PDA

View Full Version : Music you want

Gibs960
14-11-2009, 05:57 PM
My bro is sending in an app for a DJ on habbox so he was wondering what songs you guys want to be heard, so he can play them on his shows.

Firehorse
15-11-2009, 08:49 PM
stuff that isn't stupid music. like the baby rubbish that stopped me from listening to hbx live. Play stuff thats actually popular, check the charts. stick to similar genres of music, tracks that compliment each other. what all the other 'DJs' don't get is that you should never play something good like "I got a feeling - black eyed peas" and then go and totally kill it by playing "tarzan and jane" or "barby crap"

also if his voice hasn't broken then tell him to lower the pitch to make himself sound older, but not so low that its totally stupid and childish. the worst thing is listening to a little kid drone on and on about stuff they usually don't even know about.

Richie
16-11-2009, 01:26 AM
what all the other 'DJs' don't get is that you should never play something good like "I got a feeling - black eyed peas" and then go and totally kill it by playing "tarzan and jane" or "barby crap"

Not All DJ's do this, oh and I'm assuming you put speech marks around DJ's because you assume what people do on online radios is not djing, when you are clearly wrong, let me define DJ for you.

A DJ is a person who announces and plays popular recorded musicPlease correct me if I'm wrong but do people who work on online radios do this or not?

Edit: Before anyone assumes I'm being biaist because I DJ on online radios, I am not, I just have some common English knowledge.

Gibs960
16-11-2009, 08:23 AM
So any music that you guys want, I'm not spending money on stuff in the charts that no is gonna ask for. So what do you want?

Richie
16-11-2009, 01:39 PM
So any music that you guys want, I'm not spending money on stuff in the charts that no is gonna ask for. So what do you want?

Trust me the majority of the time the top 20 always get requested, also I thought your brother was applying not you ;o

Firehorse
16-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Not All DJ's do this, oh and I'm assuming you put speech marks around DJ's because you assume what people do on online radios is not djing, when you are clearly wrong, let me define DJ for you.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but do people who work on online radios do this or not?

Edit: Before anyone assumes I'm being biaist because I DJ on online radios, I am not, I just have some common English knowledge.

I know what a DJ is and I know what i'm talking about. the reason I put it in quotes is because usually the DJs you get on habbox live every other day is a whiny sounding 12 year old. I don't know what its like now but once it happened it got too annoying and I never tuned in again.

Smits
16-11-2009, 05:22 PM
I know what a DJ is and I know what i'm talking about. the reason I put it in quotes is because usually the DJs you get on habbox live every other day is a whiny sounding 12 year old. I don't know what its like now but once it happened it got too annoying and I never tuned in again.

I totally agree with stutoman. The habbox DJs always seemed to be little kids and to be honest, i;d rather listen to radio one than a squeeky kid playing childish songs. I mean, they play quite a few decent songs, but the childish laughing and baby songs that are played ruins it. Not saying it's all DJs as some are quite mature and decent. Then again, i havnt tuned in for a while after hear a Dj with their friend laughing like a squeeky mouse for no reason.

So yeh, if you play recent music with soem classics thrown in, listen to the request and actu mature, entertain the audience, and you should do well.

Firehorse
16-11-2009, 05:26 PM
I think they should split up habbox live into two radio stations.

Habbox Live
Habbox Live Jr.

;P

Richie
16-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Perhaps some DJ's may not be what you expect but its a little unfair to say that the whole habboxlive team is like that.

Meree.
16-11-2009, 06:47 PM

Habbox Live
Habbox Live Jr.

;P

I agree with Richie. What makes the HabboxLive DJ Team unique is how all of the DJ's are different. From music genres, to ages and voice's. If we were all the same, we'd be boring and wouldn't have the great shows happening, and pleasing the listeners like today.

Gibs960
16-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Me and my brother share a "bank account" on itunes so when I say I'm not spending I sort of mean we're not.

Habbox Live
Habbox Live Jr.

;P

I actually agree to that

Firehorse
16-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I agree with Richie. What makes the HabboxLive DJ Team unique is how all of the DJ's are different. From music genres, to ages and voice's. If we were all the same, we'd be boring and wouldn't have the great shows happening, and pleasing the listeners like today.

I notice how you're also a DJ on hbxl.

radio stations which are very unpredictable are not exactly the best radio stations. Also if you listen to something other than hbxl for a while (not another habbo fansite i'm talking other online radios) then after a month or two you return to hbxl and you'd feel totally ashamed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!