better the other less powerful guns make it as it's more of a challenge and I seem to come third all the time :P.

I also like making it more of a challenge sometimes, not because I think it's too easy to get kills but because it improves me as a player. Like if I am in a small building upstairs and I know that through the door there are a couple of campers I would switch to my machine pistol (pp2000 or something) and kill them with that. Sometimes I run in and knife-for-mah-life. :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:8

Blinger1
18-11-2009, 04:03 AM
I like it, even the "noob" guns are good (the first ones you get..) :)

Josh-H
19-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Ah, don't worry guys, it's just Apeel hating on another popular game. Nothing to see here.

Fez
19-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Ah, don't worry guys, it's just Apeel hating on another popular game. Nothing to see here.
Oh so I can't give my opinion on anything anymore?

And what isn't popular?

Skajo
19-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Oh so I can't give my opinion on anything anymore?

And what isn't popular?
Still playing MW2?

Devil.Wont.Cry
19-11-2009, 05:22 PM
maybe you just suck at the game? if your getting killed easily then that means the other team are getting kills easier which makes them better than you

Fez
19-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Still playing MW2?
I just play spec ops now.

J0SH
20-11-2009, 01:17 AM
maybe you just suck at the game? if your getting killed easily then that means the other team are getting kills easier which makes them better than you

It's because he only uses a Riot Shield judging by his posts, and doesn't crouch so he's getting Famased in his foot, therefore making the game suck.

Everyone else is enjoying it?

Black_Apalachi
20-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Yeah I'm enjoying it a bit more than I was at first :).

Blinger1
20-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Im fine with the game, i get crappy connections because i'm in australia and the rest are in the UK (bad thing about working night shifts) so i won't complain about my score :)

Leuven
26-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Well personally I dont think its a case of, "He shot me with an M16, and OHK me".

You perhaps just lack the skill to be able to face the M16 head on and win.
You should play multiplayer again and start working on different tactics on how to approach someone with a OHK gun.

PaulMacC
26-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Your saying if someone kills you they are better than you?
Haha, what if someone is sitting in a corner with a cheap weapon and goes 1 kill and 30 deaths and the 1 kill is you.

Fez
26-11-2009, 09:01 PM
It's because he only uses a Riot Shield judging by his posts, and doesn't crouch so he's getting Famased in his foot, therefore making the game suck.

Everyone else is enjoying it?
No, I'm getting all of the challenges on the Vector at the moment, and I always crouch when using the shield.

dbgtz
26-11-2009, 09:08 PM
My mate camps and he always brags how he has a higher k/d and says I camp when I kill him, even though I moved and he camped? lol. I think if you stay in one spot too long you should die.

ecstasy
26-11-2009, 09:17 PM
My mate camps and he always brags how he has a higher k/d and says I camp when I kill him, even though I moved and he camped? lol. I think if you stay in one spot too long you should die.
you will die, it will be obvious where you are cause you've camped there the whole game

Pixel
26-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't see how the Famas & M16 are overpowered in this game?

The fully automatic guns are much easier to use IMO. I used the M16 a lot to unlock challenges and found that you couldn't afford to miss the first burst and at close range they weren't good at all. I haven't touched it since I unlocked the ACR and I've actually improved since then lol.

Stitch
26-11-2009, 11:00 PM
That is exactly like someone I know!

Jordy
27-11-2009, 12:02 AM
To an extent I agree, you are right a change of tactics and style of play is needed, however I'd really rather not do that yet I'm being forced too because of the over-powered guns and badly designed maps. As I said, I have to adapt otherwise I'll get owned, it's just I'm not enjoying it as much as I did on COD4 or having as much success.

There really is some terrible maps such as "Derail" which is just a snipers dream and everyone else's nightmare, say what you want, but I couldn't think of a worse map on any game. I also find the game too confusing with ever so many challenges and accolades etc, with COD4 and COD5 it was so simple to know where you were and what needed to be done. With so many challenges and attachments, knowing where to start is a challenge in it's self :P

All in all it's quite good but not as good as COD4.

[Chris]
27-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Tbh, i do think that some of the maps are a little unfair.. EG - Estate. who ever owns the house, practically wins..

I quite like Derail tbh.. I dont know why. I just do.

<3 The ACR (Silencer / HBS / FMJ + Holographic)

And M93 Raffica (Red dot + FMJ)

= WIN.

The M16 has been changed, I dont know if its just having a silencer on it? But if you miss the first ONE shot in the burst, Your dead..
Same with the famas, Although, I dont really like them..
Yes, The M93 is practically the same.. but i only use it in 'emergency' situations.

J0SH
27-11-2009, 01:32 AM
Famas and M16 are over powered, if you're on a decent 3/4 bar 1 burst which'll take like a split second will kill someone, where as it'll take longer to fire with say the Scar-H.

Black_Apalachi
27-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I haven't even unlocked the M16 yet, gonna own so much when I do!!! :D The only time I ever camp is on the little roof at the side on High-rise. I just can't resist :P it's not that bad though because you can easily be hit from several angles and there's a big gas tank right by you that can even be blown up. I love idiots who think it's clever to walk out onto the crane and camp there. Sitting ducks!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!