PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about charging a headset

Mint
14-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I got a bluetooth headset today for playing cod6 and in the instructions it says that when it is fully charged, the red light will go out. However, it says that it needs at least a 4 hour charge and ideally left charging over night (8-10 hours). It has been on for around 5 hours now and the red light has gone out meaning fully charged. So does this mean that it is fully charged and will leaving it on charge for longer actually do anything? If a battery tells you that it is fully charged then surely nothing can be achieved from charging it even more... :S I just want to make sure its first charge is done correctly so it will last longer between future charges.

Recursion
14-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Just unplug it, I have NEVER followed those instructions and have never had battery probs

Mint
14-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I unplugged it then plugged it back in, the red light came on to say it was charging for 2 mins then went back out so yeh I'm just gonna use it now anyway, thanks. :)

Black_Apalachi
15-11-2009, 06:23 AM
The only problems I've had with batteries is over-charging them, e.g. my laptop barely lasts an hour because it's constantly plugged into the mains :P.

Recursion
15-11-2009, 09:45 AM
The only problems I've had with batteries is over-charging them, e.g. my laptop barely lasts an hour because it's constantly plugged into the mains :P.

FYI That's not overcharging, batteries just need to be run down and then recharged to live as long as possible ;)

Mint
18-11-2009, 01:04 AM

FYI That's not overcharging, batteries just need to be run down and then recharged to live as long as possible ;)

I knew that my laptop battery was so crap because it is always plugged in but I didn't know teh science behind it so cool ty. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!