PDA

View Full Version : MS Student Deals

scottish
15-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Ok so as you might of seen i'm getting a new computer.

I had a office 07 disk with a few licenses but i've lost it so i'm just gonna buy it against from MS

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/education/studentoffer/

Can you download dif versions and 64 bit and 32 bit? or is it just 32 bit? o.0

Also will they ship a disk out to you or do yo need to download and burn it?

GommeInc
15-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Okay, going to re-write what I said :D

1. Office 07 is a download (Office Ultimate 2007) and doesn't take too long to install/download. It can be installed on 32-bit or 64-bit.
2. Windows 7 - You pick what version you want via that offer.
3. Installing Windows 7 - You download it, and follow the instruction given to you (through an email I think?) and you don't need to burn it to a CD. The upgrade works on the same principal.
4. You can ask for a CD and for Digital River/Microsoft to keep a copy of the files back-up to download later, though you can do that yourself by putting the files on a CD, external hard-drive or USB device to use at a later date. It also costs about £4 or £6 to ask for a CD and/or digital back up.

scottish
15-11-2009, 05:37 PM
I plan on putting it on a new computer, so it won't be able to upgrade as theres no previous operating system on it.

And yeh i noticed its £9 for the disk and i can tick the keep it online.

Am i able to put this on a new machine with no prior OS as it states 'upgrade' so makes me think can only upgrade from say vista/xp to it?

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I believe there is ways around it but Microsoft class this as "illegal" not sure if you can still do this though.

Recursion
15-11-2009, 08:06 PM
I did a clean install, it can't tell if its clean or not when it gets to the point you put the serial number in.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!