PDA

View Full Version : guess what

cocaine
14-11-2009, 09:32 PM
my xbox has given my modern warfare 2 disc a laser scratch!

hurrah for the unfixable, waste of money scratches!

******* not happy at all.

Firehorse
14-11-2009, 09:52 PM
this was on watchdog in the last series. is it that round scratch which goes around the disk about the width of a mug?

Blockbuster has machines which fix those.

cocaine
14-11-2009, 09:55 PM
the width of a mug? what you meann
and do they really? i was told by GAME they're unfixable..

Firehorse
14-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Its like a ring right?

http://interactive.usc.edu/members/bnewman/archives/120205%20063.jpg

cocaine
14-11-2009, 10:01 PM
yeah thats it. like one on the left but a bit further towards the edge

Firehorse
14-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Theres a company called Scratchbusters UK http://www.scratchbusters.co.uk/cost.php they charge £4 per gaming disk and you send it off to them. Blockbuster use the same kind of machines and charge about £2 I think or some do it free I heard.

Also I found a site on how to change something inside your xbox to prevent disk scratching in the future, i'll need to find it again.

cocaine
14-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Theres a company called Scratchbusters UK http://www.scratchbusters.co.uk/cost.php they charge £4 per gaming disk and you send it off to them. Blockbuster use the same kind of machines and charge about £2 I think or some do it free I heard.

Also I found a site on how to change something inside your xbox to prevent disk scratching in the future, i'll need to find it again.

hmm theres a blockbusters just literally up the road from me, i might check it out. im very doubtful though.

and yeah that'd be useful, thanks :)

Firehorse
14-11-2009, 10:11 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how_4537054_fix-disc-scratching-issue.html ;)

Jam
14-11-2009, 10:20 PM
They still don't remove scratches, GAME done a disk for me and it came out exactly the same.

Firehorse
14-11-2009, 10:31 PM
They still don't remove scratches, GAME done a disk for me and it came out exactly the same.

Depends on what machine is used, if its done properly and how deep the scratch is.

It worked for others and also worked when blockbuster fixed disks on watchdog.

cocaine
14-11-2009, 10:51 PM
ah, ok cheers. typical of my xbox though.. ah well.

Black_Apalachi
20-11-2009, 03:18 AM
this was on watchdog in the last series. is it that round scratch which goes around the disk about the width of a mug?

Blockbuster has machines which fix those.

Yeah and Microsoft deny it happens without the user mis-using the product. :eusa_wall

My brother traded some crap game to his mate for COD4 with a scratch like this on. He then took it to GameStation and paid a few quid to put it through their disc cleaner and now it's fine other than that you can't get the Vacant map online and you can only do part of the campaign. Still, the game he traded was Mirror's Edge which, from watching him playing it, looked like a load of ******** to me! :P

Firehorse
22-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Still, the game he traded was Mirror's Edge which, from watching him playing it, looked like a load of ******** to me! :P

Mirror's Edge is a great game! The only problem with it is theres not much more than the campaign - no online mode. But the campaign is great.
Most people dislike it because they're totally **** at the controls lol

Black_Apalachi
23-11-2009, 05:07 AM
I won't ask how it can be good, but how can you be bad at the controls?! From what I saw you just run along and press jump at the right times. I think I might have seen a combat part where you probably just button bash anyway :P.

Firehorse
23-11-2009, 06:47 PM
I won't ask how it can be good, but how can you be bad at the controls?! From what I saw you just run along and press jump at the right times. I think I might have seen a combat part where you probably just button bash anyway :P.

I think you obviously haven't played it, i've completed the game and can say its a lot more complex than that :P

You need to land right, aim right where you're going, you need to change direction at the right time and theres one part in particular with some very hard wall running. Also it has first person shooting and sometimes you just need to dodge your opponents if there are too many of them, ninjas are hard!

dbgtz
23-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Agree with above.

Black_Apalachi
23-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I think you obviously haven't played it, i've completed the game and can say its a lot more complex than that :P

You need to land right, aim right where you're going, you need to change direction at the right time and theres one part in particular with some very hard wall running. Also it has first person shooting and sometimes you just need to dodge your opponents if there are too many of them, ninjas are hard!

Nope, just saw my brother. Cool bean :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!