PDA

View Full Version : Murder suspect mistakenly freed

Hitman
17-11-2009, 10:28 PM
A man from Essex charged with murder has been mistakenly freed from prison.
Jason Bethell, 31, of Broadway, Jaywick, is accused of murdering John Smith, 58, also of Jaywick, who was stabbed in July. He died in September.
On 9 November Mr Bethell was remanded in custody to appear before Chelmsford Crown Court on 1 February 2010.
But seven days later, he was released from Chelmsford Prison. Police are now trying to find him, while a Prison Service investigation is taking place.

Full story (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/8365009.stm)

Wow... I don't post the news, but this is crazy! How the heck could they have made this mistake... you don't release somebody from prison when they're due for court charged with murder... bloody crazy.

What do you think?

Accipiter
17-11-2009, 10:31 PM
wow, our police force makes us feel so safe.

Hitman
17-11-2009, 10:33 PM
wow, our police force makes us feel so safe.I don't think the police run/are in charge of the prisons... correct me if I'm wrong though.

Accipiter
17-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Prison guards guard prisons but police are based on site of the one near me.

Hitman
17-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Prison guards guard prisons but police are based on site of the one near me.
Oh right, I dunno what it is where I live... police sometimes go in and out.

Whoever it was, they're idiots! I know it was a mistake, but mistakes like this shouldn't happen.

alexxxxx
17-11-2009, 10:54 PM
i think it's the prison service that runs the prisons, not the police

-:Undertaker:-
17-11-2009, 11:20 PM
TOUGH on crime.
TOUGH on the causes of crime.

..you couldn't make it up.

Black_Apalachi
17-11-2009, 11:44 PM
All the guards have walked out of the prison in Liverpool to protest which sounds well scary :P. Sounds a bit dumb how this has come about....

Ardemax
18-11-2009, 06:28 AM
good job team...

xxMATTGxx
21-11-2009, 11:10 PM
It wasn't the Police but the prison service who caused this error.

"The police were informed as soon as we became aware of the error and we are working with them to return this individual to custody as quickly as possible. "

Plus it looks like he turned himself in:

On Tuesday evening he handed himself in at Clacton police station and will be returned to prison to await trial.

AgnesIO
21-11-2009, 11:18 PM
To be honest, right now I would LOVE to go into a rage, about how Britain when I was younger was a better place.

But to be honest, it wasn't.

Typical ******* Britain is all I can say.

GommeInc
22-11-2009, 04:15 PM
He probably got out, remember he was in Clacton and thought "Meh, nothing else to do in this part of Essex... Might as well go back in! :D" Can't blame him if he thought that :P

Just a small error really, he won't get far if he attempts to cause any trouble.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!